PLUS PACKAGE QUESTION

I just noticed on the Princess website that when booking a cruise, you are no longer given the option of choosing the Premium Package, only the Plus Package. 

Is that a new wrinkle?  Is the Premier Package no longer available?  If not, what is the reason(s) it was eliminated?

18 minutes ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

I just noticed on the Princess website that when booking a cruise, you are no longer given the option of choosing the Premium Package, only the Plus Package. 

Is that a new wrinkle?  Is the Premier Package no longer available?  If not, what is the reason(s) it was eliminated?

I still show all the choices.  Select

your cabin, the at the top

of the page, you’ll see Standard, Plus, Premier

Click on the one you want.  If you don’t see that, then a glitch.  Call your TA/CVP or PCL to book for you,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2024 at 12:36 PM, Boiler Cruiser said:

I see all 3 options - Standard, Plus and Premier

• Like 1

I know this has been asked before. 

If Princess Plus is purchased onboard does the cost go into you folio to pay at the end of the cruise or do you have to pay for it at time of purchase?

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

I know this has been asked before. 

If Princess Plus is purchased onboard does the cost go into you folio to pay at the end of the cruise or do you have to pay for it at time of purchase?

Thanks.

My question piggybacks on this - if I add Plus when I board, I too wondered if it charges to my folio (assuming it does) but my 12 year old is my second passenger in my room. Will he also be charged the $60/day rate even though he would only be getting the Zero Alcohol Package? We are sailing on a 10 day Enchanted cruise in March and this does not seem like a great deal since I don’t drink much. Thanks all! 

3 minutes ago, mgoblue01 said:

My question piggybacks on this - if I add Plus when I board, I too wondered if it charges to my folio (assuming it does) but my 12 year old is my second passenger in my room. Will he also be charged the $60/day rate even though he would only be getting the Zero Alcohol Package? We are sailing on a 10 day Enchanted cruise in March and this does not seem like a great deal since I don’t drink much. Thanks all! 

Yes, a child will be charged the full price of Princess Plus even if just receiving the zero alcohol beverage package.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SKCruiser007 said:

Yes, a child will be charged the full price of Princess Plus even if just receiving the zero alcohol beverage package.

The non-alchohol package costs $35, crew appreciation is $16 and wifi is $25. If you don't plan on getting wifi you will probably be better off to just do Standard Fare and pay as you go for beverages. I hope this helps!

• Like 2

@mgoblue01 

Thanks for asking the question you did. I didn't think about my 9 year old grandson who will be with me in the room. His parents and sisters are in the room next to us. 🙂

@SKCruiser007 @jean-lynd

Thank you for your responses. I can get Wi-Fi at 50% off and have some OBC. Doing the math, it looked like getting Princess Plus might be the better deal. It isn't if I have to get it for my grandson as well once onboard.

15 hours ago, SKCruiser007 said:

13 hours ago, jean-lynd said:

The non-alcohol package costs $35, crew appreciation is $16 and wifi is $25. If you don't plan on getting wifi you will probably be better off to just do Standard Fare and pay as you go for beverages. I hope this helps!

Not sure what kid would want to go without internet.  But the the separate beverage package cost is so high that may as well buy the Plus for the kid as they would likely consume beverages each day and be over $60 in no time.  

Edited by Steelers36

What about this scenario, mt friends have 2 kids so have to book one adult in each room, then change arrangements once onboard ( kids are 17 & 15). One they have the 2 adults registered to one room can they get the Plus package for that room only? 

All I know is our cruise was already paid for, but we had NOT put the REQUIRED information into the system. When we did that, we also ordered the Premier Package for us, and that was charged on the credit card then.

15 hours ago, victory2020 said:

What about this scenario, mt friends have 2 kids so have to book one adult in each room, then change arrangements once onboard ( kids are 17 & 15). One they have the 2 adults registered to one room can they get the Plus package for that room only? 

No, technically it will still be one adult per room even though the kids and adults can get access to all doors. We used to do this when the kids were young as well. All 4 need package if the adults want it 

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2024 at 6:28 PM, victory2020 said:

By the way, at that age, the kids should be allowed to be in their own room. You don’t need one adult per room 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2024 at 12:28 PM, victory2020 said:

What about this scenario, my friends have 2 kids so have to book one adult in each room, then change arrangements once onboard ( kids are 17 & 15). One they have the 2 adults registered to one room can they get the Plus package for that room only? 

Not exactly. If you are a family group traveling with a legal guardian then the 17 & 15 year old's can be booked into a separate cabin. The two adults can also be in a separate cabin. The two adults can get the plus or premier package and the youth could get the standard package. If you booked one adult and one youth in two separate cabins then both the adult and the youth would have to get the plus or premier package if the adult got it. But note. If one of the youths is not travelling with a legal guardian then there must be one adult booked into each cabin. You can change around once on board, but I don't know you will be able to change the packages around. With the plus fare the youths would get the non alcoholic package. But with the way youth use wifi it may be the way to go. You have to do the math.

For family groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for at least one person in each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, landlocked12 said:

Our travel agent booked our teenagers in a separate cabin. She said that the teenagers needed to be in the next cabin or directly across the hall from the adults’ cabin. 

Interesting. My friend was told there had to be one parent in each room. I'm wondering though, if getting the plus for the father (who drinks) & son, & the 2 girls don't get the package. The father could upgrade to 4 internet devices, correct?

1 hour ago, NRWPA said:

I booked the Plus package once on board Ruby Princess on 12/10/2023. The charge was added to my folio minus the $10 fee for the Medallion

Are you a single traveler or were you able to add it on for just you in the room?  We are trying to figure out how to make it work, Hubby is listed as 1st passenger, but he doesn't want the plus, Me #2 and Daughter #3 do. 🙂

41 minutes ago, spedteach said:

Are you a single traveler or were you able to add it on for just you in the room?  We are trying to figure out how to make it work, Hubby is listed as 1st passenger, but he doesn't want the plus, Me #2 and Daughter #3 do. 🙂

I travel solo...sorry I can't help