ASCENT..1/28/ 24 not quite live!

hcat

44 minutes ago, ijscheer said:

An aside-on Ascent the Retreat Barperson was superb !!

And, the Retreat Sundeck was wonderful, with great service.  😊

Yes.  We used it on our 1/28 disembarkation.  Cost is $29 pp, but since we had only 2 bags,we only were charged for one person.  It was a godsend to us, since we had a late afternoon flight and FLL is now warning about a 2 hr pre-flight limit on checking baggage.

Edited by ijscheer

BON VOYAGE TO THOSE SAILING TODAY!  We had a Wonderful time. Almost a Perfect Cruise! .Wish you the same!

Today's tip.. If you are in BLU ask to be in Roger's area..he and his team are amazing.  No requests  are turned down!  And a great sommelier too!

Well...my review bogged down due to a few tech issues, and what my husb refers to as "operator error!"  That's me..  But now that we are  back on land I will  complete the  review / photos.

Here are my sunrises (2) and sunset (1)  to start with!   Weather was clear, seas were CALM all week!

20240203_185223.jpg

20240202_070716.jpg

20240130_061017.jpg

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, ijscheer said:

Yes.  We used it on our 1/28 disembarkation.  Cost is $29 pp, but since we had only 2 bags,we only were charged for one person.  It was a godsend to us, since we had a late afternoon flight and FLL is now warning about a 2 hr pre-flight limit on checking baggage.

Thank you.  Can you use OBC to pay the $29 fee for the service?

BLU..

Roger, his Assistant and our Sommelier!

Last is pic with BLU'S  maitre d & Amazing Chef..He  visited  each table ..resounding BRAVO.!  No tough meat there!  As many lobsters as desired! Great desserts!

20240130_064749.jpg

20240202_173822.jpg

20240202_180200.jpg

20240202_173000.jpg

20240202_183219.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 3

On 1/29/2024 at 9:15 AM, kwokpot said:

Despite all E-Class theaters having nearly identical layouts (the video clarity of the giant LED screens are higher on the latest 2 ships) the shows on both the Beyond and Ascent are on another level in terms of production values and overall quality. TBH content-wise they're all quite similar (familiar pop culture songs, acrobatics, dance sequences, aerial acts) so it's HOW you put together various acts for a show that will determine how well it's received. 

As mentioned,  we left the first production show  soon after  it started with VERY LOUD SOUND  and lighten- ing bolts !  (I knew I could not endure it)

Last night's show Bridges was very enjoyable.  Focus on Bridges around the world..Great sets and amazing acrobatics, nice dancing.  The male singers were good to excellent, but the female leads not very good.  

. I enjoyed it all.  Sal did not care for  recorded sound over an orchestra, and thought the caricature portrayal of NY was unfortunate.  We are not  all  about hip hop..How about Broadway instead?

• Like 1

More BLU

Soups as always were great..No complaints with BLU being bland..

Breakfast there was good too, esp the Omelets, Asparagus Fritatta,  French Toast and Eggs Benedict...Yummy!

20240202_180423.jpg

20240202_181305.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/30/2024 at 3:58 PM, Lastdance said:

Your B’day present reminded me of mine a few years ago:  Breitling with diamond face.  It was all so unplanned and special, not to mention the pound had dropped and I believe there was a sale.  Anyway, it certainly provides wonderful memories.

Your watch looks beautiful!😍

thank you.. my husb picked it out..a sale price( ha ha!)  I only have a solar snorkel watch, and one other dress watch that works so this was perfect!

Pretty and useful!

I mentioned to the Cap Club staff that it was my birthday, and asked if  I could have my Rose early.. To my great surprise I did get my Rose and a lovely floral arrangement with a beautiful card!   Special touches make me a Happy Cruiser!

20240202_062317.jpg

20240129_193440.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/2/2024 at 8:39 PM, Buckeye94 said:

With the orange butter? That was my morning routine on Infinity last Jan. 

sal goes for syrup and bacon..we both love the French Toast in BLU..the  fat bread  makes the dush!

sorry no pic...

On 2/1/2024 at 9:10 PM, keesar said:

Much depends on the cook, quality of beef onboard, your tastes etc.  We dined at Fine Cut and the ribeye was very fatty and the filet mignon tasted like a tough sirloin.  We really raved about the service and food at Eden.  Outstanding.    

We were also on this sailing, Have to agree, Fine cut is a waste of good money. I ordered the dry aged Ribeye, $60 upcharge......awful.....overcooked, tough, no flavor.  They offered me to come again for a free meal, which I politely said no. Honestly I feed my dog better. Food has definitely gone south compared to an awesome trip on the Solstice earlier.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2024 at 7:56 PM, hcat said:

Note:  the outside tables are NOT associated with BLU.

Really?  I read somewhere that BLU on the Ascent now has some limited outdoor seating for breakfast and dinner.  Sigh..... 

3 hours ago, highway180 said:

We were also on this sailing, Have to agree, Fine cut is a waste of good money. I ordered the dry aged Ribeye, $60 upcharge......awful.....overcooked, tough, no flavor.  They offered me to come again for a free meal, which I politely said no. Honestly I feed my dog better. Food has definitely gone south compared to an awesome trip on the Solstice earlier.

I have had better steaks at restaurants with names associated with a tv show starring Lorne Greene, Michael Landon, etc.  And it did not have  an additional surcharge.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

Really?  I read somewhere that BLU on the Ascent now has some limited outdoor seating for breakfast and dinner.  Sigh..... 

We all read that..but were told it was untrue..No connection with BLU and one cannot take BLU food out there..not even sure there is a door?,?

Anyone can sit out there..maybe with take out from EDEN Cafe.  It was nicer view than on EDGE but still  industrial feel!

5 hours ago, highway180 said:

so odd... that it could be so different ..

We ate there on our first night.1/28 

I had a really nice thick and juicy Prime Rib.  .Husb had the regular menu rib eye..said it was great  not tough or fatty,  and cooked as requested!   We were so pleased after reading  the bad reports like those posted above.  

Quality Control must insure there is not such a wide variation!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hcat said:

so odd... that it could be so different ..

We ate there on our first night.1/28 

I had a really nice thick and juicy Prime Rib.  .Husb had the regular menu rib eye..said it was great  not tough or fatty,  and cooked as requested!   We were so pleased after reading  the bad reports like those posted above.  

Quality Control must insure there is not such a wide variation!

We were also there on the first night. I must say service was really good. It was the steak that was sub par and poorly cooked 

26 minutes ago, hcat said:

We all read that..but were told it was untrue..No connection with BLU and one cannot take BLU food out there..not even sure there is a door?,?

Anyone can sit out there..maybe with take out from EDEN Cafe.  It was nicer view than on EDGE but still  industrial feel!

We usually sail Aq and love Blu.  How was the food there????

unfortunately AQ was sold out when we booked so we were in Concierge.