ASCENT..1/28/ 24 not quite live!

hcat

17 minutes ago, keesar said:

I can confirm that if the window is open in your IV cabin, the air will go off.

We loved Eden Specialty restaurant so much that we went back for another evening.  Fine Cut was  a disappointment but hopefully it was an off night.  

Everyone, enjoy your cruises!

2 minutes ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

It stays off until you close the window 

17 minutes ago, keesar said:

I can confirm that if the window is open in your IV cabin, the air will go off.

We loved Eden Specialty restaurant so much that we went back for another evening.  Fine Cut was  a disappointment but hopefully it was an off night.  

Everyone, enjoy your cruises!

We have always loved Eden. The steakhouse has been hit or miss on Beyond (2 cruises) but was great on Apex. We are trying it again on Ascent if it isn't up to our expectations then we will stick with Eden.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hcat said:

thank you..

I have enjoyed so many  your informative posts over past years..

Speaks volumes  that you have not said bye bye to X..What did u book?

We did a Book Later since we couldn’t decide between a TA (on the Ascent or Apex) or Japan.  But we are hooked on E class ships.  Have a B2B coming up on the Eclipse and can’t get excited about the older ships.

ships

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JHUNTGOLF said:

Didn’t sleep very well last night knowing we were being picked up at 4:45am.  I finally got up at 1:50am.  We’re on an 8:10am flight to FLL.  See you on board.

John

Safe travels!

3 hours ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

We have always loved Eden. The steakhouse has been hit or miss on Beyond (2 cruises) but was great on Apex. We are trying it again on Ascent if it isn't up to our expectations then we will stick with Eden.

Eden was just outstanding in every aspect.  Fine Cut was a major disappointment and not worth the $$$.  Eden was so good we go back twice as we used to go twice each cruise to Murano on the S-class.

• Like 3

We hope you have a great cruise. If it is half as nice as the January 14th and 21st cruises, I believe you will be very pleased. 😊

• Like 3

thanks.. so far cruise is great.. easy parking and walk to terminal...no lines

Shipp is beautiful..like EDGE and BEYOND..Our AQ class Inf Veranda cabin is perfect!

lunch buffet was ok but heavy on carbs!    Way too crowded at Sailaway.

Enjoyed Fine Cut very much..great food and service..Prime Rib for me, Rib eye fir husb..but all other course were perfect too.

I am struggling with this wifi stuff so may limit posts..sorry..  But I will try a few photos!

• Like 3

i had a very happy birthday!

Tom I have an early massage, Cap Club gathering and our roll  get together. Chic night in BLU

Will try to get pis of some of the music makers!  Some are really outstanding! Some are just loud sounds!

20240128_155924.jpg

20240128_160019.jpg

• Like 9

Nice to see you celebrating your birthday onboard, along with enjoying all that comes with it.   Sounds like you are on your way to many delightful experiences on a beauty of a ship!  😄

Happy Birthday and have a lovely time onboard!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

Happy Birthday hcat!  Following and enjoying your review  😊   

I know you said you are struggling a bit with with the wifi and may not post much, but you are doing a great job so far!!!   Have a wonderful birthday cruise!

22 hours ago, keesar said:

Eden was just outstanding in every aspect.  

On the Ascent first time this upcoming Sunday.  Eden, and every other specialty restaurant, totally booked per the APP.  Will check when onboard.  In an Aqua, so we're pretty good with BLU.

When you dined at Eden, was it full and/or were they taking daily new reservations (if you know) and was 'at opening' a better chance than prime middle hour and a half?

11 hours ago, hcat said:

more

20240128_194139.jpg

Ok, you have me at . . . . .

Will be on board this upcoming Sunday.  If we can't get into Eden, a seat here will be just fine.

Thanks and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, blueslily said:

I hope that the Awaken show returns this week. On the prior cruise, they said it as canceled due to technical issues. I hope those are fixed so you can enjoy the shoe this week. 

It must be something special.  After we returned (after 10 years) to Celebrity for a 10N SC on Silhouette in December 2023 we shared our positive experience with Laura (President, Celebrity Cruises) and indicated we were jumping into the Edge Class with the Ascent (2/4/2024).  A snippet from the 12/15/2023 email ~

"thank you so much for sharing and we are thrilled to have you back. You are simply going to love Ascent. If I can entice you to see one show, please go see Awaken in the Theater, it is amazing!!"

• Like 1