Dithering about Soft Drink Package.

7 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Mocktails like Zero Pina Colada and Zero Mohitos cost $10.50.

4 hours ago, Womble99 said:

A can of soft drink was $3.50

Thank you both..this was exactly the information I needed. Two cans and two mocktails would be $Aus 28..if the Classic  Soda package is $23 , it would be worth getting that…Obviously for both of us.

Relaxing Robbies- do you mean Zero mocktails with Diet Sprite or just non alcoholic cocktails ? Husband is diabetic so we struggled to find Zero sugar mocktails on last Princess cruise- they kept suggesting using soda water which isn’t so tasty. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Reina del Mar said:

Relaxing Robbies- do you mean Zero mocktails with Diet Sprite or just non alcoholic cocktails ? Husband is diabetic so we struggled to find Zero sugar mocktails on last Princess cruise- they kept suggesting using soda water which isn’t so tasty. Thanks.

I meant Zero as in non alcoholic. Not sure about anything non sugar.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

I  believe coffee is included in that package and if I am correct then it is worth getting   Their free coffee is  Urg................

The Classic Soda package does not include coffee or hot chocolate. They do sell a Zero Alcohol package that also includes coffees but that is ridiculously expensive.

31 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

The Classic Soda package does not include coffee or hot chocolate. They do sell a Zero Alcohol package that also includes coffees but that is ridiculously expensive.

Yes I was not sure which is why I said IF 

Hi Reina del Mar

Below is snapshot from my Cruise Drink Calculator.

image.jpeg.ffefab94300d41411b8908d293763be6.jpeg

The prices shown have been obtained from what others have posted re drinks on their princess cruises, they may not reflect the latest current prices, but should be current enough to get an idea of what to expect.

My calculator is up to date with P&O Aust prices as I got them on my recent cruise with them, planning on updating Princess's prices when I cruise with them in Oct.

Regards

John

• Like 3

Windsor26 is correct the basic Soda Package approx. $24aud does not include coffee or hot chocolate drinks also fresh juice. Use to be but both dropped it out and moved it to the Zero-Alcohol Package $45aud.

Which I believe is way over the top.

Soda package only includes;

all post mix sodas, fruit juices (not fresh), mocktails and smoothies.

Zero-Alcohol Package includes;

Enjoy premium and specialty coffees and teas along with sodas, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (juice bar), hot chocolate,  "zero-proof" mocktails, bottled water, San Pellegrino, Evian and Red Bull Energy Drinks.

2 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Hi Reina del Mar

The prices shown have been obtained from what others have posted re drinks on their princess cruises, they may not reflect the latest current prices, but should be current enough to get an idea of what to expect.

My calculator is up to date with P&O Aust prices as I got them on my recent cruise with them, planning on updating Princess's prices when I cruise with them in Oct.

Regards

John

Note to self: I will check whether there has been much of a squeeze on prices while on Coral in a couple of weeks time. The non-alcoholic still looked pretty close to that in November.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Note to self: I will check whether there has been much of a squeeze on prices while on Coral in a couple of weeks time. The non-alcoholic still looked pretty close to that in November.

I would appreciate your impute from that Geoff, I have been updating the Calculators to include a tracking spreadsheet to record what actually was spent so it can be compared in hindsight, to see how accurate your estimate was. Maybe even if the Plus Fares were worth it.🤔

Regards

• Like 1

Ozwoody- Many thanks for your spreadsheet.

Think I have read somewhere that the Classic Soda package now includes cans. It seemed to on our South American cruise this time last year..but we were always checking our folio, just in case! We weren’t charged extra on any occasion, over 18 days, but that might have been a fluke.🥫

11 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Ozwoody- Many thanks for your spreadsheet.

Think I have read somewhere that the Classic Soda package now includes cans. It seemed to on our South American cruise this time last year..but we were always checking our folio, just in case! We weren’t charged extra on any occasion, over 18 days, but that might have been a fluke.🥫

You may be right about the cans, I haven't cruised with Princess since 2018, Could be their included in the basic soda package, I can't remember anyone getting cans, always seen soda fountain drinks handed out.

P&O Aust does not have post mix drinks, they just have cans & bottles for soft drink.

18 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Hi Reina del Mar

Regards

John

You are so organised, John!🙂

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2024 at 10:28 PM, Reina del Mar said:

Wondering whether to book a soft drink package on Coral Princess on Australian cruise.

I find the current soft drink package to be overpriced. On our last couple of Oz/NZ cruises we swapped out the Elite mini bar contents for 20 cans of soft drink, which lasted some time. For variety we would bring on 10-12 can cartons from various port stops.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I find the current soft drink package to be overpriced. On our last couple of Oz/NZ cruises we swapped out the Elite mini bar contents for 20 cans of soft drink, which lasted some time. For variety we would bring on 10-12 can cartons from various port stops.

Yes I agree overpriced but then that's to cover the overpriced drink charges.

My calc's show if I buy a large hot choc in morning and early afternoon, plus have couple of mocktails during the day, then have couple of orange juices for dinner at night, it will cost me about $52 a day, a Soda&coffee package costs $45. Then if I get wifi, that for an elite is now around $20 (use to be free).

Add the drink Package and the wifi, and I'm up for around $65 a day as an Platnum/elite.

Do you think their pushing people into buying the plus Package whether they want it or not.

Seems that way to me.

