Elite cocktail lounge changes ?

We are currently on Equinox 9 nighter. Our first cocktail lounge event was last night and there are two more scheduled plus the Captains cocktail party. We were looking forward to having the lounge again but it really isn’t worth bothering with now. They roped off an area of sky lounge . There was no one on the door, in fact we haven’t seen anything of the captains club host at all. The waiters take your card each time . There are no canapés at all. We arrived at 5.30 and left an hour later . Most people had gone by then although not that many there in the first place. No atmosphere at all, not even background music. We had our usual gin and vodka tonics but looking at the card on the table they are no longer on the list of drinks ! Happily we haven’t been charged for them nor at other bars, so we’ve no idea what they’re up to. Are they just trying to restrict the menu so much that nobody comes and they can cancel them again ? IMG_0272.thumb.jpeg.8e9c1b2723cfd3bcaf315906521f6127.jpeg

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, lovescarborough said:

We were looking forward to having the lounge again

Bummer! We were also. Thanks for the heads up. 

Edited by doghog

We (Elite +) were just on the Ascent and went mostly to Sunset Bar for HH.  All of the drinks we ordered during HH were "free."  We did not order top-shelf liquor, but drinks such as Gin/Tonic, Pina Colada, Mojito, Dirty Martini...were all no charge.

From what I read some passengers wanted the private lounge so they could meet and mingle with other elite and above that share the same cruise passion. 🙄   Apparently not many are interested in doing that.    Sometimes don’t ask or wish  for something as you may get it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 7:55 AM, lovescarborough said:

We are currently on Equinox 9 nighter. Our first cocktail lounge event was last night and there are two more scheduled plus the Captains cocktail party. We were looking forward to having the lounge again but it really isn’t worth bothering with now. They roped off an area of sky lounge . There was no one on the door, in fact we haven’t seen anything of the captains club host at all. The waiters take your card each time . There are no canapés at all. We arrived at 5.30 and left an hour later . Most people had gone by then although not that many there in the first place. No atmosphere at all, not even background music. We had our usual gin and vodka tonics but looking at the card on the table they are no longer on the list of drinks ! Happily we haven’t been charged for them nor at other bars, so we’ve no idea what they’re up to. Are they just trying to restrict the menu so much that nobody comes and they can cancel them again ? IMG_0272.thumb.jpeg.8e9c1b2723cfd3bcaf315906521f6127.jpeg

Hi,

Love your post. I'm GLAD you actually posted the drink menu.

When I mention how PATHETIC the Elite happy hour is

many don't believe me. We have been cruising for 35 or

so years and early on "Tested" various cruise lines. We liked

Princess and Celebrity best (for price and bang for your buck)

and decided to become Elite on Celebrity. We liked the "free"

drinks during the Elite party BUT the food was terrible. Usually

2 waiters served stale crackers with stale cheese on a small

dish. By time they reached us the plate was empty. Sometimes they would have a piece of stale meat on the cracker or a tiny

dessert. However, we attended to meet others, chat and get our

drinks. At that time, free drinks were ONLY available during

the Elite happy hour. About 15-20 years ago we decided to

try Royal Carnival using our transferable status "Diamond".

WOW!! WOW!! Drinks: almost anything you want. Tables

and tables FULL off hot and cold food. Bacon covered scalllops

were our FAV. Chicken, meat on a stick, shrimp (cold, hot breaded)

chocolate strawberries and on and on. WOW!  We now mostly

sail on Royal. The food and drinks still continue on till the day.

Sometimes we ate so much that we missed diner.

Bill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

Love your post. I'm GLAD you actually posted the drink menu.

When I mention how PATHETIC the Elite happy hour is

many don't believe me. We have been cruising for 35 or

so years and early on "Tested" various cruise lines. We liked

Princess and Celebrity best (for price and bang for your buck)

and decided to become Elite on Celebrity. We liked the "free"

drinks during the Elite party BUT the food was terrible. Usually

2 waiters served stale crackers with stale cheese on a small

dish. By time they reached us the plate was empty. Sometimes they would have a piece of stale meat on the cracker or a tiny

dessert. However, we attended to meet others, chat and get our

drinks. At that time, free drinks were ONLY available during

the Elite happy hour. About 15-20 years ago we decided to

try Royal Carnival using our transferable status "Diamond".

WOW!! WOW!! Drinks: almost anything you want. Tables

and tables FULL off hot and cold food. Bacon covered scalllops

were our FAV. Chicken, meat on a stick, shrimp (cold, hot breaded)

chocolate strawberries and on and on. WOW!  We now mostly

sail on Royal. The food and drinks still continue on till the day.

