The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday January 26th, 2024

kazu

Sorry I didn’t make it to the port side. Only 2 elevators were working due to suitcases being delivered and deck 3 had been hosed down. We did sail away from our veranda. I already had to go to guest services about our OBC.  Nothing is ever easy.  

I do like our large veranda. We really haven’t done much else except unpack. 

@JazzyVso glad you have a date. I pray it works for you.

Thanks for all the port pictures.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon!  What a long day with DM today but we got a lot accomplished. Much needed pedicure being the priority followed by DM’s hair and then lunch with our friend Kim (as in Crawford). Not today’s wine though which is a low calorie and alcohol wine. I would love to try it but have not seen it anywhere. @erewhon have you seen it or tried it before?

I probably will be the only one celebrating dental drills because I wouldn’t be where or who I am without them since my DD DF was a dentist. 

I tried to get a picture of the Catalinas today but couldn’t get a clear shot. This picture was from the parking lot as we left after our pedicures. 
IMG_4623.thumb.jpeg.3defcf345a12224215b21708d9c7f74d.jpeg

It’s hard to see the snow because of the clouds but it’s between the two sahuaros.  (Oops, sorry, between the sahuaro and the traffic lights). Later I tried after dropping DM off. 
IMG_4629.thumb.jpeg.0795641b46436f67cc528114c52106a6.jpeg

Hard to see because of the Hilton in the way. That much visible snow doesn’t happen often. I’m sure Mt Lemmon is happy. 

Pennie @Nickelpenny, the meme about Hawaii was hilarious!  Thinking about your friend’s baby and praying he grows strong. 

Bruce @aliaschief, your memes today were hilarious too and please keep up the food pictures and the menus. I look at the menu and then match the food picture. Yum!  

Have a good afternoon!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Oops
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

If my neighbors were home Saturday when it happened he may have fessed up at their front door and they could have gotten compensation.  But then he left and Amazon customer relations took over.  Poor neighbor is out there trying to dig up the concrete base around the post right now.  Just what 70+ year old men need to be doing!

This would be a good case for small claims court. National companies often don't even show up, resulting in a default judgment, but a judge would probably accept your testimony and photo evidence.

• Like 12

40 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

Sorry I didn’t make it to the port side. Only 2 elevators were working due to suitcases being delivered and deck 3 had been hosed down. We did sail away from our veranda. I already had to go to guest services about our OBC.  Nothing is ever easy.  

I do like our large veranda. We really haven’t done much else except unpack. 

@JazzyVso glad you have a date. I pray it works for you.

Thanks for all the port pictures.

Tupper, Bon Voyage!

• Like 10

1 minute ago, kochleffel said:

This would be a good case for small claims court. National companies often don't even show up, resulting in a default judgment, but a judge would probably accept your testimony and photo evidence.

Paul, DH was outside helping straighten the post with neighbor Mike.  Mike said his daughter who is a lawyer in Nashville said she couldn't be his lawyer here in Georgia but she would gladly go to small claims court if he wanted to.  Mike said she was livid.  DH said Sandi is pretty mad, too.  If he does do that I would be happy to testify to what I saw.  DH was a witness too but didn't have as good a view as I did.  

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Paul, DH was outside helping straighten the post with neighbor Mike.  Mike said his daughter who is a lawyer in Nashville said she couldn't be his lawyer here in Georgia but she would gladly go to small claims court if he wanted to.  Mike said she was livid.  DH said Sandi is pretty mad, too.  If he does do that I would be happy to testify to what I saw.  DH was a witness too but didn't have as good a view as I did.  

I would contact a supervisor at Amazon and then perhaps Elliot. Org will help. His site deals with consumer issues not only travel. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the HAL Fleet report and all the daily information.

@tupper10 Bon Voyage, have a fabulous cruise.

@Sharon in AZ  re the Kim Crawford, have bottles of the SB in the house, but not  that one,  will look for it next time I buy wine. 

This morning woken by heavy rain, hail and thunder, cleared quite quickly to a sunny day but temperature only 14 C.

Best wishes to all on the Care list.

• Like 17

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I am so ticked off at Amazon right now.  DH is outside cleaning up more acorns and the neighbor who had his mailbox run over by the delivery guy just told him Amazon said we didn't have enough evidence that their driver backed over it.  Even with me as an eyewitness and numerous photos of the damage, license plate, van #103, driver's face and uniform.  They think "your friend would lie for you".  They asked if he had a video of it!  That's downright terrible customer relations.  Just thought you all should know, unless you have security cameras and a Ring doorbell with video proof of their drivers doing something you're on your own with a $500 repair bill. 🤬

Wow. Just Wow!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for the HAL Fleet report and all the daily information.

@tupper10 Bon Voyage, have a fabulous cruise.

@Sharon in AZ  re the Kim Crawford, have bottles of the SB in the house, but not  that one,  will look for it next time I buy wine. 

This morning woken by heavy rain, hail and thunder, cleared quite quickly to a sunny day but temperature only 14 C.

Best wishes to all on the Care list.

Thank you for your reply. Let me know if you find it and what you think. 

• Like 6