Laundry question

15 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We are also Zenith Captains Club members and use the free laundry perk  continually.  We are presently on a ship and sent out laundry yesterday.  Items included a pair of my jeans, a pair of my 6 ft. husbands pants, two long sleeved shirts, several sets of underwear and socks.  Easily could have fit more items in the bag.

Thanks @Northern Aurora! That gives me some hope! We are trying to travel light, especially since pulling off traveling with just carry-on luggage on our Caribbean cruise on the gorgeous Apex last January...but that was just for 7 days, to a hot place.... and this time around, we're staying a few days in Barcelona before embarkation and a few days in Rome after disembarkation so... there's no way around packing a bit more AND doing laundry this time around. I remember a long time ago on our first cruise on HAL, there were laundry machines onboard. Gosh, I've aged! 🙂 

On 2/6/2024 at 2:48 PM, Carl and Ellie said:

So my husband and I have pre purchased a wash and fold for our upcoming cruise.  My question is we both have several articles of clothing that are air/hang dry.  Is there a way to either have those clothes delivered after the wash or they can hang them somewhere prior to sending them back to the room?  Thanks for the help.

Don’t send anything that you love or anything that requires special handling. Hot water & hotter dryer 

The last time I used the laundry service (I think it was the Apex), I wrote COLD Water Please on the ticket, and everything came back good.  And I stuffed the bag really full......at least seven items were in the bag.

9 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We also use the dry cleaning frequently.  Never had a problem.

I sent a sweater while on the fall TA . Came back with the same obvious food spill on from plus was on a metal hanger which made nasty stretch bulges on front below shoulders. Sent back and included the food that was spilled and asked to be folded. came back the same. Sent again with explicit instructions to fix the hanger stretch points and to FOLD.. Metal hanger again!!  Not wearable!! Down to guest relations and they called the laundry  manager who came right away. 30 minutes later he hand delivered my sweater to my cabin ,, fixed and wrapped in tissue

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

I sent a sweater while on the fall TA . Came back with the same obvious food spill on from plus was on a metal hanger which made nasty stretch bulges on front below shoulders. Sent back and included the food that was spilled and asked to be folded. came back the same. Sent again with explicit instructions to fix the hanger stretch points and to FOLD.. Metal hanger again!!  Not wearable!! Down to guest relations and they called the laundry  manager who came right away. 30 minutes later he hand delivered my sweater to my cabin ,, fixed and wrapped in tissue

you are more patient than me. One chance to put it right then straight down to Guest Relations.

20 hours ago, Dreamer68 said:

Thanks @Northern Aurora! That gives me some hope! We are trying to travel light, especially since pulling off traveling with just carry-on luggage on our Caribbean cruise on the gorgeous Apex last January...but that was just for 7 days, to a hot place.... and this time around, we're staying a few days in Barcelona before embarkation and a few days in Rome after disembarkation so... there's no way around packing a bit more AND doing laundry this time around. I remember a long time ago on our first cruise on HAL, there were laundry machines onboard. Gosh, I've aged! 🙂 

No you haven't you have simply changed cruise lines. HAL, Princess (i.e Carnival ships)  have self service laundrettes, Royal including Celebrity don't.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, the penguins said:

you are more patient than me. One chance to put it right then straight down to Guest Relations.

I did to get the chit to have it done again .. free 

7 hours ago, gold1953 said:

I did to get the chit to have it done again .. free 

That's what I meant - you gave them several chances to put it right I would only give them one. We have also had 1 item lost and a couple damaged with the value being credited to our account within 24 hours.

12 hours ago, the penguins said:

No you haven't you have simply changed cruise lines. HAL, Princess (i.e Carnival ships)  have self service laundrettes, Royal including Celebrity don't.

Royal does on their Silversea ships.

58 minutes ago, billc23 said:

Royal including Celebrity don't.

OP referred to Celebrity but I thought you meant all of Royal from what you said as quoted above. 

The laundry is fine- we get some free laundry- we never give anything "special" to the ship for laundry.  Just underwear, tee shirts, socks and pj's.  Swim suits we hand wash.  Have used the dry cleaning for good items without any problem.  We also try to bring enough clothes for the week or two.  Would rather pay for extra luggage then have any problems regarding lack of clothes for the cruise.

Only use the ship for dry cleaning and if laundry is necessary, only items you aren’t concerned with.  All others, do it yourself!  Hand wash, wrap in towel to remove as much moisture as possible, and hang dry.  I always ask for extra towels day and evening service, so no problem doing this. Good luck.