ASCENT..1/28/ 24 not quite live!

hcat

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: . . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

hcat was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

We are boarding ASCENT tom.  at Port Ev.  It's a big birthday cruise for me!

We previously enjoyed EDGE (AQ Class & an SV) and BEYOND(SS)  For this  ASCENT cruise we are back to AQ Class with access to the Thermal Suite and BLU ..We also have res for FINE CUT, ROOFTOP GRILL and EDEN. Lots of Spa  and pampering.  Looking forward to the Sparkle (?) deck party,  the shows & live music. Not big on bars but the World Class  is our favorite.

Our ports include San Juan (staying on board) , Tortola (lunch and cigar bar for my husb.) &  St Kitts (excursion to Nevis with lunch..)

This is not planned as a " live from" review..(we have basic wifi so who knows how  posting to CC will work,,,)  Focus will be dining, shows, music, and ports &  hope to post a few photos if I can.

We start tom off with Sailaway at the Sunset Bar..We have an active roll call;  some will do a shot glass exchange at the Sunset Bar.  First sea day we have a roll call gathering which should be fun to finally meet up in person.

I hope others on  the cruise add their comments thoughts & pics.....as I am going low key! 

ONE DAY TIL SAILAWAY (courtesy of our roll call Countdown keeper!)

image.png.563fcbb491b10f31926d773b4ce6f5ad.png

Edited by hcat
  • Like 9

38 minutes ago, hcat said:

thanks for all the good wishes..

I will encourage folks from the  roll call to post...more the merrier!

We are on Ascent in an AQ for the Transatlantic in April.  I am looking forward to reading about Blu and the Thermal Suite.  One question I have for you.... when the window is down and the folding door (or sliding door... whatever the case may be) is closed, can the AC remain on or does it go off and stay off whenever the window is down?

46 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

We are on Ascent in an AQ for the Transatlantic in April.  I am looking forward to reading about Blu and the Thermal Suite.  One question I have for you.... when the window is down and the folding door (or sliding door... whatever the case may be) is closed, can the AC remain on or does it go off and stay off whenever the window is down?

hope someone can answer that..

We never close the bi-folds. We keep them open, and face the 2 chairs and little table inward to create a  sitting area.   We open the window only to take pics or look at the water or when coming into a port. Someone will def have an answer.

I will def cover our experience in BLU and the Thermal suite..

We are also supposed to have workout bands and weights(?)  in the room as per 2 e mails we received...that is  new.  Plus the yoga  mat as well...

41 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I very much look forward to reading about your cruise.  Have fun.

thanks... we had fun reading your pre cruise and cruise blog!   I am not as creative but will try. 

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

The bifold doors control nothing. They act like closet doors to create the illusion of a separate room. What controls the HVAC is opening or closing the window. When the window is open, the HVAC shuts off. When the window is closed, the HVAC is operationable. This is the way it is on ALL E-Class ships and it will NEVER, EVER change. Anyone telling you any other information is literally lying to you. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The bifold doors control nothing. They act like closet doors to create the illusion of a separate room. What controls the HVAC is opening or closing the window. When the window is open, the HVAC shuts off. When the window is closed, the HVAC is operationable. This is the way it is on ALL E-Class ships and it will NEVER, EVER change. Anyone telling you any other information is literally lying to you. 

Ok... No need to go off the deep end! Just a simple question and answer.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, d9704011 said:

Ok... No need to go off the deep end! Just a simple question and answer.

Apologies for the strong reply. This topic is a pet peeve of mine since people love to make up stories and insist things that are patently false. Then there will be conjure that Celebrity can in a drydock convert the bifold doors into real doors and then the AC can stay on. Don't get me wrong, I love the IV cabin. On our Ascent cruise we left the window open overnight for two nights when we went to bed. We like our room temperature on the warm side so on a few nights it was fine for use to sleep with the window open but no AC. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Apologies for the strong reply. This topic is a pet peeve of mine since people love to make up stories and insist things that are patently false. Then there will be conjure that Celebrity can in a drydock convert the bifold doors into real doors and then the AC can stay on. Don't get me wrong, I love the IV cabin. On our Ascent cruise we left the window open overnight for two nights when we went to bed. We like our room temperature on the warm side so on a few nights it was fine for use to sleep with the window open but no AC. 

Here's a link to my FIRST report on the Inaugural Edge sailing way back in December 2018 where I basically explain the same exact thing about the IV window and the HVAC.  

Edited by kwokpot

1 hour ago, hcat said:

thanks... we had fun reading your pre cruise and cruise blog!   I am not as creative but will try. 

No need to worry!  Just remember that a picture = 1,000 words.  Hopefully your onboard Wi-Fi will cooperate.  Regardless, just make sure you have fun.

@hcat have a great time.  We disembark in the a.m..

We have been in a SV this week and had a great cruise.  MDR food was excellent, had a great waiter, assistant and sommelier.  Enjoyed some new wines within the package but not on the by the glass list.  The shows in Eden late night were great as were the other shows and entertainers around the ship.  

With all the changes we were thinking we wouldn’t be booking anymore cruises with them after what was already booked.  That changed and we added another booking.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

No need to worry!  Just remember that a picture = 1,000 words.  Hopefully your onboard Wi-Fi will cooperate.  Regardless, just make sure you have fun.

thanks for the encouragement!    We plan to  have fun but also relax..

kind or Ironic since we are doing the snowbird thing this season.. how much more relaxed can we  be!

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

@hcat have a great time.  We disembark in the a.m..

We have been in a SV this week and had a great cruise.  MDR food was excellent, had a great waiter, assistant and sommelier.  Enjoyed some new wines within the package but not on the by the glass list.  The shows in Eden late night were great as were the other shows and entertainers around the ship.  

With all the changes we were thinking we wouldn’t be booking anymore cruises with them after what was already booked.  That changed and we added another booking.  

thank you..

I have enjoyed so many  your informative posts over past years..

Speaks volumes  that you have not said bye bye to X..What did u book?

I can confirm that if the window is open in your IV cabin, the air will go off.

We loved Eden Specialty restaurant so much that we went back for another evening.  Fine Cut was  a disappointment but hopefully it was an off night.  

Everyone, enjoy your cruises!

8 hours ago, d9704011 said:

It stays off until you close the window