Beverage Package price increase??

uktog

2 hours ago, AJCM said:

Thanks uktog - it’s very helpful to have an Azamara document on side. I’ve been back to guest relations. The young woman checked with someone responsible who confirmed that the price change was effected on Journey from 21 Jan but hasn’t yet been implemented across the fleet. I’m now waiting for someone in authority to speak to me to explain why it’s fair that we’re charged USD13 per day more than other Azamara guests. 

11 minutes ago, AJCM said:

I’ve had a win, so thanks again

Does the second quote mean you got the extra charges removed?  If so, congrats!  Do you think it means they will rescind this change on Journey and not extend them to the rest of the fleet?  If so, we are all in your debt!!!

Yes; they’ve scaled back our charges to 26.95 less loyalty.

No; the cost profile has increased since moving away from the buying power of RC; so the cost will be increased across the fleet. This is just another instance where Azamara on land can be quite poor. You’d have thought they would be coordinated on an issue like this but maybe they’ve just been testing the response on one ship before committing to a 50% price rise. Who knows - maybe they’ve found it’s too much and the rise might be lower when implemented fleet wide.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AJCM said:

Yes; they’ve scaled back our charges to 26.95 less loyalty.

No; the cost profile has increased since moving away from the buying power of RC; so the cost will be increased across the fleet. This is just another instance where Azamara on land can be quite poor. You’d have thought they would be coordinated on an issue like this but maybe they’ve just been testing the response on one ship before committing to a 50% price rise. Who knows - maybe they’ve found it’s too much and the rise might be lower when implemented fleet wide.

It's certainly too much for the wines on the published list – and WAY too much when those wines aren't actually available.  Luckily my next cruise goes to Rouen on the first day – I plan to buy my wines for the cruise then...

• Like 1

I’m disappointed that Sycamore hasn’t reviewed their drinks offering post RC acquisition  it’s far too complicated.  I’d like to see a slight tickle in the “included” offering and a single “top shelf” upgrade.

11 hours ago, AJCM said:

Thanks uktog - it’s very helpful to have an Azamara document on side. I’ve been back to guest relations. The young woman checked with someone responsible who confirmed that the price change was effected on Journey from 21 Jan but hasn’t yet been implemented across the fleet. I’m now waiting for someone in authority to speak to me to explain why it’s fair that we’re charged USD13 per day more than other Azamara guests. 

Please let us know what "someone in authority" tells you as to why guests on one ship are charged so much more than guests on Azamara's other ships . And why then are we misled by the price listed on Azamara's website for the Ultimate Beverage package  Thanks

There is another thread which I think goes hand in hand with this one to some extent, regarding whether or not the Azamara experience has changed.   To me, this kind of treatment signals a change in corporate policy that is bound to affect the onboard experience. If one comes on board and is unhappy about unfair charges, and new higher prices for premium dining, and chef's table and excursions that weren't booked in advance -  that affects the whole experience. Just my opinion (and my feelings after 30 days onboard ) 

Okay, I booked the Ultimate beverage package last week for $26.95 for our Sept 11, 2024 departure. The agent explained that she has had numerous calls about an increase and NO, the package has not increased. I was able to pay for it with OBCs as well.

• Like 1

I just purchased the Ultimate beverage package on Pursuit for $26.95 USD per day with a 20% discount on that price for my Discoverer Plus loyalty level.  Regards, Paul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paf225 said:

I just purchased the Ultimate beverage package on Pursuit for $26.95 USD per day with a 20% discount on that price for my Discoverer Plus loyalty level.  Regards, Paul

I assume you are currently on board the ship if you were able to get your loyalty discount?  So, is Azamara testing the waters to see how much the market will bear?

1 hour ago, BuddyR said:

I assume you are currently on board the ship if you were able to get your loyalty discount?  So, is Azamara testing the waters to see how much the market will bear?

You assume correctly.  I boarded Pursuit a few hours ago and dropped by the Pool Bar and upgraded to the Ultimate package.  The transaction, including the application of my loyalty discount, was completed in a couple minutes by a barman using a tablet.  I’ve attached the advertisement for beverage packages from today’s Insider.  They well could be testing the waters but there has to be a better way then upsetting all the guests considering an upgrade on one ship.  Regards, Paul

IMG_7007.jpeg

Interesting development onboard Journey last night.

I have the Experience More package, which includes the Ultimate drinks.

I asked for the wine list at dinner, and was given it, ie the normal wine list - many pages in a binder.

A couple of minutes later a guy rushed over and explained that I was given the wrong list. He took it away and gave me a small folded cardboard card, saying this was the list for Ultimate.

Price goes up, choices, and presumably quality, goes down. When I pointed this out, he said that the chardonnay is particularly nice.....

18 minutes ago, Stevenomad said:

I asked for the wine list at dinner, and was given it, ie the normal wine list - many pages in a binder.

A couple of minutes later a guy rushed over and explained that I was given the wrong list. He took it away and gave me a small folded cardboard card, saying this was the list for Ultimate.

Price goes up, choices, and presumably quality, goes down. When I pointed this out, he said that the chardonnay is particularly nice.....

The inconsistency of information, knowledge and application appears mind boggling at the moment.  

• Like 2

On 2/18/2024 at 11:31 AM, cruisingaussies said:

Thanks for the heads up.  The cost of excursions is/was already ridiculous.  Looks like I'll be going home with yet another handbag to spend my OBC (and probably DH's as well 😅).

Would you be so kind as to confirm the price of speciality dining?  Chef's Table?          Thank you.

Speciality is $35 pp and Chef's Table $95pp

4 hours ago, Stevenomad said:

The wine list is not what is included in the Ultimate Package. The wine list is bottles for sale. You would want to see the wine list per glass for your package, which I presume was the one you were given. Happens some time when you ask for the wine list..😁🍾

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Stevenomad said:

Yes, that has always been the case. You don't want the "wine list" which is the list of wines available on the ship for sale by the bottle, but you want the "list of wines on the Ultimate Package" which will give you the wines that are available and included in your package, and served by the glass. There are times that the wines available on the Ultimate Package are not up to date on the written list, so you may be better off to just ask for a verbal list. 

• Like 2