Beverage Package price increase??

uktog

4 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

It is my understanding that if the B2Bs are under the same booking number, the OBC will carry over. That’s what I was told re by B2Bs next fall.

Maybe in some cases but our B2B2B had 3 booking IDs and OBC transfered on each of the last 2 legs 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AJCM said:

just to clarify, we received the 20% discover plus discount.

So to be even more clear (!), you are onboard ( not sure which ship) ,  and Guest Relations tells you that the Ultimate Beverage package is $39.95 per day before discount, and today the Azamara rep on the phone tells us that the price  is and will be  $27.95 before discount when we board  .     Azamara has conflicting information.  . So with all this, I am not sure if I should book prior to sailing next month with lower price reflected on my account but not loyalty discount or wait and book on board ( with two possible prices being given so far and risking  losing the lower price albeit with no discount

We’re on Journey; currently in Adelaide, on a very good cruise. It’s USD39.95 before loyalty discount. The price is printed in documents on board the ship and guest relations absolutely confirmed there has been a price change.

If you’ve been able to pre-book a package at the old rate, I would expect that will be honoured.  

If any Azamara rep stated to me that it’s $27.95, I’d request a confirmation email, so I had something tangible to argue with once I was onboard. The old price was actually $26.95, so I don’t think you can rely on what that rep told you; and I also doubt any confirmation email would help, given that obvious error.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AJCM said:

We’re on Journey; currently in Adelaide, on a very good cruise. It’s USD39.95 before loyalty discount. The price is printed in documents on board the ship and guest relations absolutely confirmed there has been a price change.

If you’ve been able to pre-book a package at the old rate, I would expect that will be honoured.  

If any Azamara rep stated to me that it’s $27.95, I’d request a confirmation email, so I had something tangible to argue with once I was onboard. The old price was actually $26.95, so I don’t think you can rely on what that rep told you; and I also doubt any confirmation email would help, given that obvious error.

Thanks, ACM.  I will be on the Journey next month, so will book the bev package beforehand, to get the price before it is increased.  It is too bad Azamara employees give conflicting information

16 hours ago, tango9 said:

I am thinking of pre purchasing the Experience More package but I have already booked all my shore excursions and do not want to cancel them in order to use the $350 excursion credit onboard, as the excursions I want could be sold out.  Has anyone had any problem getting the Experience More excursion credit credited to one's already paid for shore excursions? 

We bought an experience more package a few days before we set sail. Once on board we were told that as we’d already bought excursions we could spend the OBC any way we wished not just on Spa or Excursions as is specified with package

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rus Tee said:

We bought an experience more package a few days before we set sail. Once on board we were told that as we’d already bought excursions we could spend the OBC any way we wished not just on Spa or Excursions as is specified with package

To someone with their brain in gear, that makes absolute sense, so others shouldn't be surprised to be told that that is against policy!  The alternative scenario is that you cancel and rebook your excursions, resulting in a credit back to your credit card and lower total spend with Azamara.

They seem to have an awful lot of staff that can't see the bigger picture.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

To someone with their brain in gear, that makes absolute sense, so others shouldn't be surprised to be told that that is against policy!  The alternative scenario is that you cancel and rebook your excursions, resulting in a credit back to your credit card and lower total spend with Azamara.

They seem to have an awful lot of staff that can't see the bigger picture.

Or perhaps they do but no longer feel comfortable to express it/act on it 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the very useful information. We board Onward on 01 March. 

Sorry bit of a thread creep. I recall that its possible to have a bartender create a Cosmopolitan by using ingredients available in the included drinks. Anyone know about this?

UKtog, you mentioned the undrinkable Rose.  Do you remember where it was from?  We had some on board last year and it was indeed not good, from the Languedoc. We lived there for years and there is some good Rose available from that region. Hope that Az have latched on to something better. 

And definite thread creep, is Schweppes tonic water available?  If not we’ll have to schlep our own on board. 

15 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Thanks for all the very useful information. We board Onward on 01 March. 

Sorry bit of a thread creep. I recall that its possible to have a bartender create a Cosmopolitan by using ingredients available in the included drinks. Anyone know about this?

