Live: Experienced cruisers try Celebrity 14 day cruise to Antartica on the Eclipse

jimbo5544

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Because of the two cruises (my guess)  there was zero place to sit.   Stayed in queue from 11:50 till we got  called around 1:20.  Here are some pics.  

IMG_8406.jpeg

IMG_8407.jpeg

IMG_8408.jpeg

Holy Yikes!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Because of the two cruises (my guess)  there was zero place to sit.   Stayed in queue from 11:50 till we got  called around 1:20.

Was this where you dropped off the luggage or the actual damaged port terminal.  

Hoping you are currently relaxing with a beverage🐧🐧🐧

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Because of the two cruises (my guess)  there was zero place to sit.   Stayed in queue from 11:50 till we got  called around 1:20.  Here are some pics.  

IMG_8408.jpeg

Different port from last year, but the song remains the same.

PXL_20230211_155329337_DxO.jpg

3 hours ago, 0106 said:

Was this where you dropped off the luggage or the actual damaged port terminal.  

Hoping you are currently relaxing with a beverage🐧🐧🐧

Where we dropped off the luggage. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Different port from last year, but the song remains the same.

PXL_20230211_155329337_DxO.jpg

It was not a good start.  Let me first say that the staff on hand was doing everything on there power to get everyone thru to next stage.  

• Like 3

Once we got thru this we got into bus to take us to embark and check in port.  Maybe 5 miles, worst part was  it was not far from hotel.  Even worse, some people were coming in off street with bags.  Wish we had known this.  Another line and up the stairs for check in and then across and down more stairs for the bus to ship.  And of drama

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

Oh no!    Standing in line in a hot crowded place for hours  😳.   I m a wimp.  I ll enjoy this cruise thru you LOL

One good thing.   Room not hot

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

IMG_8406.jpeg

IMG_8407.jpeg

IMG_8408.jpeg

Any priority for Suites and Zenith ???

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Once we got thru this we got into bus to take us to embark and check in port.  Maybe 5 miles, worst part was  it was not far from hotel.  Even worse, some people were coming in off street with bags.  Wish we had known this.  Another line and up the stairs for check in and then across and down more stairs for the bus to ship.  And of drama

Regarding "of the street",  do you think it is possible we can skip building #1 and just arrive with our suitcases at the #2  check in ? Any tips for those of us coming in three future would be helpful. Thanks! 

• Like 1

If Celia Garland is the naturalist on your cruise, don't miss any of her presentations. Very entertaining and informative. Likely standing room only. Even if she isn't on the ship, go to all of the presentations. I think they were usually 10am on sea days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

Any priority for Suites and Zenith ???

I heard that there was and that some got emails the night before to come early.   Third hand knowledge.

7 hours ago, perrysburg said:

Regarding "of the street",  do you think it is possible we can skip building #1 and just arrive with our suitcases at the #2  check in ? Any tips for those of us coming in three future would be helpful. Thanks! 

From thr looks of those entering I would say it could be done.  Realyy not clear to me.  I am not familiar with the port.  The area we saw that was under construction is NOT going to be finishded any time soon (my guess).  Having two ships absulteyl made the process more difficult.  That said, there are a ton of logisitical things even with one ship.  It would be interesting to understand how they did it before the storm.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

If Celia Garland is the naturalist on your cruise, don't miss any of her presentations. Very entertaining and informative. Likely standing room only. Even if she isn't on the ship, go to all of the presentations. I think they were usually 10am on sea days.

There is one today at 9:30 I think.  Thanks for the heads up.

3 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

Very interesting itinerary. Great pics of the cool architecture. Looking forward to following along.

Thanks for following along on the journey.  I found the mix of old and new (relatively speaking) of the architechture of the city to be facinating.  We def miss stepped by not coming down earlier (going to the falls as well, which at least would add another couple days. 

Interesting cruising away from the port in BA.  Reminds me of the Chesapeake Bay leaving Baltimore.  Extremely long.  Sometime around 11 last night passed a ship fairly close going opposite direction, again reminding me of marine traffic near the bay bridge tunnel.  

• Like 1