Live: Experienced cruisers try Celebrity 14 day cruise to Antartica on the Eclipse

jimbo5544

4 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

I haven't been on Eclipse, but it looks like the Passport Bar to me, just off the Grand Foyer on Deck 3. The furniture is different than I've seen on other S-class ships, but it's been a while since I've been on one.

Bingo

34 minutes ago, redhead9 said:

Did you find the need for cash (US$ or pesos) in Buenos Aires or could you use credit card mist places?

We expect to use Uber and the subway, primarily.

We had zero problems with payments.  We mostly used credit cards but found dead presidents worked just as well (cabs and purchases).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, theopup said:

Following along as well, love your sunset photos

Thanks for coming along for the ride.  Did not catch one tonight, but you can bet there will be more.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

IMG_8485.jpeg

IMG_8486.jpeg

is that the Steak salad?  looks great!

if the BLU cocktails are $15, does Classic cover up to a certain amt..then upcharge plus grat?  Never ordered one  before but thinking I might for my b day

31 minutes ago, hcat said:

is that the Steak salad?  looks great!

if the BLU cocktails are $15, does Classic cover up to a certain amt..then upcharge plus grat?  Never ordered one  before but thinking I might for my b day

It is.  Everything is very good.   Pricing for everything is a charge (above the classic level).  Some a dollar or two, a Malbec wine (which was very goos) was $8.  Sure it can go up from there.  

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Fascinating lectures.  if any of you take this journey I highly recommend them. 

Following along and appreciate the pics and thoughts. We are on her Aug/Sept for NE/Canada RT so how have you found the overall condition of the ship and cabin? Any pros or cons at this point? 

• Like 1

having been on E Class  for last few yrs, the ship looks very cozy and inviting..and not dated or shabby!

the pictures are great!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Following along and appreciate the pics and thoughts. We are on her Aug/Sept for NE/Canada RT so how have you found the overall condition of the ship and cabin? Any pros or cons at this point? 

Ship and cabin are fine so far.  Only a couple things wher I could make a comment on, buyt it wou;ld be a nit.

30 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

Beautiful sunset photos!

Thanks.  I have a ton, and try not to miss good ones…. Cruise sunsets can be spectacular, esp with cloud contrast and shading.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hcat said:

having been on E Class  for last few yrs, the ship looks very cozy and inviting..and not dated or shabby!

the pictures are great!

Thanks for the kind words and for following along