UKtog, you mentioned the undrinkable Rose.  Do you remember where it was from?  We had some on board last year and it was indeed not good, from the Languedoc. We lived there for years and there is some good Rose available from that region. Hope that Az have latched on to something better. 

And definite thread creep, is Schweppes tonic water available?  If not we’ll have to schlep our own on board. 

I’ve had cosmo done within the package. Just ask. It’s ok though blind test to the real deal and you would immediately know it was an adaptation. 
Yes the yuk rose had a “solid” taste- can’t describe it properly but it was also too sweet and was from Languedoc

3 hours ago, uktog said:

I’ve had cosmo done within the package. Just ask. It’s ok though blind test to the real deal and you would immediately know it was an adaptation. 
Yes the yuk rose had a “solid” taste- can’t describe it properly but it was also too sweet and was from Languedoc

Thank you Anne! DH will hope they’ll be able to closely follow his recipe for the Cosmo. 

Fingers crossed that a different rose is available, otherwise sadly shall have to avoid. 

• Like 1

Okay, booked the Ultimate Beverage package for $26.95 per day and paid for with my OBCs for our Cruise in September, 2024. The agent who was very helpful told me that there is no talk about increasing the cost, it was almost before I asked, it seemed like she had got a few inquiries concerning that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys. We booked a Feb 25 NZ cruise onboard. ASAP I checked the add ons and was able to purchase ultimate for the old price; fully covered by OBC. I wouldn’t have even tried if not for your sharing of actual a experience. Much appreciated.

• Like 2

Just jumping in on this ..I may be barking up the wrong tree, but, some of the posters are saying they are currently on Australia cruise and being quoted usd39.95. But if you look at current exchange rates aus 39.95 equates to usd 27 ish, does anyone think that someone has their wires crossed somewhere?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cheznick said:

Just jumping in on this ..I may be barking up the wrong tree, but, some of the posters are saying they are currently on Australia cruise and being quoted usd39.95. But if you look at current exchange rates aus 39.95 equates to usd 27 ish, does anyone think that someone has their wires crossed somewhere?

Did cross my mind but it would be unusual for Azamara to price things onboard in anything other than US$. However as Azamara does seem to be changing things it could be a possibility.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cheznick said:

I can assure you it’s USD. They immediately put an AUD holding charge to my credit card, which reflected the exchange rate for USD39.95 (less loyalty discount). But sure, maintain denial of reality if you prefer. As there is presently an anomaly, I recommend anyone who has a cruise booked without the essentials package thrown in and wants the ultimate package;  book it now. Someone in their organisation will soon realise and the chance will be gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJCM said:

I can assure you it’s USD. They immediately put an AUD holding charge to my credit card, which reflected the exchange rate for USD39.95 (less loyalty discount). But sure, maintain denial of reality if you prefer. As there is presently an anomaly, I recommend anyone who has a cruise booked without the essentials package thrown in and wants the ultimate package;  book it now. Someone in their organisation will soon realise and the chance will be gone.

Ok mate not disagreeing, but don’t be stroppy with me, it was just a throw away suggestion. Enjoy your cruise .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BritishLandS said:

We are currently onboard Onward.

The old prices for speciality dining and beverage packages prevail. 😁

Excursions, on the other hand, have increased on boarding by up to 25% on the pre-boarding cost. 🥴

Thanks for the heads up.  The cost of excursions is/was already ridiculous.  Looks like I'll be going home with yet another handbag to spend my OBC (and probably DH's as well 😅).

Would you be so kind as to confirm the price of speciality dining?  Chef's Table?          Thank you.

• Like 1

I see from uktog’s above post that there’s been no increase in the beverage package prices on Quest either. At the risk of being shot down in flames I was wondering if the increase on Journey is anything to do with Australian regulations akin to EU vat rules?

As Journey is soon to be leaving Australasian waters it will be interesting to see what happens, hopefully someone will be able to report on that soon.

Edited by Riocca
  • Like 3

Thanks uktog - it’s very helpful to have an Azamara document on side. I’ve been back to guest relations. The young woman checked with someone responsible who confirmed that the price change was effected on Journey from 21 Jan but hasn’t yet been implemented across the fleet. I’m now waiting for someone in authority to speak to me to explain why it’s fair that we’re charged USD13 per day more than other Azamara guests. 

• Like 3