TK Grill must be closed on Quest

kjbacon

The menu does look good but I’m also taken back by the number of dishes for two. When a diner can’t order steak or chicken, unless it’s for two, you’ve not designed your menu well.

On the other hand, I’ve noticed that more choices are being added to Earth and Ocean. That is our absolute favorite venue on board so that’s a real plus.

• Like 2

The wine list does give the impression that you are expected to order a paid for wine - I hope that this does not mean that the 'sommelier' will be a bit off hand if you do not do so?  Used to happen sometimes with TK.  But the food choices do look excellent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kjbacon said:

The menu does look good but I’m also taken back by the number of dishes for two. When a diner can’t order steak or chicken, unless it’s for two, you’ve not designed your menu well.

There is lamb, sirloin, rib eye, and shrimp under the "Grill" section but its definitely not descriptive (and not in English).

I agree the "for twos" are showpieces and a lot of people won't order them.  I think its unfortunate they have made this choice but time will tell.  My guess is people will order them for one anyways, there will be a lot of food waste, and they will in time disappear off the menu.  If ordered for one I don't think they will say "no, you can't have it".

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stan01 said:

If ordered for one I don't think they will say "no, you can't have it".

Exactly.  Everyone should order what they want--and if they cannot give you a portion for one person, there will be a lot of food waste.  Seems silly to me.  

In the MDR, I sometimes have ask for a cup of soup instead of a bowl.  I've been told they cannot give me a cup--can only give me a bowl. I keep asking.  

• Like 1

Of course if is something that can easily be reduced in size it should be no problem (e.g. one egg rather than two). However, half a whole bronzino or half a Florentine steak does not make sense

Order something else. There are plenty of other  choices.

• Like 1

Just read a review on the other media site, including pics, of their exoerience at Solis. It was a very positive report. I thought it was pretty encouraging. 

I totally agree that entrees for two does seem a bit heavy in offerings - for the reasons discussed here - but hopefully this new dining experience ends up being a great choice. I would love to see pics of the outdoor seating. That could be a real bonus! 

It is difficult to offer a whole chicken or a whole fish for one person! Hopefully, we will be able to go twice so that we can try more than one thing. The whole baked branzino sounds wonderful.

7 hours ago, kjbacon said:

It is difficult to offer a whole chicken or a whole fish for one person! Hopefully, we will be able to go twice so that we can try more than one thing. The whole baked branzino sounds wonderful.

The ordering a "serves two" dish for one isn't the difficult part...it is trying to finish a "serves two" dish as one that is the challenge!  😃

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, alexandria said:

The ordering a "serves two" dish for one isn't the difficult part...it is trying to finish a "serves two" dish as one that is the challenge!  😃

"Yes, since it's still being sourced from a 'snack' supplier, I'd like the 32-oz Porterhouse for one, medium rare please." The ghost of TK Grill would be proud.

• Haha 4