Live: Experienced cruisers try Celebrity 14 day cruise to Antartica on the Eclipse

jimbo5544

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from jimbo5544! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: . . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

jimbo5544 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

So I have been around here a long time, over 60 cruises and over 65 cruises and over 50 on Carnival.  Time for something new and this fit the bill perfectly.  Please join my bride and me for the voyage. 

• Like 4

This started over 2 years ago.  We almost always lead or travel in groups.  This is a little different. Only my wife’s cousin joining us.  She came from Ct and we from Florida planning to meetup in the airport in BA.  That worked.  

Buenos Aries is a huge city.  Would recommend another extra day.  We only got a glimpse, but exhausted.  So here are some pics from our walk around.  Views from our room.  

IMG_8366.jpeg

IMG_8367.jpeg

IMG_8368.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I did this trip last year, but on Infinity. Also stayed at the Sheraton. Got a great steak in the restaurant there. If you have time, the overnight Iguazu Falls excursion after the cruise was worth the outrageous price.

Not sure what is going on with their currency these days, but last year received rebates on everything charged to credit cards.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I did this trip last year, but on Infinity. Also stayed at the Sheraton. Got a great steak in the restaurant there. If you have time, the overnight Iguazu Falls excursion after the cruise was worth the outrageous price.

Not sure what is going on with their currency these days, but last year received rebates on everything charged to credit cards.

Thanks for the info.  

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

I will add cell phones and other electronics are a hot commodity to steal in BA. Watch yours like a hawk.

You are the second person to mention this i the lastmcouple of hours.  Thanks for the sage advice.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, redhead9 said:

We are on this trip in two weeks, so following along with great interest!

Thanks for follwoing along.  Feel free to ask questions a long the way.

I am anxious to hear about your embarkation.  I heard there was damage to the cruise terminal and that passengers now drop off luggage at another location and are bussed to the terminal.  Specifically, if you only have carry on luggage can you go directly to the cruise port?  I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Thanks for taking us along.

Edited by 0106