Barefoot beach standard cabanas vs Columbus Cove bungalows at Labadee

We are trying to choose between the standard cabana at Barefoot and the bungalow at Columbus Cove.  Anyone have pictures or preferences?  It seems like the standard ones may not be as close to the beach as the others.

Edited by magicsoccer
Typo

• magicsoccer changed the title to Barefoot beach standard cabanas vs Columbus Cove bungalows at Labadee

We had a bungalow in Columbus Cove... We loved it.

IMG_0676.thumb.jpeg.91c2edc6b33c113ad3e0b39f0f4147d6.jpeg

there we also 4 lounger right up near the water that were reserved for our exclusive use.  Sorry I didn't get pics of those.

• Like 2

Slightly off topic (well, may WAY off topic) but I noticed today that the Labadee Over-the-water cabanas for our 6-6-24 and 8-15-24 Indy sailings are listed for $799.  That's still WAAYTOOO much and I would never pay it but it's nearly half price from what I've seen the OTW cabanas going for recently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Wow! Thanks for the heads up...

I just scored a great deal!

image.thumb.png.28fc8b9d74dac262c2a16d562bda34dc.png

We grabbed one too!  See you at the hilltop!  Canceled the bungalow we had reserved because this was cheaper (and in my opinion better).

• Like 2

I can't compare them since I've only experienced a bungalow at CC, but DH and I loved the bungalow and the location. When we were there (a few years ago), the cost of the bungalow was considerably cheaper than any of the cabanas. We loved being right on the beach and having easy access to the water. The area was roped off from the public beach area next to it, and for the most part only people who rented the bungalows were in the water in front of them. It was a very relaxing day. A couple of pics:

image.jpeg.15526e6ab8d8d2a5da21356fb90d0013.jpeg

image.jpeg.aeea3541e0d9b00132c25b254d5e6c1b.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MLAW said:

We grabbed one too!  See you at the hilltop!  Canceled the bungalow we had reserved because this was cheaper (and in my opinion better).

Awesome. Maybe we will be neighbors 

😀

My wife says we're going to be spoiled now!  First we got our RoyalUp to the JR suite yesterday and now scoring this Cabana!  I'm feeling pretty uppity right now.  

To the OP. Sorry for all the highjacking of your thread. You can't go wrong with either decision. Pick whichever one you feel is the best deal.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Barefoot beach for suite only guest.  Better food offered.  

Not so much😞 

3 hours ago, MLAW said:

Only way for non suite guest to enter the area is to rent a cabana.  Anyone can rent them now.

Because no one wants to pay the inflated prices.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Not so much😞 

Because no one wants to pay the inflated prices.

Wow.  Didn’t know that.  Honestly I wouldn’t rent any cabana if that is true.   We had rented on a couple of cruises, but overall labedee nothing like cococay.  Service was poor on our last cruise not worth it.  

On 2/8/2024 at 2:09 PM, Tree_skier said:

there we also 4 lounger right up near the water that were reserved for our exclusive use.  

Wait, really? Sweet! 

I booked a bungalow for our upcoming trip, and now I'm looking forward to it even more! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tracy Po said:

Wait, really? Sweet! 

I booked a bungalow for our upcoming trip, and now I'm looking forward to it even more! 

You won't be disappointed... We loved ours and were disappointed that they haven't gone on sale again for our trip next week.  Even BF the price was still higher than I wanted to pay.  This score on the Hilltop Cabana I got for next week will be good to contrast our experience with the Bungalow.  

I'll check back in on this thread in a couple of weeks with my thoughts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

You won't be disappointed... We loved ours and were disappointed that they haven't gone on sale again for our trip next week.  Even BF the price was still higher than I wanted to pay.  This score on the Hilltop Cabana I got for next week will be good to contrast our experience with the Bungalow.  

I'll check back in on this thread in a couple of weeks with my thoughts.

I am not complaining I promise, but I still don't understand why the hilltop cabanas dropped so much in price compared to any of the other cabanas and cheaper than the bungalows.  During our first visit to Labadee, which has to be over 15 years ago, we were lucky enough to rent a hilltop cabana the night before despite not staying in a suite.  We loved the privacy!  But for those who want to be right by the beach, it might not be for them.  I am excited to have another opportunity to have the cabana for the day.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MLAW said:

I am not complaining I promise, but I still don't understand why the hilltop cabanas dropped so much in price compared to any of the other cabanas and cheaper than the bungalows.  During our first visit to Labadee, which has to be over 15 years ago, we were lucky enough to rent a hilltop cabana the night before despite not staying in a suite.  We loved the privacy!  But for those who want to be right by the beach, it might not be for them.  I am excited to have another opportunity to have the cabana for the day.   

I was shocked at the price too.  I'm just thankful and looking forward to a great day at Labadee...  I've got The Haiti coastal cruise booked as well as a zipline.  I'm quite stoked for the day. 🙂 

• Like 2