Penny Wise And Pound Foolish?

Received our pre cruise docs and bag tags about a week ago. Definitely not the old Regent. Instead of a nice holder with a printed cruise summary  brochure and tags with our name , we get a plan paper envelope with blank tags that have nothing but the deck number on them.

Now I'm all for saving money BUT, in the same week we received 7 full color Regent brochures, including an almanac sized one.

Seems to me that cutting back on those and going back to the little things that made Regent what it is would be money better spent.

• Like 11

It has been this way for a year now. I think we all wish they would stop the brochures as well - that is certainly the feedback we have given when asked. Note that you still get proper luggage tags when you move up a level in Seven Seas Society. The temp ones are only to ID your room on board and we put them on before we are driven to the ship from the hotel....not when leaving home. The stick on ones are still available from the Regent Rep at the hotel. I just keep a supply on hand for the next cruise as you can obtain them on board.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Pcardad said:

It has been this way for a year now. I think we all wish they would stop the brochures as well - that is certainly the feedback we have given when asked. Note that you still get proper luggage tags when you move up a level in Seven Seas Society. The temp ones are only to ID your room on board and we put them on before we are driven to the ship from the hotel....not when leaving home. The stick on ones are still available from the Regent Rep at the hotel. I just keep a supply on hand for the next cruise as you can obtain them on board.

All the tag has on it is the deck number and a space on the back to put your name and room number. Not familiar with the hotel ones as we typically book our own hotel. We are Silver right now but will be gold in July. Is that the level to get the "old" tags?

Edited by Aloha 1

6 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

All the tag has on it is the deck number and a space on the back to put your name and room number. Not familiar with the hotel ones as we typically book our own hotel. We are Silver right now but will be gold in July. Is that the level to get the "old" tags?

Yep, you will get tags at Gold. The ones given out at the hotel by the Regent rep are adhesive with blank lines to fill in. You can also get them on board the ship. Neither the adhesive labels nor the ones mailed out by Regent are meant to take the place of a normal luggage tag. They are simply to assist in getting your bag to your room.

• Like 1

Cutting back on marketing is about as “pound foolish” as it gets.  Even if the brochures don’t get read, they keep the Regent name in front of you. Yes, they can (and do) use online media as well, but given the primary age demographic of luxury lines, print still has marketing value.

• Like 1

I have been trying to get back on the mailing list. Everything stopped about 2 years ago, but still get weekly Viking and occasional Oceania mailers Despite applying for RSSC. I refer back to deck plans on old catalogs all the time…these haven’t changed, although itinerary’s have had many changes.

6 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

I have been cruising with Regent since 2000, when it was still called Radisson, and the luggage tags I received were always like this, just the deck number, I had to fill out my name and cabin number. Don’t see what’s the big deal

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

I have been trying to get back on the mailing list. Everything stopped about 2 years ago, but still get weekly Viking and occasional Oceania mailers Despite applying for RSSC. I refer back to deck plans on old catalogs all the time…these haven’t changed, although itinerary’s have had many changes.

Boy, do I wish I was as lucky as you! Hate getting all the brochures and advertising, it clutters my mailbox. I’ve tried having them stop to no avail

6 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Yep, you will get tags at Gold. The ones given out at the hotel by the Regent rep are adhesive with blank lines to fill in. You can also get them on board the ship. Neither the adhesive labels nor the ones mailed out by Regent are meant to take the place of a normal luggage tag. They are simply to assist in getting your bag to your room.

I’ve been Gold for ages, have no idea what special tags I’m supposed to get?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CardowMD said:

On Regent’s website they say they have a new 2024-25 brochure. You click on the order link and it will be mailed to you. It’s about the size of a coffee table book-big and heavy. And it arrived within 3 days. I bet I’m on their mailing list now! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseluv said:

Boy, do I wish I was as lucky as you! Hate getting all the brochures and advertising, it clutters my mailbox. I’ve tried having them stop to no avail

Try opening the Regent website and scrolling to the bottom of the page.

WorldsMostLuxuriousCruiseLineRegentSevenSeasCruises-AnUnrivaledExperience2.thumb.png.e080435909a59e59323b42ec0dba3450.png

Select “ UPDATE MARKETING PREFERENCES” and the following form will appear:

PrivacyWebForm.thumb.png.56c1b0974dbe6b9aeaf1e1223a9100a9.png

This form allows you to opt out of any combination of email, mail or telephone marketing communications. A few months ago I opted out of mail communications (i.e. brochures). After a short period of time, brochures stopped arriving and I only receive marketing messages via email. Give it a try. Hopefully it will work for you too.

Dave

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, warmwater said:

Me too, just got the plain ones

I have pleather luggage tags (I think) that say GOLD on them and leather tags for PLATINUM and TITANIUM. They came in a grey box. I will see if I can grab a pic.

14 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

I’ve been Gold for ages, have no idea what special tags I’m supposed to get?

Your bags get delivered to your cabin with a fancy tag on them.

Edited by GMIAC

2 hours ago, GMIAC said:

Your bags get delivered to your cabin with a fancy tag on them.

I stepped up to Gold in my most recent cruise and didn’t get tags. 

I also had to ask multiple times for my onboard credit. And for my pin (which is now magnetic). 

I will chase after the tags on my next cruise, I guess. 

17 hours ago, CardowMD said:

Another option is to email Mike Moore and he will take care of getting you back on the mailing list. At some point Regent changed sending email information from me to my DH. He then would forward it to me. I emailed Mike and within the promised time frame he arranged for me to get the emails and my DH stopped getting them. 

I believe his email is mmoore@rssc.com. 

For those that want to be removed from the mailing lists i recommend that you email him as well and I am confident he will take care of you.  

On 1/27/2024 at 10:17 AM, Pcardad said:

Not so sure about that. We turned Gold in October and did not receive luggage tags. Maybe Platinum?

22 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

Not so sure about that. We turned Gold in October and did not receive luggage tags. Maybe Platinum?

I just looked in the closet and we have Platinum and Titanium on the bags....I thought I remembered Gold but I could be wrong. Yep, I am wrong. Platinum and up. Sorry for the bad memory.

Edited by Pcardad

5 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I have pleather luggage tags (I think) that say GOLD on them and leather tags for PLATINUM and TITANIUM. They came in a grey box. I will see if I can grab a pic.

Never got them

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

I just looked in the closet and we have Platinum and Titanium on the bags....I thought I remembered Gold but I could be wrong. Yep, I am wrong. Platinum and up. Sorry for the bad memory.

Yes, I think you were mistaken about Gold getting anything

• Like 1