Drink packages

MomC

Call me stupid, but I can’t find the numerous prior threads about drink packages.  I apologize.  I am cruising this next summer and wonder what the Simply More drink package includes.  Is there a list someone could send me?  If not, I know beer and wine are included and see that a limited number of mixed drinks as well.  So it is those that I wonder about.

Thank you for indulging me.

Mom C

14 minutes ago, MomC said:

Call me stupid, but I can’t find the numerous prior threads about drink packages.  I apologize.  I am cruising this next summer and wonder what the Simply More drink package includes.  Is there a list someone could send me?  If not, I know beer and wine are included and see that a limited number of mixed drinks as well.  So it is those that I wonder about.

Thank you for indulging me.

Mom C

Simply more included beverage package includes beer, wine and champagne by the glass in dining venues during meal hours.  There are no mixed drinks included in the package.  You need to pay $30.00 per person per day to upgrade to the prestige package that includes mixed drinks and is available from any bar during open hours.  There are a few times when mixed drinks are provided free of charge - Captains Welcome Party and Repeaters/First timers party.  There also are happy hours in Martinis and Horizons each evening where drinks are 2 for 1 ...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, basor said:

Simply more included beverage package includes beer, wine and champagne by the glass in dining venues during meal hours.  There are no mixed drinks included in the package.  You need to pay $30.00 per person per day to upgrade to the prestige package that includes mixed drinks and is available from any bar during open hours.  There are a few times when mixed drinks are provided free of charge - Captains Welcome Party and Repeaters/First timers party.  There also are happy hours in Martinis and Horizons each evening where drinks are 2 for 1 ...

Geez, If all I want are Rum Coke, gin tonic or the odd rum punch I have to upgrade to the Mixed drink Prestige?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dandee2 said:

Geez, If all I want are Rum Coke, gin tonic or the odd rum punch I have to upgrade to the Mixed drink Prestige?

No just purchase them by the drink....the question was which mixed drinks are included in the simply more beverage package...

Edited by basor
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dandee2 said:

No you can just pay as you go for those if you wish

Just now, daydreamer62 said:

No you can just pay as you go for those if you wish

And that is what we will do. If I understand, guest who paid the Simply More package gets wine, beer and champagne at dining venue. What about sea days when you are on a lounger for most of the day. They have to pay their drink?? 

5 minutes ago, dandee2 said:

And that is what we will do. If I understand, guest who paid the Simply More package gets wine, beer and champagne at dining venue. What about sea days when you are on a lounger for most of the day. They have to pay their drink?? 

On sea days, you may enjoy your wine, beer, etc. when you leave your lounger and go to one of the dining venues to enjoy your lunch.  If you prefer to be served at your lounger than you pay for any alcoholic drink you order but all non-alcoholic drinks are free and readily provided 

Edited by basor
  • Like 2

Thanks so much for the info.  Sounds like I will be paying by the drink or hitting happy hour.  I’m not a big drinker but I do like a pre-dinner cocktail.

6 hours ago, MomC said:

Thanks so much for the info.  Sounds like I will be paying by the drink or hitting happy hour.  I’m not a big drinker but I do like a pre-dinner cocktail.

Expect to pay $12. +20% gratuity  for a Mai Tai or similar drink.

21 hours ago, MomC said:

You can also carry on your alcohol and have drinks in your cabin. But in the cabin only.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 8:47 PM, basor said:

How does this work?  I have the Simply More with my booking.  Confirmation from my travel agent says Simply More House Beverage Package.  When I go into my reservation to purchase the Prestige Package, the cost is $69.00pp pd.  How do I get the $30 pp pd rate?

Just now, Iamthesea said:

How does this work?  I have the Simply More with my booking.  Confirmation from my travel agent says Simply More House Beverage Package.  When I go into my reservation to purchase the Prestige Package, the cost is $69.00pp pd.  How do I get the $30 pp pd rate?

