HA Elite Beverage Package - What's included

31 minutes ago, JimmyZ-1987 said:

Are specialty coffees, i.e. Mocha, Latte, Espresso, included with the Elite Beverage Package?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Yes, espresso coffees (and drip coffee at the Grand Dutch Cafe on Pinnacle class ships) are covered by Quench, Signature, and Elite Beverage Packages. On the Elite (only) non-alcoholic beverages do not count against your 15 alloted items!

PS you can even have a double shot of espresso!

ETA: I have heard that the one thing not covered by any of the BPs is fresh squeezed orange juice, even though its price is under the cutoff. 😕

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, crystalspin said:

ETA: I have heard that the one thing not covered by any of the BPs is fresh squeezed orange juice, even though its price is under the cutoff. 😕

this must be new?  It was included on our Rotterdam cruise last Fall.  

I would hope it would still be included.

What does it cost to upgrade to Elite from the Signature package included with HIA once you get onboard? Is it still true with the Signature package that you only pay the difference for drink prices that are higher than $11 (plus 18%)? One of the cruise lines we sailed recently charged you the entire cost of the drink if it was over the limit, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't HAL.

7 minutes ago, EMc&DrS said:

What does it cost to upgrade to Elite from the Signature package included with HIA once you get onboard? Is it still true with the Signature package that you only pay the difference for drink prices that are higher than $11 (plus 18%)? One of the cruise lines we sailed recently charged you the entire cost of the drink if it was over the limit, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't HAL.

I think it is $10 per day per person - hopefully someone will correct me or confirm.

If the drink is over the $11 - yes, HAL just charges the difference.  It used to be the entire cost of the drink but thankfully it changed a while ago to the difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kazu said:

this must be new?  It was included on our Rotterdam cruise last Fall.  
I would hope it would still be included.

There was a whole thread about it. Maybe juice at the Gelato stand or Deli? I am not a fan of orange juice in general so I didn't read it with much attention.

5 hours ago, EMc&DrS said:

What does it cost to upgrade to Elite from the Signature package included with HIA once you get onboard? 

I have read but not done myself: $10 + 18% or $11.80pppd. All adults in the cabin much upgrade. Must be done before you have used the Signature plan at all. See a bartender, not server.

30 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

There was a whole thread about it. Maybe juice at the Gelato stand or Deli? I am not a fan of orange juice in general so I didn't read it with much attention.

I think it was the Gelato and only there but my memory can be faint at times 😉 

I believe the OJ in the MDR and Lido are included in the package.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know where I could find an actual list of what beverages (wines, mixed drinks, and other beverages) that are included on the Elite Package?

Can you have your beverage gratuities debitted against your OBC at Guest Services?

4 minutes ago, bfgood2 said:

Does anyone know where I could find an actual list of what beverages (wines, mixed drinks, and other beverages) that are included on the Elite Package?

Can you have your beverage gratuities debitted against your OBC at Guest Services?

There won't be any gratuities on drinks if they are under the price limits on the drink plan.

• Thanks 1

Keep in mind the inclusion/inventory list is a guideline. Not all ships will have everything listed, and on a ship not all bars will have the same selection. However, many of the well known beers and liquors will be widely available. 

Last month, on Westerdam, we had the Signature package and were barely grazed by the recently increased prices. My bloody Marys were at or below the cutoff, and same for my Bombay Sapphires. Our Chivas Regals were also within the limit. For a couple of days the Crow's Nest was out of Chivas; when we switched to Johnny Walker Black, the upcharge was something like $0.59.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Petronillus said:

Last month, on Westerdam, we had the Signature package and were barely grazed by the recently increased prices. My bloody Marys were at or below the cutoff, and same for my Bombay Sapphires. Our Chivas Regals were also within the limit. For a couple of days the Crow's Nest was out of Chivas; when we switched to Johnny Walker Black, the upcharge was something like $0.59.

Just curious - I figure everything will be different by the time of our transpacific next Spring - you mentioned Chivas as included, even though it is not listed on the brochure referenced above. Evidently, it is a “many more” inclusion at the bottom. Are there any single malts available on either package?

Our booking came with the Early Booking Bonus, so we have the Elite package. I was hoping for at least one single malt to be included.

As of last month Chivas Regal was available at most bars onboard and did not exceed the $11 signature package limit. I think that all the single malts were above our pay grade. At home my favorite tipple is Ardbeg Uigeadail, but on board high-end blends are satisfactory. 

I wasn't on the lookout for single malts but IIRC the stop shelf had Glenfiddich, Glenmorangie, and the like.