Daily internet prices to increase!

dweeb

3 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Payment won't go through although cc number is correct. 

We ran into this problem trying to purchase a second single single wifi package earlier today. Someone on a similar thread suggested deleting or unchecking my DW with the CC we have on file. I did that then she inputted a different credit card on her app. She was able to purchase her own single device wifi package right away. Now we have two single device packages, at $15 per day each, before they jack it up $10 per day. I guess we’ll delete her card now and I’ll check her name again on my end to cover both of us on my original CC. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Old or new app? I just purchased it for another cruise on the old app.

It shows up as a pending charge on my c/c and is shown under the Travel Summary’s Special Services.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Old or new app? I just purchased it for another cruise on the old app.

It shows up as a pending charge on my c/c and is shown under the Travel Summary’s Special Services.

Both.

I don't have the old app, but tried it on my partner's phone with same CC.

19 minutes ago, PapaGoose said:

We ran into this problem trying to purchase a second single single wifi package earlier today. Someone on a similar thread suggested deleting or unchecking my DW with the CC we have on file. I did that then she inputted a different credit card on her app. She was able to purchase her own single device wifi package right away. Now we have two single device packages, at $15 per day each, before they jack it up $10 per day. I guess we’ll delete her card now and I’ll check her name again on my end to cover both of us on my original CC. 

What is a DW? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

What is a DW? 

Dear wife.

If you can’t get it to work

With your CC, you could

call in.  Many have been successful calling in and buying

the internet.  Good luck.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

They probably are working on this, as it changes tmrw.

You tried deleting the CC

and reentering it?

I’d just call PCL at this point.  I had to use the Old App and the New App and was able to do

6 out of 7  with our Elite discount.

Apps changing back and forth

the last 2 weeks with loyalty status.  Just had to catch it when it was correct.  Crazy

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

They probably are working on this, as it changes tmrw.

You tried deleting the CC

and reentering it?

I’d just call PCL at this point.  I had to use the Old App and the New App and was able to do

6 out of 7  with our Elite discount.

Apps changing back and forth

the last 2 weeks with loyalty status.  Just had to catch it when it was correct.  Crazy

Now my CC says insufficient funds.  Not debit. 

55 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Were you charged full price?

Just checked, and yes, I was charged full price.  I am contacting them now.  I have never had this happen before.

• Like 2

I have just got off the phone with Princess as I wanted to purchase the internet for my October cruise before the price rises.   Especially since I am in Australia and a US $10 increase per day is around Aus $15 per day here.    My elite discount was not showing in the app and the consultant I spoke to said it is because I am showing in the app as a new cruiser.   She went on to say this would take a few days to rectify and I could purchase then with the discount.   I said it would be too late then as it would have gone up and I wanted to get it at the current rate.   To get around this she has listed it in purchases and reservations in my personaliser with the old price, and said payment is not due until final payment.   I have taken a screen shot and she also sent me an email confirming this so hopefully no issues down the track.   Now showing the higher price on the app so just got in in time.  

2 minutes ago, datone said:

I have just got off the phone with Princess as I wanted to purchase the internet for my October cruise before the price rises.   Especially since I am in Australia and a US $10 increase per day is around Aus $15 per day here.    My elite discount was not showing in the app and the consultant I spoke to said it is because I am showing in the app as a new cruiser.   She went on to say this would take a few days to rectify and I could purchase then with the discount.   I said it would be too late then as it would have gone up and I wanted to get it at the current rate.   To get around this she has listed it in purchases and reservations in my personaliser with the old price, and said payment is not due until final payment.   I have taken a screen shot and she also sent me an email confirming this so hopefully no issues down the track.   Now showing the higher price on the app so just got in in time.  

I hope that price is honoured. Here in North America we had to pay now.

Based on some comments here, and since I  didn’t see the option in the app or online; I called earlier, selected  option 2 “Make payments”.   Got through right away. Platinum discount also applied.  Now showing in my personalizer. 

