Lunch at the Yacht Club Restaurant, Seashore

Grumpella

Can you take lunch to go at this restaurant on the ship?  I know there is a buffet upstairs at the Yacht Club, but the choices just kept repeating after a few days.  

Thank you in advance for your help.

13 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

For a change up, You can order a pizza and have it delivered to your stateroom and then take it wherever you like.  I wouldn't ask the YC restaurant to make a to-go order...they aren't really set up for that.

Maybe not quite "wherever you like." They do frown on bringing your pizza into the Top Sail lounge.  Anywhere else, yes.

• Like 2

I was about to post the same thing, and also since it isn't clear where the OP was planning to take the food, it is always good to remember that depending on where you are cruising it is often not possible to take food ashore either...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Grumpella said:

Can you take lunch to go at this restaurant on the ship?  I know there is a buffet upstairs at the Yacht Club, but the choices just kept repeating after a few days.  

Thank you in advance for your help.

If you don't like the food in YC buffet, try the main buffet or a specialty restaurant.  Or a pizza.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JAGR said:

Maybe not quite "wherever you like." They do frown on bringing your pizza into the Top Sail lounge.  Anywhere else, yes.

exactly...

You ;also can't generally take stuff like pizza and food from main buffet up onto the YC pool deck or into the YC lounge

Have you tried the grill on the YC pool deck for lunch?

Also the main buffet has a large selection. Worth a spin through if you want a change of venue

9 hours ago, JAGR said:

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

exactly...

Since OP was asking about to-go orders from the YC restaurant, I assumed they weren't interested in dining in the YC areas.  Glad you all clarified.  ☺️

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Since OP was asking about to-go orders from the YC restaurant, I assumed they weren't interested in dining in the YC areas.  Glad you all clarified.  ☺️

well.. better to share more IF the OP isn't a regular YC cruiser..than for them to expect to "take away' and to "where" in YC? If your room-- ? pool deck? YC Lounge?

We dont understand people carrying trays from the big buffet to a cabin (unless we are talking about napping kids/illness). We have seen tupperware! 🤪 on some lines...

We appreciate that CCers who know -- then share... 

Don't you?

Things like-

-Where are you doing take away to ?  room? Fussy toddler no on wants to see- so back to your room?

-Did they know the grill has different options?

-Do they know that the bigger part of the ship is VERY different?

-Pizza is great o the big buffet?

If you aren't a YC--you aren't carrying YC food to mid ship pool..

With that said

What's Your best advice without knowing what the parameters are for the question?

We try to be helpful

Edited by Fogfog

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

exactly...

You ;also can't generally take stuff like pizza and food from main buffet up onto the YC pool deck or into the YC lounge

Have you tried the grill on the YC pool deck for lunch?

Also the main buffet has a large selection. Worth a spin through if you want a change of venue

I know they wouldn't like "main buffet food" in the TS Lounge....but why not on the pool deck?

OP is aware of YC buffet...he said that the choices keep repeating.

It sounds like he wants to take lunch from the YC restaurant and eat it by the pool......

Just an opinion....but I don't see why not

I've ordered a pizza (1/2 cheese, 1/2 pepperoni) and had it delivered to my cabana/pergola on the pool deck.

I suppose a great butler can make things happen that you wouldn't expect...like having Venchi (discreetly) delivered to a cabana on the pool deck. 😉

• Like 1

The fact that you can't order food from the YC Restaurant to your cabin was something I found a bit odd. In the Haven, you could order restaurant food to your suite so long as the restaurant was open. We took advantage of this for breakfast all the time because someone clearly put addictive substances in that French toast and we never woke up early enough to make ourselves presentable and get to breakfast on time. So, we'd call and put in an order when we woke up and by the time our butler dropped it off, we'd be more ready to face the day after a latte and french toast on the balcony. YC breakfast ended even earlier than Haven did so really missed that in the YC.

33 minutes ago, bundtkate said:

So, we'd call and put in an order when we woke up and by the time our butler dropped it off, we'd be more ready to face the day after a latte and french toast on the balcony. YC breakfast ended even earlier than Haven did so really missed that in the YC.

For breakfast, you can do the same with Yacht Club. I put the Yacht Club French toast slightly above the Haven French toast.

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

For breakfast, you can do the same with Yacht Club.

Really? In our cabin, there was a little card with the room service info that said you could only order in from the YC restaurant if you were sick. End of the day, it wouldn't have mattered as YC breakfast ended at 9am and that's about the earliest we're ever up on vacation, but it very much wasn't presented as a option.

51 minutes ago, bundtkate said:

Really? In our cabin, there was a little card with the room service info that said you could only order in from the YC restaurant if you were sick. End of the day, it wouldn't have mattered as YC breakfast ended at 9am and that's about the earliest we're ever up on vacation, but it very much wasn't presented as a option.

You can hand write specific items that aren't on the room service "hang on the door" card. If you want an omelet with mushrooms, red peppers, and cheese, just write it on the card. Scrambled eggs with no cheese for the kids? No problem. The latest delivery time is 9:45a-10:00a. The card only has coffee, decaf coffee, hot chocolate, and tea for hot beverages but if you want a cappuccino, just write it down. Mimosa? Of course. 😁

We had room service breakfast probably every other day whether sea day or port day. Breakfast on the balcony is not a problem. Other meals that aren't on the room service menu are like pulling teeth. Haven is much more accommodating in that area.

On 1/24/2024 at 8:02 PM, MsTabbyKats said:

It sounds like he wants to take lunch from the YC restaurant and eat it by the pool......

Just an opinion....but I don't see why not

Because the service ware (china) is different and the YC restaurant has no means of packing "to go" food that would then be left on the pool deck.  

3 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Because the service ware (china) is different and the YC restaurant has no means of packing "to go" food that would then be left on the pool deck.  

I'd think they could afford some "paperware"....

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I'd think they could afford some "paperware"....

Thank you but not a reasonable option.  Let’s take 300+ guests who ALL think they can have what they want, when they want, sprinkle in some crazy unreasonable requests and a large dash of “well I paid for yacht club” (when 50% or more are there via upgrades).  Disappointment ensues.

in case it matters, I run 3 high volume restaurants. Hubby is an executive chef at a country club full of  size 2 gluten free stay at home blondes.  We completely understand what is reasonable and what is just an “entitled” flex. 

44 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Thank you but not a reasonable option.  Let’s take 300+ guests who ALL think they can have what they want, when they want, sprinkle in some crazy unreasonable requests and a large dash of “well I paid for yacht club” (when 50% or more are there via upgrades).  Disappointment ensues.

in case it matters, I run 3 high volume restaurants. Hubby is an executive chef at a country club full of  size 2 gluten free stay at home blondes.  We completely understand what is reasonable and what is just an “entitled” flex. 

Oh well...I guess OP will be disappointed.

I'm happy with the lunch buffet and pizza delivery.....pile on that gluten and give me some carbs!