Did I get played for a fool??

reeinaz

I know how you feel. I bought 4 of those souvenir cups they walk around the pool for my wife that was over $100 after I looked at the bill. Only consolation was I used OBC to pay for it..

If an item is given to you free how can the size of the item be irrelevant? IT'S FREE! You go to your local pub and the bartender gives you a free beer in a 12 oz glass instead of a pint do you complain that you're being ripped off, I mean come on, really? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pyrate13 said:

If an item is given to you free how can the size of the item be irrelevant? IT'S FREE! You go to your local pub and the bartender gives you a free beer in a 12 oz glass instead of a pint do you complain that you're being ripped off, I mean come on, really? 

It is a good head's up for those who do pay for it since it isn't an obvious thing but your point is valid for something that is free.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pyrate13 said:

The way it was paid for is irrelevant. It's still a 7.5oz can of soda being sold at the same price as a 12oz can.

You are acting like they just give those small cans away to anyone who asks for them. They're only free if you have a coupon for it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The way it was paid for is irrelevant. It's still a 7.5oz can of soda being sold at the same price as a 12oz can.

You are acting like they just give those small cans away to anyone who asks for them. They're only free if you have a coupon for it.

But the OP didn't pay for it. Granted the OP didn't know that it would be a smaller can it was still free to them. Why complain about something that is given to you free? If the OP was worried about the value of the drink they would receive then they should have ordered the most expensive drink on the menu. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mz-s said:

It wasn't "sold" to the op, they got it for free, therefore the size makes no difference. If they were buying it that would be a different story.

Just now, Pyrate13 said:

It wasn't "sold" to the op, they got it for free, therefore the size makes no difference. They are upset over a free can of soda. If they were paying for it that would be a different story.

13 hours ago, scpirate said:

I know how you feel. I bought 4 of those souvenir cups they walk around the pool for my wife that was over $100 after I looked at the bill. Only consolation was I used OBC to pay for it..

There was no price on the receipt you signed? 

22 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

I bet if my soda of choice had been a Coke, I would be getting a bit more understanding.

Maybe, maybe not. I do understand the surprise of getting a 7.5oz soda, many people would be if they were expecting a 12oz, and from a PSA stand point your post is well taken. But other than that for most people it's not a huge deal, especially since it was free. 

• Like 1