Ship's Clock Vs. Local Time in Cozumel

jtwind

Regal Princess sails out of Galveston.  In order, the stops are: Cozumel, Belize, Roatan.  Galveston, Belize, and Roatan are all on Central US time.  But Cozumel is on Eastern US time.  I was shopping for an independent tour, and the agent told me that, since the itinerary said we would be in Cozumel from 9:00 to 18:00, we would actually be arriving at 10:00 local time.  This sounds nuts.  Anyone know anything about this?  Thanks.

We were on the Regal last week.  We had a different order of ports but here is our daily schedule.  We turned clocks forward on day 3 and stayed on that time until day six.  The captain announced we should check our watches and ensure we verified ship time vs port time in Cozumel.  We missed Costa Maya due to weather.  

20240202_215116.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We were on the Regal last week.  We had a different order of ports but here is our daily schedule.  We turned clocks forward on day 3 and stayed on that time until day six.  The captain announced we should check our watches and ensure we verified ship time vs port time in Cozumel.  We missed Costa Maya due to weather.  

20240202_215116.jpg

Ok, so by doing this, your watches, ship time, and local time would all be the same for Costa Maya and Cozumel.  But they would not have all matched in Belize.

8 hours ago, jtwind said:

Ok, so by doing this, your watches, ship time, and local time would all be the same for Costa Maya and Cozumel.  But they would not have all matched in Belize.

Sorry I misspoke, Belize was the port the captain told us to verify time.  It was confusing and the itinerary wasn't even what we had initially booked.  Roatan/Mahogany Bay was cancelled not long before the cruise.  Anyway that's why I posted the Patter so you could see how the ship's time worked for us.  

24 minutes ago, skynight said:

One thing about time on a cruise. If you use your phone for the time set the clock on manual and change it according to any instructions received in your cabin. 

That's what we did, in addition to using an old-school analog watch just in case 🙂 

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Regardless of what the local time in port is...you'd *better* synchronize your watch to ship time!

I really don't worry about local time. I set my watch and my phone to ship time and I always know where I stand. Do people really check clocks on shore for the time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I really don't worry about local time. I set my watch and my phone to ship time and I always know where I stand. Do people really check clocks on shore for the time?

I suppose if, like the OP, you are booking an independent tour then local time is important. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Yes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I suppose if, like the OP, you are booking an independent tour then local time is important. 

Point taken.

• Like 1