Beverage Package price increase??

uktog

I have a cruise on the Quest in October.

If I call and upgrade to the Ultimate Beverage Package will I pay $26.95 per day or will they apply my 15% loyalty discount to that?

Also, do me and my husband have to both have the same package?

Thank you.

23 hours ago, Stevenomad said:

Interesting development onboard Journey last night.

I have the Experience More package, which includes the Ultimate drinks.

I asked for the wine list at dinner, and was given it, ie the normal wine list - many pages in a binder.

A couple of minutes later a guy rushed over and explained that I was given the wrong list. He took it away and gave me a small folded cardboard card, saying this was the list for Ultimate.

Price goes up, choices, and presumably quality, goes down. When I pointed this out, he said that the chardonnay is particularly nice.....

That's strange, we're on Pursuit were given the full list and we know that the wines in the Ultimate package are those listed on the menu as Wines By The Glass. We've had the champagne (Piper Heidseck), Whispering Angel and a very nice Albariño

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Grrrrr!  Thanks (?) for the not so good news!

We tried to buy drinks package using OBC and that was not possible, however for the good news: we managed to buy the dining package at the old price for a cruise in may. Give them a call.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, LoveChops said:

That is (I hope it still is) the good thing on Azamara. You don't need both to buy the upgrade

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LoveChops said:

I have a cruise on the Quest in October.

If I call and upgrade to the Ultimate Beverage Package will I pay $26.95 per day or will they apply my 15% loyalty discount to that?

Thank you.

Who would know on the price until you ring. I don’t think you both have to be in the same package but don’t actually know.

We booked a Feb 25 cruise while on board.Thanks to the inside info here I contacted Sydney and applied for the ultimate package, at the prevailing rate of USD26.95 and had on board credit applied (and received a follow up, updated booking confirmation). I assume it will be honoured, even though it’s obvious the price will be considerably higher by then. The phone rep couldn’t apply the loyalty discount; so we’ll try when we’re on board. After recent experience, I’m not confident that the new Azamara will honour that; given that we’ve paid at the old price. Still, we’ll have a crack.

It seems Azamara are "trialing" different price increases on different ships. We've just returned from a Cruise on Journey where as I understand it the price of drinks packages had increased on board although dining packages remained the same ($85 for 3 table package and $95 for Chef's table). Elsewhere (I believe Quest) the prices of drinks packages remains the same but dining packages have increased.

I guess the bad news for all of us is that the price of both dining and drinks are likely to increase across the fleet soon and Azamara are testing the customer base to see how much they can increase packages by. If this is the case I would also expect the price of "Experience More" packages to increase unless the aim is actually to encourage more people to purchase these rather than just individual components.

I was also on the recent Journey sailing Sydney to Fremantle. I have just finished a long wait on hold with AZAMARA Australia and have then discussed the price I was charged for the Ultimate Beverage Package which was very different to what  was listed on the AZAMARA website. The consultant stated Journey have inadvertently priced the ultimate beverage package at $39.95 USD daily instead of the advertised price of $26.00 USD daily. The consultant stated they have used AUD 39.95 by mistake, which was the current exchange rate for AUD/USD. He has escalated the problem to Miami and said I should receive a refund. 
Shall let you all know if there is any response from Miami.

😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Im just trying to get my head around this as I wanted to prebook the ultimate package before our cruise in July and was expecting to be able to do this pre cruise and get my 15% loyalty discount.

Is this something that is not at all possible?

My TA has spoken to the Aza team in Uk and cant seem to get an answer and has had to escalate it, which might take a week for them to even respond.

But are you saying if I had obc (which I dont)  I could buy it online AND get my 15% discount applied somehow.  I am just trying to reason this through

Should I buy some OBC then use it precruise to buy a drinks package (providing I can get 15% discount) now to avoid a price increase.

Does anyone have an explanation why I cant simply prepurchase with the discount? or did I read I can pre purchase with the discount but have to do it with obc

Edited by B17

don't think it is anything to do with using OBC - which you need to phone to use anyway.

It has been the case in the past that the loyalty discount is given when you purchase onboard but not when in advance...not sure if this has changed

Are you sure the price is in USD down under? $26.95USD=$40.26AUD. Every cruise we have done down under the prices have Always been in AUD and should state that on your final documents!

IMG_5084.png

Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance but what # do you call for the Ultimate Package for your next upcoming cruise, I am from Belgium.

Thanks,

John

21 hours ago, JK300 said:

Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance but what # do you call for the Ultimate Package for your next upcoming cruise, I am from Belgium.

Thanks,

Just had a look on their site & there is no contact number for Belgium. The number for France is 097107936 and for the UK +44 (344) 4934016

• Thanks 1

Looks like all the packages have gone up. Just went to book an experience package for our upcoming cruise and it's increased significantly.

We have had an email offering 20% off of internet and  some excursions which must be booked by tomorrow, when I went to book there is also 20% off of the ultimate drinks package. This brings it back down to what it was a few days ago. 

Just boarded Quest and beverage packages are $26.95 for Premium $34.95 for Ultimate, upgrade Premium to Ultimate is still $8 but loyalty discount applies to the upgrade. Also speciality restaurants are $49.95pp we have been assured this pricing is now fleet wide.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Riocca said:

Just boarded Quest and beverage packages are $26.95 for Premium $34.95 for Ultimate, upgrade Premium to Ultimate is still $8 but loyalty discount applies to the upgrade. Also speciality restaurants are $49.95pp we have been assured this pricing is now fleet wide.

These drinks package prices are now showing on their website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Riocca said:

So you get the 10% or whatever off the $8?  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

These drinks package prices are now showing on their website.

I just checked, you are correct however someone currently on Journey has posted a flyer elsewhere showing it at $39.95. They are also reporting you cannot upgrade in the second half of the cruise eg after day six of a twelve night 

It also seems that there is no decent rose on the ultimate upgrade on Journey 🙁

Edited by uktog

1 hour ago, uktog said:

So you get the 10% or whatever off the $8?  

Yes at Discoverer Plus we paid $6.40 per day.

Plenty of Whispering Angel onboard Quest and there’s a new Scottish Gin on the Ultimate Package called Botanist.

Strange thing is the flyers on Quest shows a picture of the Atlas Bar and specifically mentions it in the text.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Plenty of Whispering Angel onboard Quest and there’s a new Scottish Gin on the Ultimate Package called Botanist.

Strange thing is the flyers on Quest shows a picture of the Atlas Bar and specifically mentions it in the text.

Thanks - wonder what rule applies when we get to Journey!!

I tried to drink them dry of Botanist in Antarctica (for the purpose of warming me up you understand). It’s one of my favourites at home having discovered it visiting the distillery on the beautiful island of Islay

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Yes, we had Botanist on Pursuit.