Breakfast card question

Nora86

I have a hard time leaving a cabin in the morning so I always use the breakfast card. In the past my husband also brought food down from the buffet. I see that some people have written extras on their breakfast card with some success. For example scrambled eggs and bacon. I would love to be able to do that I'm just not sure how well it's received by the crew. Has anyone been denied or gotten negative feedback for doing this? And should I add extra tip? It may not go to the person that did the extra work. Thanks!

It definitely won't go to the person who did the extra work. The tip that you provide to the person who drops of your order is the one who gets the tip.

Some report success writing in a desired food. I've tried it a couple of times without success.

Why don’t you place your order through the App. Secondly, the person that delivers your food, does he keep the tip for himself or does he turn it in to his Manager for sharing among other crew members. 

Edited by DHP1

It's none of our business where the tip goes, no one knows if it goes into the fleet wide pool or not.

Do you have the premium alcohol package because if not you will pay $5 for room service when adding those extra items. The items on the card are included in your fare at no extra charge.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

It's none of our business where the tip goes, no one knows if it goes into the fleet wide pool or not.

Do you have the premium alcohol package because if not you will pay $5 for room service when adding those extra items. The items on the card are included in your fare at no extra charge.

There is no charge for using the door hanger card, and a one off charge for ordering via a the app, if you are a standard fare pax

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

It definitely won't go to the person who did the extra work. The tip that you provide to the person who drops of your order is the one who gets the tip.

Some report success writing in a desired food. I've tried it a couple of times without success.

On that note this was something I was curious about as well. If you wrote like you wanted certain ingredients in an omelet, is that likely to be accepted or rejected?

Have written in toast and hot water in a paper cup for tea(they inter change the water and coffee pitchers and the hot water tastes like coffee) 

I received both of these multiple times.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Why don’t you place your order through the App. Secondly, the person that delivers your food, does he keep the tip for himself or does he turn it in to his Manager for sharing among other crew members. 

At one time turning in cash tips was policy, but dropped as impossible to police.

11 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Have written in toast and hot water in a paper cup for tea(they inter change the water and coffee pitchers and the hot water tastes like coffee) 

I received both of these multiple times.

Glad to hear that I am not the only person that has these issues. My biggest disappointment in the room service breakfast is the "coffee flavored" hot water 😞  As a tea drinker (I detest coffee and even the smell of it makes me me feel ill) waking to a cup of coffee tainted tea because they put the hot water into a jug that that previously held coffee is foul. I write clearly on the card requesting that they don't do it and have given appropriate feedback every time I cruise but to no avail 😞 I'll try your method this time but it really shouldn't be so difficult. The water and coffee jugs are usually labeled.....  recently on the Grand a couple of the large hot water urns in the Buffet drinks section had also had coffee in them. They argued the point until I poured a fresh cup and it not only smelled like coffee it looked and tasted of it too!  The Supervisor was called and sent a Crew member to get me untainted hot water which was much appreciated. It doesn't happen in the MDR, they serve the hot water in the silver teapots or jugs. 

• Like 1

Will see how this works on our November cruise.  This will be our first mass market cruise in many years.  Driving to Galveston rather than flying is a real plus.  We too are like the OP.  Morning breakfast in stateroom ordered off the card.  We write in our preferences on the card.  Even on smaller ships like Seabourn they sometimes get it wrong.  We have the premier package and are sailing in an accessible mini-suite.  I wonder if I can still get eggs benedict or a Denver omelette delivered to our stateroom.

I have written in specific breakfast items such as almond croissant, hot oatmeal with brown sugar & raisin, or a couple of pieces of bacon for the breakfast sandwich. So enjoyable with the hot coffee and for when I don’t want to get up early.  have always had what I requested delivered. I usually order just one extra item. 

On 1/12/2024 at 3:09 PM, DHP1 said:

How do you order breakfast items on the app?

Thanks for all the replies. We have the Plus Package so we could use the app but from what I've seen there are no breakfast items except the breakfast sandwich. I'll probably give it a shot, start slow with bacon and work my way up to an omelette:-)

• Like 1