ASCENT..1/28/ 24 not quite live!

hcat

Last stop before LUNCH & BEACH was the Sir Simeon Daniel  Museum which honors the life, work  and legacy of Sir Simeon Daniel, known as the "father or Modern Nevis" .  It was not listed in the official  excursion description,  but was definitely a worthwhile stop.

This is a recently opened Museum,  carefully planned and curated.  It is in a lovely setting with fragrant gardens around. No need to hurry through..,unless on tour pace!

The main atrium has a huge statue of Sir Simeon Daniel,  and a lovely poster as well. There was a short  biographical video, and a series of digital content stations. It very modern clean  space , perfect to absorb the  info.  His son or grandson was there to answer ques. 

You can look him up for the bio & his many accomplishments ....did much for development of modern  NEVIS.

We are glad KENO took us there!

274167777_4879720635422133_1348011082736834061_n.jpg

20240201_110100.jpg

20240201_110030.jpg

20240201_110130.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

On our way to lunch, we passed some small modern shopping centers, and some  hi rise type Condos..not quite Island style.  It was explained that

most will be purchased by Chinese or Arab investors who will not stay in them..They are used as a vehicle to obtain  Nevis passport/visa(?)...Guess that has value making it a worthwhile investment???

Next is time for lunch, beach and leisure!   Wished it would have lasted longer!

On 2/17/2024 at 10:34 AM, calicakes said:

Why did you have to cancel? Were you past final payment?  I hope your DH is on the mend.    Our next cruise is not until October, just a 4 day on Virgin.  It will be the first time on VV, I hope its all that its hyped up to be.   Still on the fence about rescheduling this Australia GBR cruise.  Waiting to hear review regarding the actual excursions to the reef.  We had 3 scheduled.  I was able to cancel all those with a full refund. 

We were recently on the Singapore to Sydney with stops along the GBR.    Hmm... having been out to the actual main reef - about 2+ out from Cairns,  I was rather disappointed on private Group tour we took.    The reef was rather close in to port (Airlie Beach) and not what I would call spectacular.  Thunder Cat was the Vendor.    It was rather close to an island and shallow -  instructed to just stay on the edge.    The currents were also very strong and some had to go back to the boat after a short time.

We have previously gone on the Quicksilver out of Port Douglas (about a 6 hours tour from Port Douglas) and was incredible.

We are just off the Ascent yesterday and did a different excursion to Nevis called Two Island Triple Play. We also stopped at the volcanic hot springs and did get in the water, up to our knees. We loved it! I suffer from leg and foot pain and had no pain for the rest of the day. Made for a very enjoyable excursion. The water was hot, 112 degrees. We also visited the birthplace of Alexander Hamilton (reason we booked the excursion) and wish we had time to go in the museum. Our tour stopped at Lime as well but didn’t include lunch, we just ordered a very strong drink and a couple appetizers. The other main difference was our ride to Nevis was a 45 minute ride on a catamaran which was very enjoyable and not over crowded as yours was. I would also recommend this tour to anyone wanting to go to Nevis. We would like to go back to Nevis in the future and spend a week at the Four Seasons (our excursion didn’t stop there).IMG_6276.thumb.jpeg.5915a62c231ce54b2cf88c180f985e4e.jpeg

IMG_6275.thumb.jpeg.55c87fdc0bdbc8923be90ea5c876e375.jpeg

Lunch was off the road at a place called Lime.. first restaurant bar  on the left along the  road to beautiful Pinney  beach.  It  was typical Carib beach style..outdoor covered  table seating with a nice breeze and fans...no flies or mosquitoes!   There was also a full  sit down bar Def  a step up from a beach shack.

Included lunch was  a choice of Marinated Grilled fish or BBQ chicken..with sides..Two choices of rum punch, soda or beer..wifi included.

I ordered the fish.. My husb  took the Chicken.. Generous portions so we could share.  We agreed the Fish was the outstanding choice! Service was prompt and pleasant!

my husb drank beer..I ordered a plain rum punch and a fruit rum punch..and combined them.. Yes, it did pack a punch!  Can't recall if there was dessert...

Here are some pics of the lunch spot..could have stayed here all day...good food,  rum and Bob Marley soubdtrack!  Tropical Perfection on a sunny day!

