B2B Silhouette - Off Ship early on Bump Day?

peachquilter

We will be on a B2B cruise in a few months and we would like to disembark (7:00 – 7:30) early on the day between the 2 cruises so that we can go on a private tour in Amsterdam. Is that possible on a Celebrity cruise? Will I need to do something special in order to get off the ship early? We will be staying in the same room for the second cruise.  Marilyn

Am I missing something?  Why can't you just leave with the folks doing self-disembarkation?  You will receive a transit pass and may have to pick up your new sea pass card (you will receive a new card even if you are staying in the same stateroom) from the pier coordinator.

Edited by Northern Aurora
added additional information
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Am I missing something?  Why can't you just leave with the folks doing self-disembarkation?  You will receive a transit pass and may have to pick up your new sea pass card (you will receive a new card even if you are staying in the same stateroom) from the pier coordinator.

usually yes and can't return until embarkation starts

8 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Hello,

Yes, but the change of cards + Transit pass are usually dispensed circa 0800. I suggest you try to make contact with whoever is dealing with the B2Bers beforehand to see what is possible. From experience, as a viewer, you will not be popular if you do ashore with the departees without having 'changed-over'.

Regards,

Cublet

The OP is doing this in Amsterdam/Europe.  It is treated just like any other port call day.  They might even give her a card that is good for both legs.  She can leave as soon as the ship is cleared and return any time.  EM

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Yes, but the change of cards + Transit pass are usually dispensed circa 0800. I suggest you try to make contact with whoever is dealing with the B2Bers beforehand to see what is possible. From experience, as a viewer, you will not be popular if you do ashore with the departees without having 'changed-over'.

Regards,

Cublet

We are preparing to leave on a B2B in a few weeks and were looking at our cruise history earlier today.  Once we hit 3000 loyalty points we had stopped looking at our cruise history and accumulated loyalty points, but now that we will hit double Zenith shortly we are starting to  pay attention again.

According that history we have done 31 turnaround days.  We have done them in Asia, South Pacific, South America, North America, and Europe.  Our transit passes have always been distributed in the succinct instruction letter outlining the turnaround day process both for those wanting to depart the ship for the day, and those who want to stay either onboard or re-board very quickly. That letter and the transit passes have been either distributed at a B2B meeting or delivered to the stateroom mail slot prior to the turnaround day.  When B2B passengers depart the ship on the turnaround day a special beep (when you scan the sea pass card) alerts the security personnel that you are on a B2B and that sea pass card is collected.  The instruction letter informs you where you pick up the new sea pass card to re-board the ship.  Even if folks are in the same stateroom for all legs there will be a new sea pass card.

• Like 2

On 1/22/2024 at 12:25 AM, Northern Aurora said:

We are preparing to leave on a B2B in a few weeks and were looking at our cruise history earlier today.  Once we hit 3000 loyalty points we had stopped looking at our cruise history and accumulated loyalty points, but now that we will hit double Zenith shortly we are starting to  pay attention again.

According that history we have done 31 turnaround days.  We have done them in Asia, South Pacific, South America, North America, and Europe.  Our transit passes have always been distributed in the succinct instruction letter outlining the turnaround day process both for those wanting to depart the ship for the day, and those who want to stay either onboard or re-board very quickly. That letter and the transit passes have been either distributed at a B2B meeting or delivered to the stateroom mail slot prior to the turnaround day.  When B2B passengers depart the ship on the turnaround day a special beep (when you scan the sea pass card) alerts the security personnel that you are on a B2B and that sea pass card is collected.  The instruction letter informs you where you pick up the new sea pass card to re-board the ship.  Even if folks are in the same stateroom for all legs there will be a new sea pass card.

From what you are saying, it sounds like I am safe to pay for a nonrefundable quick trip to the tulip gardens on turnaround day.  Thank you for that info and thank you to everyone for your input.  Marilyn

1 hour ago, peachquilter said:

From what you are saying, it sounds like I am safe to pay for a nonrefundable quick trip to the tulip gardens on turnaround day.  Thank you for that info and thank you to everyone for your input.  Marilyn

Only you know if you are in the same room.  You would have to look at your reservations.

7 hours ago, peachquilter said:

Keukenhof is quite a drive from Amsterdam.  I don’t think I would chance it

19 hours ago, peachquilter said:

We visited Keukenhof Gardens on a turn-around day in April, 2015 with no problem at all.

Enjoy the gardens, they are beautiful in the Spring!

On Apex we had our B2B meeting the day before disembarkation - we were given new cards and a Transit Pass.  We left early to enjoy Amsterdam and returned later, walk by embarking passengers and reboard the ship.  Even found a lovely street market to get a bunch of locally grown flowers and have a coffee before returning to the ship.  

Not a problem at all.      You will have a transit pass and can leave as soon as they call for walk offs or any time.   I believe if you leave, you will not be allowed to re-board until general boarding commences around 11.    The pier is a very short walk to Central Station.   

On 1/26/2024 at 9:23 AM, MikeMary4449 said:

We visited Keukenhof Gardens on a turn-around day in April, 2015 with no problem at all.

Enjoy the gardens, they are beautiful in the Spring!

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not a problem at all.      You will have a transit pass and can leave as soon as they call for walk offs or any time.   I believe if you leave, you will not be allowed to re-board until general boarding commences around 11.    The pier is a very short walk to Central Station.   

11 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

On Apex we had our B2B meeting the day before disembarkation - we were given new cards and a Transit Pass.  We left early to enjoy Amsterdam and returned later, walk by embarking passengers and reboard the ship.  Even found a lovely street market to get a bunch of locally grown flowers and have a coffee before returning to the ship.  

Thx for your input.  He has been a while since we've done a B2B and I wanted to feel comfortable about going to the Gardens.