TK Grill must be closed on Quest

kjbacon

When checking the SB app for the nightly menus on Quest, TK Grill is no longer listed. Must be that it’s now closed and the changeover is in process. Looking forward to learning more about Solis.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kjbacon said:

When checking the SB app for the nightly menus on Quest, TK Grill is no longer listed. Must be that it’s now closed and the changeover is in process. Looking forward to learning more about Solis.

The Quest's TKG menu still shows up on my app today.

Is your next SB cruise on Quest?  I believe that's the only way to view Quest's menus on the app.

TK Grill on Quest closed January 10, according to a passenger aboard — about as expected. They might be a little behind schedule, but Solis should open for business in about a week.

This was the previously-posted schedule for Solis conversion plans:

image.png.38d1109854c5c6676c4edf2d6eb1edd7.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skybluewaters said:

According to my Seabourn Source app, it’s “Hickory Smoked BBQ Baby Back Ribs” night in Colonnade on the Quest. If that’s true, then that should be the last go around for that Keller favorite on Quest. 

Have they made clear what they are going to do about the Rib and Chicken nights in Colonnade?  Maybe I missed that.

On our last cruise the two formal nights were French and Rib nights in Colonnade, which are two of our favorites.  We saw a number of passengers trying to eat their BBQ ribs without dripping on their tuxes and gowns.

3 hours ago, stan01 said:

Have they made clear what they are going to do about the Rib and Chicken nights in Colonnade?  Maybe I missed that.

On our last cruise the two formal nights were French and Rib nights in Colonnade, which are two of our favorites.  We saw a number of passengers trying to eat their BBQ ribs without dripping on their tuxes and gowns.

I guess some people find using a fork a challenge.

7 hours ago, scamper said:

I guess some people find using a fork a challenge.

Everyone was having a good time enjoying the meal, so I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

According to my Seabourn Source app, it’s “Hickory Smoked BBQ Baby Back Ribs” night in Colonnade on the Quest. If that’s true, then that should be the last go around for that Keller favorite on Quest. 

Not necessarily.  I was told by the maitre'd on our last trip that Seabourn owns the recipes and may continue to use them. Whether it's true, and if they'll continue to keep crowd favorites is another matter.😃

• Like 1

I think the dates for the Ovation that are on the chart above may be off.  We are on for two weeks beginning 3/31 and have reservations at Solis for 3/31 and 4/7.  Previously we could only make the reservations for the second week but on checking back we also got the first week at Solis.  Remains to be seen of course but it seems that the 3/24 above is now the date for maybe the Grill being closed to renovate.  

On 1/16/2024 at 10:09 AM, hoosier74 said:

Remains to be seen of course but it seems that the 3/24 above is now the date for maybe the Grill being closed to renovate.

Or… if they're running behind schedule, it's possible your Solis reservation for 3/31 is actually going to be at TK Grill before they close it! 😀

4 hours ago, alexandria said:

Solis on the Quest is scheduled to open Saturday night (January 20) according to a FB post by Seabourn.

That's pretty good: only two days after originally planned, after they were delayed in starting the makeover (due to not being able to dock in Ecuador).

Menu looks good, I will predict it is going to get harder to get reservations with a broader menu than TK had.  Hopefully they can figure out a way to be fair about allocating reservations and not give more reservations to the people who complain the loudest.  Some people are going to want to eat there almost every night (especially with a rotating specials menu) which I can hardly imagine was the case with TK.  Such people will try anything to make it so.

Edited by stan01
  • Like 1

Looks a great menu with plenty of tasty sounding choices.  Disembarked Encore two weeks ago and found TK Grill repetitive and boring with no new dishes from previous cruises.  Now this food sounds perfect to be eating outside in all that wasted space, great setting for great food.  I think Seabourn are on to a winner.

2 hours ago, stan01 said:

Menu looks good, I will predict it is going to get harder to get reservations with a broader menu than TK had.  Hopefully they can figure out a way to be fair about allocating reservations and not give more reservations to the people who complain the loudest.  Some people are going to want to eat there almost every night (especially with a rotating specials menu) which I can hardly imagine was the case with TK.  Such people will try anything to make it so.

I guess I could go and say "do you know who I am?" but I am a nobody and they might think I forgot my name and had dementia.  In any event I thought that they limited reservations to once a week. I reserved two nights on-line and then saw the menu and tried to get reservation for weeks 3 and 4. App said inquire on the ship.

• Haha 3

Looks great, I can't wait to try the many interesting dishes and concoctions.

But my offer to Seabourn is still open, I'll be glad to proof read their menus and other publications pro bono (of the spelling mistakes, "Snack River Farm" and "RIP EYE STEAK" are especially egregious).

Edited by skybluewaters
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Why, why, why did they carry over — and increase — the dishes for two people? My wife and I always like to share two different dishes, so we never order a single entree for two. So now two of the three meat dishes, and one of the two seafood dishes are dishes for two. I like the overall feel of the menu, but making three of the featured five meat and seafood selections dishes for two people is a disappointment and a miss for me. (No, we won't starve, and yes, we will find other things to order! 🤣

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Why, why, why did they carry over — and increase — the dishes for two people? My wife and I always like to share two different dishes, so we never order a single entree for two. So now two of the three meat dishes, and one of the two seafood dishes are dishes for two. I like the overall feel of the menu, but making three of the featured five meat and seafood selections dishes for two people is a disappointment and a miss for me. (No, we won't starve, and yes, we will find other things to order! 🤣

I agree with your comment.  I wonder...is it possible for just one passenger to order an entree that "serves two"?  While I hate to suggest wasting food, if a couple is dining and one wants the steak, chicken or sea bass and the other wants something different (or if one diner is a meat eater and the other a vegetarian/vegan), that is the only way for each to enjoy their preferred main. 

Perhaps if enough people do that, or at least make that request known, Seabourn will make a smaller portion size of those dishes available to order in lieu of the "serves two" option.  Otherwise, you are exactly right...the menu becomes limited to one fish option and one meat option.