Edited by milolii
  • Like 2

Problem is that people are SO ADDICTED to their Internet and Princess knows it full well, that no matter what the cost is there are people that will pay the ridiculous rates. Princess likes to make you think that they are giving you something with their packages.  I do not drink. I do not need to use internet and I pay my tips directly to the room steward.  I do not need any package.   Think back to a time without internet, what did we do then, well in those days, "we actually escaped completely" like the Princess slogan went.  We mailed postcards to reach out to our family, to say hello from afar and when we got home, we told them about all the wonderful places we saw and the great experiences we had.     Maybe if people cruise once per year, yes, perhaps one is willing to pay these ridiculous internet rates, but if you are like ourselves, where we take four to five cruises per year (with sailings of more than 14 days each), paying the crazy rates Princess is asking for internet is truly insane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, pink845 said:

Problem is that people are SO ADDICTED to their Internet and Princess knows it full well, that no matter what the cost is there are people that will pay the ridiculous rates. Princess likes to make you think that they are giving you something with their packages.  I do not drink. I do not need to use internet and I pay my tips directly to the room steward.  I do not need any package.   Think back to a time without internet, what did we do then, well in those days, "we actually escaped completely" like the Princess slogan went.  We mailed postcards to reach out to our family, to say hello from afar and when we got home, we told them about all the wonderful places we saw and the great experiences we had.     Maybe if people cruise once per year, yes, perhaps one is willing to pay these ridiculous internet rates, but if you are like ourselves, where we take four to five cruises per year (with sailings of more than 14 days each), paying the crazy rates Princess is asking for internet is truly insane.

No judgement here.

Have you priced out cruise line rates?

I really enjoy having the choice.

HAL & Norwegian cruiselines did not allow me to bring on the soda I prefer. Princess still does.

My elite status offers me a 50% wifi discount and A free mini bar set up.

I enjoy using my device & open to all that’s new- atleast I’m still able to enjoy travelling NY WAY.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes and on the new app…it’s on the first page..at the bottom..

image.thumb.jpeg.d5786ca50d918367fc15883b3ca93389.jpeg

image.png

They fixed it.  It wasn't there yesterday when I searched everywhere.  At the end I bought it from the old Medallion App. 

Now it shows the "upgrade" bubble (to the 4 devices).

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

You think Princess rate is high?  Holland America charges $29.99 a day and there is NO pay as you go feature.  Oh, there is also ZERO discount even if you are 5 star Mariner...

The thing is, many of us do NEED the internet to take care of things that we cannot completely leave behind on a long trip.  The Net these days is a TOOL that people use it to handle all sorts of things, including checking your home when you are away,  you handle your mundane or not so mundane financial matters while you are in the middle of the ocean... just to name a few matters that requiring internet access.  Besides, I dont think many are interested in listening to others on their trips after they come home...  may include those who tell your trip stories to, just sayin.  Hence your notion of Internet that is just for social media is very wrong and bordering to being ignorant, that is the charity to say it.

We once met a couple in their 40's who took a 36 days from Australia to Alaska, and they actually marveled about the internet worked on their cruise so they could keep their work schedule with little disruption...

In your mind, this couple should not take on a wonderful cruise because they could not live without Internet due to they had works to do? 

You may not realize your room steward has to give the tips you pay him directly to the "pool" so those behind the scene like works laboring in the hot and humid laundry so that you can enjoy your fresh linen and bedding and table cloth and napkin etc etc will also share a bit of the gratuity.  If you are those who are CHEAP that thinking to pay Less than the daily amount automatically charge to your shipboard account, then your room attendant would have to make up the shortfall so his support people would not be short changed by people who are Cheapskates (not meaning you but somehow those unwilling to have the daily gratuity charged to their shipboard account have a high tendency to short pay...  Otherwise, why just pay a bit extra directly to your room attendant / dining room wait staff, while keeping the daily gratuity intact?

You are correct about the Internet, not on tips. Tips given to crew members no longer have to be turned in. All auto tipping is pooled across the entire fleet. Crew are now on a fixed amount 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, pink845 said:

Since Covid being able to work remotely has increased, they know this too. I fall into that category,  still need to work since I travel throughout the year and work from each location. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

I had this happen to me over the weekend when I was trying to add internet for two upcoming cruises. I don't know if you got the same thing I got. What I got was was simply nothing. I would click the button to purchase, the screen would process for a bit, then I was exactly where I was before clicking the button. All the info stayed put, so I just poinked the button until it worked. I was able to successfully add internet to both cruises, even though it did take some patience.

• Like 1

We consider ourselves lucky because we don't need the internet, we enjoy getting away from it on a cruise. As Elite, we used to get some time free, but Princess took that away, which makes us even less inclined to pay for it. Also we have enjoyed going to local libraries and stores that offer free internet.

Cruising used to be so simple  -- it was about the cruise and destinations -- not about all the "options", which many people, including Princess employees, have trouble following.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1