20240201_115716.jpg

20240201_115813.jpg

20240201_113551.jpg

20240201_113544.jpg

20240201_123100.jpg

20240201_123351.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

We are just off the Ascent yesterday and did a different excursion to Nevis called Two Island Triple Play. We also stopped at the volcanic hot springs and did get in the water, up to our knees. We loved it! I suffer from leg and foot pain and had no pain for the rest of the day. Made for a very enjoyable excursion. The water was hot, 112 degrees. We also visited the birthplace of Alexander Hamilton (reason we booked the excursion) and wish we had time to go in the museum. Our tour stopped at Lime as well but didn’t include lunch, we just ordered a very strong drink and a couple appetizers. The other main difference was our ride to Nevis was a 45 minute ride on a catamaran which was very enjoyable and not over crowded as yours was. I would also recommend this tour to anyone wanting to go to Nevis. We would like to go back to Nevis in the future and spend a week at the Four Seasons (our excursion didn’t stop there).IMG_6276.thumb.jpeg.5915a62c231ce54b2cf88c180f985e4e.jpeg

IMG_6275.thumb.jpeg.55c87fdc0bdbc8923be90ea5c876e375.jpeg

Your tour sounds great

The catamaran transit sounds like fun and seas were calm.. 

Since we have been all over St Kitts...tours, forts, resorts, restaurants,  beaches etc, We booked a diff type of  tour for St  Kitts next year..It's a coastal  Catamaran beach party.  with swimming,  reggae music one way and Carib music other way.. Plus the drinks &  Rum.. Looks like Sal and I  are turning into party  animals in our advancing age!    (Hoping for same perfect weather)

Great photo of the Springs...I really hope  the Hot Springs dip has helped.  Our winter home is  near North Port Florida...which has  the world famous Warm Mineral  Springs that folks swear by...Not sure of their mineral content... You  might want to check them out some time if you are in the area .. btw  love your posie toes!

• Like 1

@Jim_Iain I did send you an email.  

Thanks for the info about the reef.  I have to wait until I see my dr. on Friday before I submit all the paperwork for the travel insurance.  I haven't even thought about rescheduling this cruise.  I still can't believe X gets to keep my 9500.00 : (

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

We were recently on the Singapore to Sydney with stops along the GBR.    Hmm... having been out to the actual main reef - about 2+ out from Cairns,  I was rather disappointed on private Group tour we took.    The reef was rather close in to port (Airlie Beach) and not what I would call spectacular.  Thunder Cat was the Vendor.    It was rather close to an island and shallow -  instructed to just stay on the edge.    The currents were also very strong and some had to go back to the boat after a short time.

We have previously gone on the Quicksilver out of Port Douglas (about a 6 hours tour from Port Douglas) and was incredible.

Hey.. shout out to Calicakes and Jim... my "live from guru! "  I remembered how to sep the series pics from you..looks better! What's next for you ?  Cali..why does X get to keep $9500?

Edited by hcat

so back to our lunch and beach..

After lunch we got some NEVIS tee  shirts..great prices,  local Rum and  liitle trinkets  for grandsons at the  kiosk at Lime.

Sal stayed at a more outdoor table for beer and his cigar

..I wandered and found a fabulous boutique right next to LIME!

20240201_111522.jpg

20240201_111908.jpg

20240201_115213.jpg

20240201_113544.jpg

20240201_115955.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

Here's the local NEVIS rum...

The boutique was adorable..with A/C.  nice clientele  Very high end resort wear, art and jewelry... Fair prices.

I found a perfect  bead and pearl necklace for my fav dress.. ..sorry no pic til my next cruise!

The proprietor has items at  the Four Seasons Resort too,  and does shows in Miami..hope she'll come to Venice or Naples Fl..  

Shopping lust sated, I  headed down to the beach!

20240218_092428.jpg

• Like 1

There are  complimentary golf carts parked at LIME to take you to the beach area down the hill.  I chose to walk..even though it was very sunny! Passed 2 other restaurants but LIME looked best.

The beach  has diff areas for diff tour or resort groups. Had .no idea which was ours.  I  took in the beautiful view of the  water,   snapped a few pics..grabbed 2  sea shells  for my island mini shell collection and meandered back up hill.

20240201_122756.jpg

20240201_122413.jpg

20240201_122638.jpg

20240201_123100.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

At this point we were ready to find the bus and head back..others were also gathering.. 

So after a very full and lovely day,  KENO took us back to the ferry!   

Trip back was a slightly different route..I am directionally challenged. The scenery both ways was breath taking ...pristine..not yet ruined like many other places.