Sometimes we ate so much that we missed diner.

Bill

Never seen good food in the Diamond lounge 

the best happy hours was when they had free sushi in OVC , and coupons for drinks in the Sunset Bar 🍻🥂🍷🌅

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

the best happy hours was when they had free sushi in OVC , and coupons for drinks in the Sunset Bar 🍻🥂🍷🌅

i have to disagree.  I had to control myself to keep from making a complete meal out of the chicken wings.  I also liked the bacon wrapped scallops, spring rolls, etc., in the Diamond Lounge. 

However, with that said most of the hors d'oeuvres they use to serve in the old Elite Happy Hour were damn good.  

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

the best happy hours was when they had free sushi in OVC , and coupons for drinks in the Sunset Bar 

Yes! We used to go to the back of the Oceanview Cafe around 4-5 and have a few pieces of sushi. It was a great lil snack before dinner at 8-8:30pm. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 7:55 AM, lovescarborough said:

We're on the same cruise and also ran into conflicting Information from the staff. The bar manager produced this Elite menu. He had no coherent explanation as to the difference in the offerings. I miss.the old days!

17061274466898273644899802733614.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Interesting.  If you're CC status is below Elite and you order a drink, will you get kicked out or charged for the drink?

If you are not Elite or higher or do not have a drink package, you will be charged for the drink.  

In days of old, they checked your Sea Pass card upon entering but that was when they used the entire Sky Lounge. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Krazo said:

We're on the same cruise and also ran into conflicting Information from the staff. The bar manager produced this Elite menu. He had no coherent explanation as to the difference in the offerings. I miss.the old days!

We have been on 5 Celebrity cruises in 23/24. This was the HH menu on all of them.

On 1/23/2024 at 5:12 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I think there is some confusion here.  The poster saying the food was great in the Diamond Lounge is talking about Royal Caribbean.  There is no “Diamond Lounge” on Celebrity.  

6 hours ago, Krazo said:

If you read the title of the OTHER drink card posted it reads 'Elite Cocktail Lounge' which is the name of the newly created twice-a-cruise event. This is DIFFERENT from the Elite Cocktail Hour Menu pictured above which is STILL the name of the two hour event. My sense is for this new subset of the Elite Happy Hour they created a DIFFERENT and more limited drink menu. The above drink menu is still available in all the other bars, just not the new sectioned off lounge. Does it make sense, no but lots of things that Celebrity implements doesn't make sense either.  

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I think there is some confusion here.  The poster saying the food was great in the Diamond Lounge is talking about Royal Caribbean.  There is no “Diamond Lounge” on Celebrity.  

Yes , I understood  that , I never thought the food was that good in the Diamond Lounge on RCL 

11 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

That’s strange that Diamond Lounge(s) could vary that much!!  

Really didn’t care the any of the RCL ships we have been on , they were old ships that were really showing their age , M class ships look new compared to RCL we were on, 

we do not want to go on their larger ships 

14 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Really didn’t care the any of the RCL ships we have been on , they were old ships that were really showing their age , M class ships look new compared to RCL we were on, 

we do not want to go on their larger ships 

What RCL ships where  you on that were old?

Why don't you like the new ships?

We all have choices. 

2 minutes ago, Oxo said:

What RCL ships where  you on that were old?

Why don't you like the new ships?

We all have choices. 

Rhapsody and voyager
The new ships are to larger , I don’t need slides, go carts , etc 

S class is the largest ship we like to cruise on 

21 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Rhapsody and voyager
The new ships are to larger , I don’t need slides, go carts , etc 

S class is the largest ship we like to cruise on 

Thanks. WE like the bigger ships even though we don't use the slides, go carts, etc. We like the Ice shows, Aqua shows and the perks on RCI better. Prices are better too in the Specialty Restaurants and Cabins. 

Everyone has their own likes.

2 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Thanks. WE like the bigger ships even though we don't use the slides, go carts, etc. We like the Ice shows, Aqua shows and the perks on RCI better. Prices are better too in the Specialty Restaurants and Cabins. 

Everyone has their own likes.

I usually find much better pricing on Celebrity, and like their perks better 

Enjoy your adventure on RCL 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I usually find much better pricing on Celebrity, and like their perks better 

Enjoy your adventure on RCL 

We cruise both and in fact we are on the Symphony OTS in Feb and Beyond in July.

Diamond+ and Elite+. We like the RCI Crown Lounge which is open all day, the 5 drinks per day at any bar, MDR and Specialty Restaurants. 

Celebrity has really changed the HH and more.

We like the Central Park Balcony and it is very reasonable compare to X.

Well at least we all have choices which is great. 

Happy Cruising!