Johnny Rockets

15 hours ago, MichaelCMTX said:

And funny enough @BecciBoo- no more JR on Voyager (were on it last month).  I think that's part of where they moved the spa to.

Looks like Adventure Ocean moved to JR's location. Spa and gym took over AO space.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Currently on Symphony and JR’s is $14.99.   The breakfast offering 

has a few charges for “premium” items if you want them.  This ship has both El Loco and JR’s.

What is considered "premium?"

On 2/9/2024 at 9:12 AM, fletch1027 said:

Also Freedom replaced JR with El Loco Fresh. I wonder as more RC ships get around to their Amp's that more JR's will be replaced with other things...

Yes, I think they will be slowly phasing out JR.  My assumption is JR won't survive the Allure amplification.

1 minute ago, mafig said:

What is considered "premium?"

There are 3 premium items on the breakfast menu with a small charge.

Loaded potato $1.99

Breakfast Burger $4.99

Maple Bacon Shake $2.99

all three $7.99

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2024 at 7:12 AM, fletch1027 said:

Also Freedom replaced JR with El Loco Fresh. I wonder as more RC ships get around to their Amp's that more JR's will be replaced with other things...

Hmm, I don't think so - my Freedom sailing next month shows JR available and still on board.

23 minutes ago, carbon said:

What is the breakfast like?

It's yummy. I especially like the potatoes. It's your traditional American breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, etc.). But remember - just Oasis class ships have the breakfast perk.

On 2/14/2024 at 4:54 AM, TeeRick said:

Currently on Symphony and JR’s is $14.99.   The breakfast offering 

has a few charges for “premium” items if you want them.  This ship has both El Loco and JR’s.

Is that $14.99 for any burger, 1 side, and refillable soda?  Thanks.

On 2/9/2024 at 9:12 AM, fletch1027 said:

Speaking only for myself, I'll take Mexican over a hamburger just about every time -- especially since Windjammer serves burgers at every lunch and dinner.  

41 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Hmmmm that’s strange. 

Post #7 would say otherwise. 

I mentioned earlier in this thread, Johnny Rockets still exists on Freedom. Not sure what fletch1027 was thinking when posting that it wasn't. 

On 2/7/2024 at 12:35 PM, leisuretraveler223 said:

I don't normally balk at pricing on a cruise ship, but JR has me scratching my head. A single fixed charge at a burger joint is a bit odd, as some people order a little, others a lot.  If it was a la carte pricing, I might grab a burger.  But honestly, I would have trouble spending $15 myself at a landside JR.

Even more of an oddity, has ANYONE been to a JR on land lately?  I mean, it was pretty cool thirty years ago, but now it's wildly unremarkable.

My husband and teen went to one in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. They both said it was great. Total cost for 2 meals (and probably dessert or shakes) was $75. Five Guys will easily cost $15 per person in our city. We probably won't go on our upcoming Harmony cruise, unless the teens beg for lunch one day and it isn't busy.

Several years back when I was on HOS and stayed in a Boardwalk Balcony, we received a complimentary meal for Johhny Rockets, is that something that is done anymore? This was in 2019. 

Just personal opinion here, but we've tried JR's several times and i just don't think the burgers are very good...?!? Some times it's nice to have a change of pace and a burger sounds good, but then it's just ok....i don't think i've ever tried the milkshakes, tho and i hear they are great!

On 2/18/2024 at 8:22 PM, Cactus527 said:

I mentioned earlier in this thread, Johnny Rockets still exists on Freedom. Not sure what fletch1027 was thinking when posting that it wasn't. 

My bad - I had read somewhere that post Amp they had replaced JR's with El Loco Fresh but I fell victim to fake news... 🙂

18 hours ago, TravisP said:

Several years back when I was on HOS and stayed in a Boardwalk Balcony, we received a complimentary meal for Johhny Rockets, is that something that is done anymore? This was in 2019. 

Royal no longer offers this perk for any of the staterooms, including Boardwalk balconies

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, just getting ready to head out on Independence of the seas haven’t been a Royal ship in a while. Have been on probably 20 of them , but u have to be kidding me that JR went from like $6.95 to $14.99 . I just saw it on the app . Are they freaking crazy . I mean the place was always empty on every ship I was ever on . U could walk in any time and get served. We always went and loved it . But damn $30 plus tip for burger. I mean we probably still go as we like the change of pace and get free shakes. Can’t imagine it will stay open long on a lot of ships . 

10 hours ago, frito58 said:

I mean we probably still go as we like the change of pace and get free shakes. Can’t imagine it will stay open long on a lot of ships . 

And yet........

16 minutes ago, frito58 said:

And yet I can afford it … family of 5 not so much , that’s my point . 

And my point was that some folks, like you, are still willing to pay those "crazy" prices.

• Like 1