At this time, you must wait to upgrade until onboard.  It  is quick and easy - you go to Guest Services and they will charge your onboard account and give you a new card with the Prestige package noted.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

I called Oceania and they upgraded me to the $30 a day prestige package.  

• Thanks 2

Both sound like good solutions.  Is there a price difference if one waits to book onboard? 

Or what if the package is not purchased until the 2nd day of the cruise.  Still the same price, or is it a prorated amount?  I will be on a 7 night cruise.

10 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

....Or what if the package is not purchased until the 2nd day of the cruise.  Still the same price, or is it a prorated amount?...

It can be purchased any time, and will be charged for that day plus remaining days of the cruise.

My DW has upgraded on the drink package although I really doubt she will consume enough to get the value out of it especially if we utilize the ability to bring some wine on board for consumption in our cabin.  I don't drink alcohol so the SMore package doesn't really benefit me. 

My questions for a recent O cruiser are:

1) is Non-Alcoholic beer (ie: Heineken 0.0%) considered as a charged "drink" or is it available at no charge at meals or even any time 

2) Am I correct in my belief that soft drinks/bottled water is available free at any time from a bar/restaurant

3) Is the water/soft drinks (and non-alcoholic beer) in the cabin fridge part of the no charge beverages?

Appreciate any current info we can get.

Good questions!

I know that the non-alcoholic drinks in the fridge are free, but not sure about a non-alcoholic beer (which actually doe have a touch of alcohol.)  And they are also free at anytime on the ship.  That includes non-alcoholic coffees.

hamrag - So from what you are saying, if the package is not purchased until Day 2 of the cruise, the cost will be less than $30 pp pd?  And is the $30 price to upgrade for the entire cruise inclusive of package tax?  Also, I did not get an answer on if the package is less if purchased prior to the cruise?

Edited by Iamthesea

13 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Good questions!

I know that the non-alcoholic drinks in the fridge are free, but not sure about a non-alcoholic beer (which actually doe have a touch of alcohol.)  And they are also free at anytime on the ship.  That includes non-alcoholic coffees.

hamrag - So from what you are saying, if the package is not purchased until Day 2 of the cruise, the cost will be less than $30 pp pd?  And is the $30 price to upgrade for the entire cruise inclusive of package tax?  Also, I did not get an answer on if the package is less if purchased prior to the cruise?

The price is the same whether you upgrade before or onboard

The $30.00 per person per day is for each day you have chosen to upgrade your package so if you upgrade on day 2 of a 7 day cruise than you would pay $30.00 per day for 6 days

The $30.00 per person per day includes the gratuity so you will not pay anything additional once you have purchased the package.

6 hours ago, thebsinmiss said:

My DW has upgraded on the drink package although I really doubt she will consume enough to get the value out of it especially if we utilize the ability to bring some wine on board for consumption in our cabin.  I don't drink alcohol so the SMore package doesn't really benefit me. 

1) is Non-Alcoholic beer (ie: Heineken 0.0%) considered as a charged "drink" or is it available at no charge at meals or even any time 

2) Am I correct in my belief that soft drinks/bottled water is available free at any time from a bar/restaurant

3) Is the water/soft drinks (and non-alcoholic beer) in the cabin fridge part of the no charge beverages?

Beverages that would usually have alcohol, but by current magic do not contain significant alcohol (~0% Beer/wine, Lyre spirits), are indeed included in the drink packages. No drink package? There is an additional cost.

Beverages that are no cost for anyone on O...water, soda pop (or soda or pop), juice, virgin cocktail, coffee/espresso drinks, tea...did I forget anything?

• Like 2

On 1/23/2024 at 7:40 PM, thebsinmiss said:

I asked about alcohol free drinks being in the Simply More package and was given this answer.

Soft drinks in the cabin are also inclded AFAIK, don't know about AF beer. 

Good Morning,

Non-alcoholic wines and beers are included in the House Beverage Package.

Other inclusions are water, soft drinks, speciality tea and coffee.

Edited by elmsliebev