So how do you like the bench seat on the CS balcony?

chill6x6

Hey,

I just want to know how those of you that have stayed in a CS on Beyond in particular like the bench seat? It's the ONE thing that's causing me to pause booking. I don't see the attraction/advantage of this seating arrangement and have always preferred a lounger or a reclining chair.  How's this bench seat working for you?

Thanks!

I loved it!  Put a towel across the pillow and lounged perfectly. 5'2".... one problem: it needed a shim under one corner to keep from wobbling. A door stopper would have been perfect.  This was on the Ascent room 12113.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cbfb said:

It’s sad how uncomfortable the balcony seating is on the E class! 

Not only the seating on the balcony but most of the seating areas.   I don’t think Kelly or anyone else sat in any of them to see if they are comfortable.    It is design, style over function as almost everything she has done on the ships.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, miched said:

Not only the seating on the balcony but most of the seating areas.   I don’t think Kelly or anyone else sat in any of them to see if they are comfortable.    It is design, style over function as almost everything she has done on the ships.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Agree, IMHO we have found most seating on E-class throughout the ships to be more for look than comfort. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Uncomfortable chairs? I don’t know what you’re talking about. These are perfectly fine to me.🤪

DD3B22B1-79D7-481F-B956-EFE1651E147D.jpeg

OMG...awful!  needs padding but those 'stick's could be dangerous walking into them.

3 hours ago, cbfb said:

I found comfortable seats everywhere on the Ascent last week…Sunset Bar, El Bacio, Rooftop Garden, Martini Bar..Eden. Etc..

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I found comfortable seats everywhere on the Ascent last week…Sunset Bar, El Bacio, Rooftop Garden, Martini Bar..Eden. Etc..

That’s great. I was commenting on the room balconies. 

20 minutes ago, cbfb said:

That’s great. I was commenting on the room balconies. 

The person who said E Class had terrible seats everywhere wasn’t. 

My SS had two comfortable enough chairs…I’ll say that.  No sofa, although that sounds good. 

1 hour ago, spiritkat090909 said:

Cross my fingers and try to post a pic.  Hopefully, right side up?

image.thumb.jpeg.8c0f98b4e3a542330326486e5544f9e8.jpeg

Looks like a suite balcony. IMO for the money I spent on a SV the furniture should be comfortable too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cbfb said:

Each new E class has evolved and made changes to some of the less than ideal aspects of the earlier ships.

We just returned from the Ascent and I found the seating in many public areas to be more comfortable.  The chairs on the balcony, while not like the S class were comfortable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Each new E class has evolved and made changes to some of the less than ideal aspects of the earlier ships.

We just returned from the Ascent and I found the seating in many public areas to be more comfortable.  The chairs on the balcony, while not like the S class were comfortable.

Hopefully that’s the case in other class rooms but unfortunately the videos I have seen of SV on Ascent have the same furniture as Beyond. 

I’m dating myself, but the definition of a “private balcony” continues to get worse and worse as the ships evolve.  Increasingly huge gaps at the top and bottom.  Some of the ships have only frosted plexiglass. I remember many years ago sailing on the HAL Amsterdam in the PS.  Total steel walls around the balcony.  I’ve sailed many times in the M class PS and while the dividers are not great there is plenty of privacy to sit in your pj’s and sip morning coffee.  I would love to see some premium or top suites that have a balcony that allows for more real separation/privacy from the adjacent suites.  I’m not interested in hearing every word spoken by the next door passengers or listening to the passing of gas.  Just saying….

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 10:21 AM, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Agree completely...... most of the E class seating is so low to the ground you would think it was designed with small children in mind.

On 1/31/2024 at 3:00 PM, spiritkat090909 said:

Cross my fingers and try to post a pic.  Hopefully, right side up?

image.thumb.jpeg.8c0f98b4e3a542330326486e5544f9e8.jpeg

Nowhere near as nice as the padded lounge on the CS balcony on the S class ships that have NOT been renovated.  

• Thanks 1