Are there afternoon tea items in the buffet?

Over on the Princess boards I just found out they have afternoon tea items in the buffet. I never knew this and always go to the MDR. I will be on the Carnival Magic this year and just wondering if Carnival also puts afternoon tea items (small sandwiches, scones/cream/jam) in the buffet. One of our sea days will be spent using the waterpark and I don't really want to hurry and get cleaned up to go to the MDR so this would be a nice option.

54 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Speaking of afternoon tea, is it OK to bring your own tea bag?

Of course you can bring your own.

If you have Cheers, Carnival offers a decent selection of Art of Teas teabags that are included with Cheers. They're $3 a bag otherwise I think which is ridiculous.

Regular old Lipton black and green teas are available at no charge for everyone.

I believe you can also request coffee at afternoon tea if you'd prefer that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Of course you can bring your own.

If you have Cheers, Carnival offers a decent selection of Art of Teas teabags that are included with Cheers. They're $3 a bag otherwise I think which is ridiculous.

Regular old Lipton black and green teas are available at no charge for everyone.

I believe you can also request coffee at afternoon tea if you'd prefer that.

I forgot about that. Last time I had the drink package, this time I won't. Let me go add tea bags to my packing list!

well a better question is which ships still have a nice selection of tea because on the Celebration if you wanted anything besides black tea or green with no flavor, you had to buy the bags.   

Sorry just so wrong given what other cruise lines provide.  I was shocked last Nov when on the Celebration, 

• Like 1

Also I would double check on Tea Time.  We had Tea Time listed on the Hub Ap for both Sea Days and we skipped the first one.  Arrived at the MDR on the second Sea Day and no Tea Time.  I had checked that morning for location and it was still on the Hub Ap.  Bummer.

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well a better question is which ships still have a nice selection of tea because on the Celebration if you wanted anything besides black tea or green with no flavor, you had to buy the bags.   

Sorry just so wrong given what other cruise lines provide.  I was shocked last Nov when on the Celebration, 

None of them do for free.  The wooden box with the specialty teas is gone from the Lido deck. They'll cone around with the box for you to choose from in the MDR, but you have to pay for those just like at the coffee shop.  On the Lido and in the MDR, including at afternoon tea, only green tea and Lipton black tea are free.

Edited by DallasGuy75219
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

None of them do for free.  The wooden box with the specialty teas is gone from the Lido deck. They'll cone around with the box for you to choose from in the MDR, but you have to pay for those just like at the coffee shop.  On the Lido and in the MDR, including at afternoon tea, only green tea and Lipton black tea are free.

It's been like that for years. 

• Like 1

I’m surprised to hear that Carnival has a Tea time (yea!) I’m really picky & this is my first Carnival cruise: Transatlantic on the Legend, April 15 from Baltimore.

So, tell me more.

What time?
Is it every day?

Or is Tea on every Sea Day?

Are you seated in the MDR?
Is the tea delivered prepared and ready to pour?

(Or do they pass around tea bags to put into not-so-boiling water?)

Has anyone ever requested a tea kettle for their cabin? (In Dec. NCL Prima actually delivered one at my request.)

Several TAs ago we crossed on the Queen Mary and the TEA was the only reason I would sail Cunard again (it was that good).

Thank you for indulging me this one peculiarity of mine.

Cheers,

Susan

6 hours ago, MaisonRose said:

I’m surprised to hear that Carnival has a Tea time (yea!) I’m really picky & this is my first Carnival cruise: Transatlantic on the Legend, April 15 from Baltimore.

So, tell me more.

What time?
Is it every day?

Has anyone ever requested a tea kettle for their cabin? (In Dec. NCL Prima actually delivered one at my request.)

Several TAs ago we crossed on the Queen Mary and the TEA was the only reason I would sail Cunard again (it was that good).

Cheers,

Susan

If you are "really picky", you are going to be disappointed.

I am not particularly picky, and I think it's fine. 

7 hours ago, MaisonRose said:

So, tell me more.

What time?
Is it every day?

Cheers,

Susan

You won't get a kettle in your cabin. Carnival doesn't allow them.

Carnival's tea is nothing like Cunard's. It's highfalutin for Carnival though. Think "hairy chest contest meets afternoon tea" and you'll be in the right frame of mind.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, MaisonRose said:

So, tell me more.

What time?
Is it every day?

Cheers,

Susan

I bring my own tea bags. I'm kind of a tea snob. I prefer Barry's Gold or Barry's Breakfast.

9 hours ago, MaisonRose said:

So, tell me more.

What time?
Is it every day?

Cheers,

Susan

It's usually every sea day in the MDR around 3PM or so. You can get the free Lipton or upgrade to one of their better options. (I had the Cheers package so I got the tea for free, this time I'll bring my own since I won't have the Cheers package) You get your own pot of water and LOTS of food options. 

P1060594.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MaisonRose said:

So, tell me more.

What time?
Is it every day?

Cheers,

Susan

It is usually every sea day, but on my TA last year it was I believe only on two selected sea days. It may have been more and I missed it, but not every sea day.

Cunard tea time is excellent. This will be nowhere near that level. Enjoy it as a mid afternoon snack and tea break but don't expect to be blown away.

Also don't let them push the upcharge teas if that's not what you want, they tend to not bring around the included teas for several minutes until they have sold people the premium teas who thought the experience came with a cost.

Love doing TAs!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

well not on Royal or Celebrity or even NCL or Disney do they charge for flavored tea.  I spoke to a lot of folks who were amazed at this. 

5 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well not on Royal or Celebrity or even NCL or Disney do they charge for flavored tea.  I spoke to a lot of folks who were amazed at this. 

Carnival didn't either until a few years ago when they started a partnership with Art of Tea.

On 2/2/2024 at 9:10 AM, Bollycats said:

It's usually every sea day in the MDR around 3PM or so. You can get the free Lipton or upgrade to one of their better options. (I had the Cheers package so I got the tea for free, this time I'll bring my own since I won't have the Cheers package) You get your own pot of water and LOTS of food options. 

P1060594.JPG

That looks very nice; thank you.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 3:00 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

No charge on HAL either.

Tea Time is not overly fussy.

20231224_175042.thumb.jpg.1895d83d72539e877e231dc0a2f82eb5.jpg