Some folks on board had def been partying quite a bit already..continued and were a bit boisterous during the ride.  The music was cranked up but  no one could dance as rule is stay seated!  Here are some final pics as we returned to St Kitts

20240201_134034.jpg

20240201_144729.jpg

20240201_135440.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

As previously mentioned, we had to find  our way  back  the long way  through the port...but we were  happy to have had such a wonderful day.  

Thank you KENO,   and all of NEVIS.

Stay beautiful!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

We are just off the Ascent yesterday and did a different excursion to Nevis called Two Island Triple Play. We also stopped at the volcanic hot springs and did get in the water, up to our knees. We loved it! I suffer from leg and foot pain and had no pain for the rest of the day. Made for a very enjoyable excursion. The water was hot, 112 degrees. We also visited the birthplace of Alexander Hamilton (reason we booked the excursion) and wish we had time to go in the museum. Our tour stopped at Lime as well but didn’t include lunch, we just ordered a very strong drink and a couple appetizers. The other main difference was our ride to Nevis was a 45 minute ride on a catamaran which was very enjoyable and not over crowded as yours was. I would also recommend this tour to anyone wanting to go to Nevis. We would like to go back to Nevis in the future and spend a week at the Four Seasons (our excursion didn’t stop there).

Was your "Two Island Triple Play" Nevis tour through Celebrity or private?  Sounds nice too.

On 2/19/2024 at 2:03 PM, hcat said:

As previously mentioned, we had to find  our way  back  the long way  through the port...but we were  happy to have had such a wonderful day.  

Thank you KENO,   and all of NEVIS.

Stay beautiful!

Did the tour guide bus bring all the tourists back to St. Kitts cruise pier?

Tour was a Celebrity Excursion:  A DAY TRIP TO NEVIS WITH LUNCH,, $142.00 pp  (they do not seem to number them anymore?)

As noted in the name and prior posts above, it  included full  sit down lunch

(choice of entree) and 2 bevs per person,,,

From St Kitts  you take a Ferry type boat  for 40 people...with water and drinks to Nevis island...tours sort out at pier... Then the tour bus with guide takes over.. KENO bus was  Modern, a/c,  good sound system..no bad seats..plenty of room...After lunch and beach, the same  Bus takes you back to NEVIS pier ( short drive) and then you take the  Ferry back to St Kitts

. Nevis and St Kitts  are not land connected!

No guarantee you will get KENO but he was outstanding!

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

Tour was a Celebrity Excursion:  A DAY TRIP TO NEVIS WITH LUNCH,, $142.00 pp  (they do not seem to number them anymore?)

As noted in the name and prior posts above, it  included full  sit down lunch

(choice of entree) and 2 bevs per person,,,

From St Kitts  you take a Ferry type boat  for 40 people...with water and drinks to Nevis island...tours sort out at pier... Then the tour bus with guide takes over.. KENO bus was  Modern, a/c,  good sound system..no bad seats..plenty of room...After lunch and beach, the same  Bus takes you back to NEVIS pier ( short drive) and then you take the  Ferry back to St Kitts

. Nevis and St Kitts  are not land connected!

No guarantee you will get KENO but he was outstanding!

PS.. cannot locate our tix but pruce may have been higher..With discount maybe $150 pp all in but well worth it!

lunch plate below Very fresh, well cooked Carib fish..dh had chicken.  There was also a vegan choice!

20240201_112002.jpg

On 2/20/2024 at 4:35 AM, ecslady said:

Was your "Two Island Triple Play" Nevis tour through Celebrity or private?  Sounds nice too.

It was through Celebrity and we paid $118.99 per person a month before the cruise. It was slim pickings when I booked and this was the only tour available at the time that went to Nevis. I would highly recommend it! Although it didn’t include lunch we stopped at the same spot as @hcat and were able to purchase drinks and appetizers. When we arrived at the volcanic hot springs and I thought this is going to be lame. I almost didn’t get off the bus but I’m glad I did as it felt really good. We had taken another cruise the week before this one and of all the excursions we did over the 2 weeks the Two Island Triple Play was our favorite. 

NEVIS is a wonderful place to visit..whatever you do there!

One couple we met later, took the Ferry over and had a guide take them to Four Seasons,  where they booked a day pass.  Live like the Rich and Famous for the day!

it is suggested that folks book early on line for good prices and availability!

• Like 1