Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

6 minutes ago, kluv2cruz said:

Re sad broccoli… if I can make a yummy suggestion… toss in small amount (1-2T) oil, coarse salt, maybe a bit of rind from one of your squozed limes, and roast in hot oven (375-450ish) on a cookie sheet stirring a few times for 10++ minutes to almost charred. Yum - you’ll eat the whole amount of broccoli. So good.

Like lime zest?

• Like 3

Laundry is in the dryer and stuff is going in the suitcase... Pretty soon I'm going to heat up the leftovers and shake up another margarita. I'm trying to start slow, as I need to accomplish a lot of stuff this evening... Trying to figure out what to listen to now... Probably going to be something from the eighty's or nineties...

PXL_20240112_223852564.jpg

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Laundry is in the dryer and stuff is going in the suitcase... Pretty soon I'm going to heat up the leftovers and shake up another margarita. I'm trying to start slow, as I need to accomplish a lot of stuff this evening... Trying to figure out what to listen to now... Probably going to be something from the eighty's or nineties...

PXL_20240112_223852564.jpg

Don’t forget you get free laundry now onboard! 

• Like 12

On 1/11/2024 at 6:46 AM, sid_9169 said:

***Before we get too far into the weeds, I always like to add a disclaimer in case there are any new readers out there: This “review” probably won't be like most of the others out there. The tale you're about to endure will merely be the narrative beginning here at my home in Atlanta, and documenting in words and pictures, my travels down to Miami, and eventually boarding the Carnival Celebration for what will be round number two for me. (First time was back in late November / early December 2022) 

I'm not going to be providing pictures of menus or the Fun Times nor any other pertinent information that would help you out if you decided to cruise on the Carnival Celebration. You can find all of that via other reviews here on Cruise Critic or elsewhere. It'll mostly revolve around whatever I decide to eat or drink or the things I run across in my daily walkabouts… Sometimes I’ll “zig” and sometimes I’ll “zag”, and sometimes I may not have the slightest idea what I'm going to do next… You just never know. 

We'll just say that my take on things is probably a bit more “rough around the edges” than most. More similar in attitude to Archie Bunker than say Ward Cleaver, if you know what I mean. I'll try to at least keep it clean enough for the Cruise Critic brand, although sometimes I may get very close to the boundaries. So pour yourself a drink and pack your sense of humor and most of all, just try to take everything with a grain of salt. (*especially my gross misuse of punctuation, grammar, and excessive use of “quote” signs)

Now, with those bits out of the way: Please buckle your seatbelt, and let's get this show on the road!!!...

Love it!

• Like 6

22 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

The ports for this sailing aren't exactly among my all time favorites. In Amber Cove I'll probably just be calling it a sea day, as I've never found anything great to do in the Dominican Republic.

In St Thomas I've considered taking the Red Hook ferry over to St John, but that'll all depend on my ability to drag myself out of bed early enough to make a decent day out of it. The more likely scenario will be taking the dollar bus over to Lindquist Beach or maybe Sapphire… I'd also like to find something good to eat there. I've got my eyes on a roti place in Charlotte Amalie, which I've never really explored, so that'll be a whole new experience for me. 

In San Juan I'll probably walk the city streets for a little “gastro tourism”, and try to locate and consume some of the great local food and adult beverages… 

In San Juan - If you haven't already discovered this place, check out Casa de Montecristo. It's a cigar lounge/bar. We stumbled upon it in December on my last VV cruise. Bartenders are top notch and they have a nice cigar selection. Super chill atmosphere.

• Like 5

Marg number two is shook, and I'm gathering more essential items to throw in my bag. I'm predicting an early night tonight, not that I ever stay up too late. Next major project is stacking and packing my shirts... Shorts, swimming trunks, underwear, and socks are already in the suitcase...

PXL_20240112_231427538.jpg

• Like 19

Marg # 3, and cranking up some 1980's death metal... Well, not really "cranking it" since I live in a highrise condo building, but listening moderately... I'm pretty much finished with the packing, and just waiting for the laundry to be dry. Next stop: Miami!!!...

Probably only @Saint Greg has ever heard this one...

PXL_20240113_000027633.thumb.jpg.042e34477bed407d4eb1bf7a7f778d4c.jpg

PXL_20240113_000125929.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

Sid, the reason you have hundreds of people following your lives ever time, is because you are just sharing your adventure. We all live through your post wishing we were there. It’s like reading a book and anticipating the next move. None of us come here to learn tips and tricks from your reviews, if we wanted that we would go to google and YouTube. There is a stink donkey mole in here that needs to go. 

• Like 25
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

Don’t forget to pack your hand drawn map. 

Got a couple of brand new ones that I just made, as well as a "modified" existing map of San Juan... New places, new adventures...

PXL_20240113_000908834.thumb.jpg.e108beeda42e8e936023f5935e0c41c5.jpg

PXL_20240113_000916992.jpg

• Like 22
  • Haha 1

On to ship related topics: one thing that I'm slightly (more than slightly) concerned about is that I don't know any of the Alchemy bartenders on board. On the past couple of Carnival cruises, I've been able to confidently rely upon the "two Nikola's"... If I just wanted a regular 'ol margarita, I know that they'd be happy to make me one. With a brand new Alchemy bartender, who knows?

This time I'm going in completely void of any sort of "rapport" with any of them... I guess that my first move is going to be the "big tip" straight off the bat. That's usually enough to "butter them up" to my needs and wants... We'll see.........

• Like 25

2 hours ago, Prnsessmoi said:

Ok, so I'm 17 pages late, but got here before the cruise started. Have a great time Sid!

Heck he isn't even in the vicinity of the cruise port yet. You're early!

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

On to ship related topics: one thing that I'm slightly (more than slightly) concerned about is that I don't know any of the Alchemy bartenders on board. On the past couple of Carnival cruises, I've been able to confidently rely upon the "two Nikola's"... If I just wanted a regular 'ol margarita, I know that they'd be happy to make me one. With a brand new Alchemy bartender, who knows?

This time I'm going in completely void of any sort of "rapport" with any of them... I guess that my first move is going to be the "big tip" straight off the bat. That's usually enough to "butter them up" to my needs and wants... We'll see.........

Be optimistic! 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Big tip will definitely help! On my last cruise I never even ordered the last 6-7 drinks, the bartender just kept them coming! 🙂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

Re sad broccoli… if I can make a yummy suggestion… toss in small amount (1-2T) oil, coarse salt, maybe a bit of rind from one of your squozed limes, and roast in hot oven (375-450ish) on a cookie sheet stirring a few times for 10++ minutes to almost charred. Yum - you’ll eat the whole amount of broccoli. So good.

Excellent idea. I love pretty much any veggie nice and roasted--I make it the way you said minus lime juice. Mmmm.

• Like 3

Okay, everybody play nice now!... The laundry is dry, and I'm wet with tequila... Misfits cranking on the stereo... An infinite number of possibilities for music afterwards...

PXL_20240113_001743750.jpg

• Like 18
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Okay, everybody play nice now!... The laundry is dry, and I'm wet with tequila... Misfits cranking on the stereo... An infinite number of possibilities for music afterwards...

Screenshot2024-01-12203753.png.100cf1c88a918c9c742cef169be27678.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

8 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Define “nice”, I’m not familiar with the concept. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7