So now you have to decide do you really need wifi, or can i just wait for ports, and do I also do your wise option with the cans.

Thinking very seriously about it.

25 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Do you think their pushing people into buying the plus Package whether they want it or not.

Seems that way to me.

I don't think they are bothered either way on what Princess fare you choose, as long as you choose Princess. There is a market for a standard fare, and a market for inclusive fares. They are just looking to cater both to attract new customers and retain some who are looking at inclusive offers on other lines.

For internet, you can still buy for just the day(s) you need it, and only need to pay for one, not both. Plus is essentially a drinks package that is attractive to those that would ordinarily drink alcohol or a lot of juice & hot beverages.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I don't think they are bothered either way on what Princess fare you choose, as long as you choose Princess. There is a market for a standard fare, and a market for inclusive fares. They are just looking to cater both to attract new customers and retain some who are looking at inclusive offers on other lines.

For internet, you can still buy for just the day(s) you need it, and only need to pay for one, not both. Plus is essentially a drinks package that is attractive to those that would ordinarily drink alcohol or a lot of juice & hot beverages.

I'm not a big alcohol drinker, my example is six soft drinks a day (ok two are mocktails, I'm on holiday $10.50 each use to be $8),

and the cost if someone wanted a coffee package and wifi for 1 device as well, its almost the same as the plus package.🤷‍♂️

Me I would do with out wifi, I'm a fossil, I can live without it, and not get the shakes.😆

But a lot of people like their wifi, so even if you only drink coffee & soft drinks and want wifi, you might as well buy the plus fare up front, the cost is virtually the same.🙄 and you get a couple of other sweeteners

To me there don't seem to be a choice for most people, and god forbid if your not platinum or elite level to get the discount on wifi, then there is no choice, plus would be the only logical choice.

If you have to have wifi, and you wish to drink anything, you just have to bight the bullet and pay your $65 per day, or what ever they raise it too.

As for me, the old fossil I am, I can wait for ports and carry on my cans like Sinbad, and I can cruise happily, but for people like the OP its confusing as you wade through a mire of options, as you try to figure which is best for you.

That was the intent of my calculator, so you could work out what you thought you would drink, and be able to make an informed (to some extent) decision.

But to each his own I guess.😄

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Yes I agree overpriced but then that's to cover the overpriced drink charges.

My calc's show if I buy a large hot choc in morning and early afternoon, plus have couple of mocktails during the day, then have couple of orange juices for dinner at night, it will cost me about $52 a day, a Soda&coffee package costs $45. Then if I get wifi, that for an elite is now around $20 (use to be free).

Add the drink Package and the wifi, and I'm up for around $65 a day as an Platnum/elite.

Seems that way to me.

So now you have to decide do you really need wifi, or can i just wait for ports, and do I also do your wise option with the cans.

Thinking very seriously about it.

With Princess, if you go to the dining room for breakfast, you can order hot chocolate free of charge.🙂 I agree that Princess is really pushing the Plus package.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

I'm not a big alcohol drinker, my example is six soft drinks a day (ok two are mocktails, I'm on holiday $10.50 each use to be $8),

and the cost if someone wanted a coffee package and wifi for 1 device as well, its almost the same as the plus package.🤷‍♂️

Me I would do with out wifi, I'm a fossil, I can live without it, and not get the shakes.😆

But a lot of people like their wifi, so even if you only drink coffee & soft drinks and want wifi, you might as well buy the plus fare up front, the cost is virtually the same.🙄 and you get a couple of other sweeteners

To me there don't seem to be a choice for most people, and god forbid if your not platinum or elite level to get the discount on wifi, then there is no choice, plus would be the only logical choice.

If you have to have wifi, and you wish to drink anything, you just have to bight the bullet and pay your $65 per day, or what ever they raise it too.

As for me, the old fossil I am, I can wait for ports and carry on my cans like Sinbad, and I can cruise happily, but for people like the OP its confusing as you wade through a mire of options, as you try to figure which is best for you.

That was the intent of my calculator, so you could work out what you thought you would drink, and be able to make an informed (to some extent) decision.

But to each his own I guess.😄

At $65, I think you need to be a 3 alcoholic drinks per cruise day person, or you never get the value. Some justify their package by internet, but that is optional. The app and phone connects to the ships wi-fi network (wi-fi access is free, internet access from ship to shore is charged).

All of the inclusions are optional inclusions. Standard gives you a fare that is $65 per day cheaper, and anyone has the right to bring non-alcoholic drinks aboard, drink MDR and buffet coffee (at their own risk), bring preferred teabags/coffee sachets aboard, a couple of bottles of cabin wine and "sippy cups" for dodging corkage in the dining room.

The one thing muddied now is that to Ocean Now order via app now incurs a per cruise charge - negligible on a longer cruise, but close to $10 per day on a 3 nighter. Alfredo's also, if you like their pizza.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

You may be right about the cans, I haven't cruised with Princess since 2018, Could be their included in the basic soda package, I can't remember anyone getting cans, always seen soda fountain drinks handed out.

P&O Aust does not have post mix drinks, they just have cans & bottles for soft drink.

Hi, we were on Princess in November last year with family members who had the Plus package. They drink a lot of coke and were getting it in cans to bring back to their cabin. They also brought back cans of ginger beer for us for our cabin - Bundaberg no less - and kept us and their kids supplied with plenty of bottled water. So cans were common place from the bars.

• Like 1