Refit schedule

Does anyone know what the schedule is for refit on some of the older ships? We are thinking of going on Liberty but wondering if it is run down looking. 

8 minutes ago, Nbud said:

Does anyone know what the schedule is for refit on some of the older ships? We are thinking of going on Liberty but wondering if it is run down looking. 

I think in 2025 but Liberty is fine.  We go on her a lot and never feel like it is a tug boat or something.  Shows are great, staff are amazing, husband thinks food is fine.  It does not have all the bells/whistles that some of the other ships have, but we don't need all that stuff.  Going on her again in the fall.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nbud said:

Thanks! We were on Liberty about 10 years ago and we do love the size of this ship. I think we will go for it! 

It’s been updated since then. It had its last dry dock before the amps started, so it’s not technically amped but has some amp additions—in particular, 3 water slides and Splashaway Bay. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We were just on Liberty this past October (Canada NE) and she was in great shape.

Agree. We sailed on her in May (Bermuda) and in September (NE/Canada) and LOVED it!

We thought entertainment was one of the best too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nbud said:

We are thinking of going on Liberty but wondering if it is run down looking. 

If the condition of the ship is a criteria for you, don't sail on anything older than Symphony.

• Like 1

Allure is scheduled for her amplification feb-april 2025. She is coming across to europe early feb then nothing scheduled until april. 

We spoke to a rep at a cruise event in Lincoln last sunday and she confirmed Allure is being amped early 2025 before her european summer season. 👍

14 hours ago, Tatka said:

Agree. We sailed on her in May (Bermuda) and in September (NE/Canada) and LOVED it!

We thought entertainment was one of the best too.

What Broadway show is on the Liberty?  What other entertainment?  Going on her in June.

6 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

We were just on her in September/October and she was great.  Only thing missing is the coke free style machines.

She is also missing Playmaker’s, which is important in my book. I realize others may not care about this issue. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Allure is scheduled for her amplification feb-april 2025. She is coming across to europe early feb then nothing scheduled until april. 

We spoke to a rep at a cruise event in Lincoln last sunday and she confirmed Allure is being amped early 2025 before her european summer season. 👍

Im taking advantage of the early Allure in Feb 25...not sure how bumpy the crossing will be that time of year though!

9 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

We were just on her in September/October and she was great.  Only thing missing is the coke free style machines.

It baffles me that some ships, especially older ships like Enchantment have the Coke Freestyle Machines and others, like Brilliance or Serenade,dont.  I drink Caffine Free and it is difficult to near impossible to have Caffine Free Diet Coke onboard some ships and no, I don't like the taste of Zero product

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

If the condition of the ship is a criteria for you, don't sail on anything older than Symphony.

Agreed. Even after dry dock ships still have tired areas. 

2 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

What Broadway show is on the Liberty?  What other entertainment?  Going on her in June.

Broadway style show: Saturday Night Fever

Circus De Soleil type of show: In the Air

Ice show: Encore.

All are great!

3 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Did they happen to mention if Allure was still getting Ultimate Abyss? the hardware to install it was delivered to the dry dock prior to the original amplified cancellation. But then, I heard that it was decided Allure would never get it, to keep it like the original Oasis classes. But that info was from a captain Q&A almost 2 years ago...

13 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Did they happen to mention if Allure was still getting Ultimate Abyss? the hardware to install it was delivered to the dry dock prior to the original amplified cancellation. But then, I heard that it was decided Allure would never get it, to keep it like the original Oasis classes. But that info was from a captain Q&A almost 2 years ago...

I hope you are right and they leave at least 1 Oasis ship without it.  I know they Abyss that was due to go on in 2020 had to be scrapped as it sat in the shipyard too long