New Fall 2024 Caribbean Cruises on NCL Getaway and NCL Epic. Cancellation of Voyages in Europe...

• SummmerInKefalonia changed the title to New Fall 2024 Caribbean Cruises on NCL Getaway and NCL Epic. Cancellation of Voyages in Europe...
1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

Perhaps those 10+ night European cruises they planned to attract the more sophisticated cruiser isn’t quite working as expected. 

Unanticipated Caribbean demand is the official proclamation. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Unanticipated Caribbean demand is the official proclamation. 

There is likely some truth in that “proclamation”.  Port Canaveral and NOLA are popular and easy to access ports.  Still, I’m lovin the fact they abandoned the longer European itineraries. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

There is likely some truth in that “proclamation”.  Port Canaveral and NOLA are popular and easy to access ports.  Still, I’m lovin the fact they abandoned the longer European itineraries. 

I don't think they understand most people can't just jet off to Europe. Well, maybe now they do! Just give us 10 hours in a port, instead of cutting port time to five or six hours and most folks will be happy...oh wait. That'll damage the environment. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Still, I’m lovin the fact they abandoned the longer European itineraries. 

Seems they only reduced it a little bit.

They still have the Escape, the sky, the pearl and the viva doing 9-15 day cruises in Europe till End of November.

23 hours ago, dexddd said:

Based on Epic Haven prices, not biting.

I suspect, gut feelings, more NCL ship re-deployment shuffling will be announced in the immediate/near future ... hopefully, before folks have to make their final payment, etc. Would not surprise me at all.   

Are you up for last minute booking, LOL.  If the "Price is Right" live is fair game, why not ... and I see a few more early TA in my (Wheel of) fortune telling - NCL has been spinning in circles, we'll see how things go.  Fair chance of bailing and jumping across the gangway this Fall, especially if they are coming our way.  A question of "Deal or No Deal" this Fall - house plants with UV and self-watering set for Spring already. 

54 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

I suspect, gut feelings, more NCL ship re-deployment shuffling will be announced in the immediate/near future ... hopefully, before folks have to make their final payment, etc. Would not surprise me at all.   

Are you up for last minute booking, LOL.  If the "Price is Right" live is fair game, why not ... and I see a few more early TA in my (Wheel of) fortune telling - NCL has been spinning in circles, we'll see how things go.  Fair chance of bailing and jumping across the gangway this Fall, especially if they are coming our way.  A question of "Deal or No Deal" this Fall - house plants with UV and self-watering set for Spring already. 

Agree redeployment means having to fill new  itinerary at short notice.

Waiting for the new TAs to get priced.

With 1/2 price free at sea and 10% voucher could be worth a punt.

Look at celebrity out of Athens( they dropped Israel)  Feb/March entry(with tax)  £50pppd and they dropped £50 off the 11n options because they can't fill them.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 1:02 PM, laudergayle said:

Perhaps those 10+ night European cruises they planned to attract the more sophisticated cruiser isn’t quite working as expected. 

That is normally the case.

Do you remember when NCL wanted the Epic to spend the entire year in the Med? And then they found a half empty ship throughout the winter and brought her back to the Caribbean. 

We sailed on the “last ever” Epic cruise in the US…. Until the winter med did not sell. 

Edited by BirdTravels

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

That is normally the case.

Do you remember when NCL wanted the Epic to spend the entire year in the Med? And then they found a half empty ship throughout the winter and brought her back to the Caribbean. 

You would think that NCL would have enough historical data to know the booking trends, and not have to cancel itineraries after they started selling them.  Geesh.

On 1/25/2024 at 2:40 PM, cruiseny4life said:

I don't think they understand most people can't just jet off to Europe. Well, maybe now they do! Just give us 10 hours in a port, instead of cutting port time to five or six hours and most folks will be happy...oh wait. That'll damage the environment. 

Seriously! The airfare is insane as well. I'm taking a cruise on the Viva in May, and the airfare is the same as the cost of my cruise! As much as I'd love to sail Europe more, it's just not affordable, especially when they're running 10-14 day cruises. How do people get this much time off?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ray985 said:

How do people get this much time off?

Retired...

Same goes for TAs, where most of them are 10-14 days and the majority of passengers are retired.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i wonder how the people can do the world cruise where you are cruising for like 6-9 months

A few years back I followed a few Bloggers on world cruises with Princess. The majority of pax were older and retired. Watching you-tube videos now I see folks of all ages sailing. I heard there's some kids doing the full world sailing. They are being "home-schooled"  by their parents. I'm also hearing of some who are on the full sailing who are working remote on the ship. Then there are a bunch of influences that are sailing to broadcast content. That being said I'm sure the majority of full world cruises are still retired. 

On 1/25/2024 at 1:40 PM, cruiseny4life said:

I get 4 weeks PTO annually and planned to use 12 days on the Epic and in Athens. 

On 1/25/2024 at 1:57 PM, CruiseMH said:

Seems they only reduced it a little bit.

They still have the Escape, the sky, the pearl and the viva doing 9-15 day cruises in Europe till End of November.

Viva is already sold out of all but inside & studio for Athens - Rome Oct 19 - 29.

Dawn looks to be selling well out of Athens Oct 27 - Nov 6.

Sky is so overpriced for Barcelona - Athens Nov 4-19. (Double Epic for 3 extra days)

Very disappointing decision as my family was getting things settled for 3 cabins on the Epic. They even dropped prices recently on the Epic 

Not retired and have 6 weeks PTO. Travel companion owns his own tech business and works remotely on the ship a few hours a day. Typically go to Europe or elsewhere for 3 weeks at a time...if I am going to take a 10-16 hour flight, I am going to stay for awhile. I have worked hard to get to this point and am grateful that I now have the time/funds to travel like I do. 

21 hours ago, mking8288 said:

They continue to throw crazy prices to see what sticks.  I don't follow prices enough to see if sold late or early.  We typically book early with vacation requests.  Epic Haven nearly double what I already considered high.  Those are even off season.  For that I can go elsewhere on a b2b which I have eyes on.

I've pondered taking vacation block and see what happens, shall we stay or go, but like to pick room.

Doing land based Hawaii in March with all back up plant watering in place.  Dogs passed and DD's pooch just moved out, hopefully on temp basis.

April for you coming up quick, test grow ops and Station Zebra to be at the ready.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Typically go to Europe or elsewhere for 3 weeks at a time...if I am going to take a 10-16 hour flight, I am going to stay for awhile. 

Exactly. This is what I point to when people say they don't like the longer Europe itineraries. I wouldn't even consider flying all the way to Europe without a minimum of a 10-day cruise.

• Like 3