Buying Drink Package with Elite Happy Hour?

Sunset329

20 hours ago, Dreamcruise27 said:

May I ask what drinks are available to be taken from Elite hour? For example, is there a limit on how many bottles of water we can request?

I have seen people order three bottles of water and stash them in a tote bag to carry to the stateroom.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I have seen people order three bottles of water and stash them in a tote bag to carry to the stateroom.

I usually get a couple. If I'm refused I just go to another bar.  Its only water for heavens sake.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Cosmo and Appletini are the martinis served plus white and red wine. The white is pinot grigio and a SB from Chile which was very good.  I've even had martinis made with GG vodka at the Martini bar just because he had it in his hand. 😆 

I used to get the premium, but now we get classic included in our booking. Not worth the uncharge anymore. Rising costs are changing the game. We get a cocktail, then a bottled water or two.  Repeated all day.  We usually have 6-8 cocktails each, spread out thru the entire day. Throw in the specialty drinks at el bacio, and we happen to benefit from the package.  We always bring waters back to the room, for our meds in the morning, and a sip during the night.  Never a problem, and always get a drink when we want. No worries. No luggage tagging cases of water.  No carrying a sports bottle around, looking for a sink, or water dispenser to fill it up.. Not happening. Nor will we try to figure out how we can smuggle drinks out of the dining room, or Elite HH.  We have never even been to HH, as we can get a drink of our choice anywhere, and not a limited menu.  Like has been said, you gotta figure what fits for you, and what you are willing to do, and not do, on your vacation.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, cococruiser said:

Great thread! We are cruising in a couple of weeks. We are elite and this will be our first cruise without a package. It’s just my husband and I, if we were with friends (if they weren’t elite)  I think we’d need to take the package. It’s a 12 night cruise with around 6 days off the ship on excursions. I really don’t think the package would be worth it. We plan to take a bottle of wine on board each. We bought a few bottles of wine in the Black Friday sale for dinners. The other nights we will avail of the 20% elite wine discount.  We will use the HH each day that it’s available.  For the rest of the time, we will pay as we go. I think it will work for us as this cruise is more about touring. A new experience for 2 passengers who have only ever had the premium package!

This is exactly us on a port intensive cruise. We’ve found it works out fine.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 8:09 AM, miched said:

There is no HH on embarkation day or the days that have the Captains Reception,  or Captain's Club party.   So that could be 3 days of your cruise without the HH.   They do serve the same HH drinks at those parties that last about 1 hour 

$100/day is a lot of drinking and if you have a lot of port days you may be drinking at those ports instead.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On our last several cruises, the only day you couldn't get the drinks from 5 - 7 was on embarkation day.  Every other day they were available.

Also an aside to the OP, you can get specialty coffees, mimosas, bellinis and specialty coffee at the Elite breakfast.  We normally don't eat our breakfast at the Elite breakfast, but will go there after breakfast if one of us wants one of those beverages.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the advice on this thread. I am convinced by reading all your suggestions and comments that we will be sailing for the first time wo an alcohol pkg. We will use the elite breakfast specialty coffees and maybe even bellinis or mimosas, the elite HH, the wine bottle discount for dinner, and if we want a pina colada at the pool we will pay as we go. Pretty sure we will save money. We have never even been to the Elite breakfast area. Is it just a croissant/pastry selection, or can we get eggs, bacon, etc.? My husband does enjoy the made to order omelettes at the OV. 

2 minutes ago, frteach said:

Thanks for all the advice on this thread. I am convinced by reading all your suggestions and comments that we will be sailing for the first time wo an alcohol pkg. We will use the elite breakfast specialty coffees and maybe even bellinis or mimosas, the elite HH, the wine bottle discount for dinner, and if we want a pina colada at the pool we will pay as we go. Pretty sure we will save money. We have never even been to the Elite breakfast area. Is it just a croissant/pastry selection, or can we get eggs, bacon, etc.? My husband does enjoy the made to order omelettes at the OV. 

No eggs or bacon but I do enjoy their fruit and also cheese plate while sipping on a peach bellini.  

8 minutes ago, frteach said:

Elite breakfast is second breakfast for the day for me 😁

Go to OVC at 6:30 have a nice egg breakfast than head To Elite breakfast for coffee and BSing with friends 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, frteach said:

50793485-453D-4C6D-9BA0-AFE5312B782C.jpeg

2B366460-BF48-4FCC-856F-863AC8030077.jpeg

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

50793485-453D-4C6D-9BA0-AFE5312B782C.jpeg

2B366460-BF48-4FCC-856F-863AC8030077.jpeg

I personally do not see what the big deal is with this breakfast, as it is pretty limited..But some truly enjoy it.  Keeps them from overloading at the Oceanview for sure.  Another perk we just don't use.  Underwhelming, when it should in fact have selections with a special twist, that are only served there for those who have achieved this level...

1 hour ago, Hawkstar33 said:

I personally do not see what the big deal is with this breakfast, as it is pretty limited..But some truly enjoy it.  Keeps them from overloading at the Oceanview for sure.  Another perk we just don't use.  Underwhelming, when it should in fact have selections with a special twist, that are only served there for those who have achieved this level...

We just go there for coffee if we don’t have a drink package ,

Havent been to one since 2017 😁

1 hour ago, Hawkstar33 said:

I enjoy the Elite breakfast for the mimosas and the aft view on S class ships is great.

5 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I can get my Caramel Macchiato there as well. 

8 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

great cofffee compared to mdr or buffet urns..  mimosas are nice too!

quieter than other venues

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

I've been making mimosas for breakfast with the extra prosecco I had on hand at Christmas. 

Caramel Macchiato I like , but a big pass mimosas 😁

only time I like Prosecco is with the raspberry sorbet my wife makes 😋

Interesting thread.  I just upgraded to a Concierge cabin gty with nothing included on my upcoming 3 day sailing.  I plan to get the Elite discount on the wifi later this weekend and truthfully we don't drink enough to justify the drink package.  I priced it and it was not worth it.  Even with CocoCay we didn't bother as if we want drinks, we have a cooler that we can stash with soda to take with us.  If I want a beer or a hard cider, we will just buy them.  

26 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

At the elite breakfast? Wonderful.

Laura

Yep. I was on the Silhouette last November and usually got them at Cafe El bacio as part of my Elite plus benefits but lines were long at 8 am and service slow.  My waiter during the Elite said he'd make me one.

38 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

only time I like Prosecco is with the raspberry sorbet my wife makes 😋

I'll give it a try next time I have dinner guests.

• Like 1

One more question about the Elite breakfast. Is there table service or a buffet style? Can I take out the coffee and the drink to enjoy on the balcony? My H will still want to go to the buffet, so I will probably be there too. Thanks for the menu, which suggests table service. Love the idea of bagels and salmon. 

12 minutes ago, frteach said:

One more question about the Elite breakfast. Is there table service or a buffet style? Can I take out the coffee and the drink to enjoy on the balcony? My H will still want to go to the buffet, so I will probably be there too. Thanks for the menu, which suggests table service. Love the idea of bagels and salmon. 

Hit OVC for first breakfast than hit Elite breakfast for coffee 🤣
no you not suppose to take anything out , table service for coffee 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

no you not suppose to take anything out , table service for coffee 

They don't encourage it but they won't stop you. I always take a mimosa to the MDR. I don't always have a big breakfast either, sometimes just toast and cereal. A mimosa at the MDR is $11 plus 20% maybe more since my cruise in November. 

Edited by drakes2
Spelling