Avalon River Cruises Onboard Questions

cbr663

1 hour ago, Rebel54 said:

You do pay for the items in the mini bar.  No soft drinks in the 24 hour area.  I had them remove the mini bar items and just picked up some preferred drink items when we were in port. 

L'occitane products are in pump bottles attached to the walls in the shower and at the vanity.

Thank you very much for your informative reply. Just to confirm you can take bottles of spirits (liquor) and or wine champagne to consume in your cabin? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scottie920 said:

Thank you very much for your informative reply. Just to confirm you can take bottles of spirits (liquor) and or wine champagne to consume in your cabin? 

Pretty much.  Food, drink, you name it.....as long as it's not illegal 🙂

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 11:43 AM, YoungDubFan said:

You can take anything legal on board for consumption in your cabin - soft drinks, wine, liquor, whatever you want. Avalon doesn’t care. 

I am sure if you wanted to take your own wine to the dining room they would be more than happy with that as well...  Just less wine they have to supply!!

Fran

5 minutes ago, franski said:

I am sure if you wanted to take your own wine to the dining room they would be more than happy with that as well...  Just less wine they have to supply!!

Fran

There is a corkage fee to bring your own wine into the dining room but I don’t know how much it is. I’ve always been able to find a wine I like. On my Tulip Time cruise last year, they had a rose I really liked one night & the next night, they were pouring a different rose, that I didn’t like as well. I asked the wine steward to see if he could find the previous rose & he went & found it. The bar manager then put in another order & got the ship restocked with the 1st rose because so many people liked it. 

9 minutes ago, YoungDubFan said:

There is a corkage fee to bring your own wine into the dining room but I don’t know how much it is. I’ve always been able to find a wine I like. On my Tulip Time cruise last year, they had a rose I really liked one night & the next night, they were pouring a different rose, that I didn’t like as well. I asked the wine steward to see if he could find the previous rose & he went & found it. The bar manager then put in another order & got the ship restocked with the 1st rose because so many people liked it. 

I have always found them to be very accommodating  I was the only one who wanted Rose at our table - and I didn't see anyone else at the tables close by drinking it.  But - they always made sure that they had a bottle (or two) handy for me - and after the first night, just brought it to the table instead of just the usual red or white.

Fran

• Thanks 1

Question regarding afternoon tea.  We try and avoid sweets (carbs) as much as possible and I'm wondering if anyone has requested a cheese plate or some cheese/deli meets from breakfast at afternoon tea?

1 hour ago, cbr663 said:

Question regarding afternoon tea.  We try and avoid sweets (carbs) as much as possible and I'm wondering if anyone has requested a cheese plate or some cheese/deli meets from breakfast at afternoon tea?

Sandwiches, cheeses, crudité, etc, were also available on our sailing.  On the first day they have the hotel gm and head chef available to chat about allergies and sensitivities so it’s probably an opportune time to ask about this.

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, cbr663 said:

We tend to take all excursions, including the optional ones, so that keeps us away from all the sweet treats during Afternoon Tea. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daisi said:

We tend to take all excursions, including the optional ones, so that keeps us away from all the sweet treats during Afternoon Tea. 

Have to agree with this.  They sure keep you busy!  We only made it to one afternoon tea and that was because we were underway to another port.  I’m glad we got a chance to try it because it sure was good.

• Like 2