Azamazing Evenings – coming back?

excitedofharpenden

Azamara had an onshore Amazing evening on the July Pursuit 12 night cruise,  (FYI the Journey was docked next to us and they had a different offshore Amazing evening).

When we returned to the ship about 3 and one hours later we were greeted by a red carpet, musical greeting before boarding the ship for desserts and snacks.

• Like 1

We’re on the second leg of a Back to Back. The Norway Intensive had an offshore event (although at a different venue than originally indicated), and the Iceland cruise has an onboard event. We had 2 offshore events last year in Kusadasi and Kotor, neither of which I could attend because of walking difficulties.

• Like 1

Great News!!  We just received an e-mail from Azamara this morning for our October 12, 2024 cruise from Boston to Montreal notifying us that the AzAmazing evening will now be off-board in Quebec City on October 22nd at the Mamege Militaire de Quebec Theatre for a performance of "A Night with Machine de Circue".  This replaces an onboard event previously scheduled for Saguenay.  

• Like 8

On 8/5/2024 at 7:40 AM, bunnybeck said:

We are on Norway June 2025 and just saw that our evening is in Trondheim for a “Concert at Nidaros Cathedral”.

Our recent July 13 one was to be there, but the venue was changed without advices to guests prior. I found out only when I enquired onboard as it wasn't mentioned in the Voyger. The replacment venue was okay and I was pleased that we had the forsight to book entry to the cathedral on our own.  Something you should not miss either way.  The first reason I was given onboard for the change was guests complained last time it was held there as there was/is no air conditioning (really in a cathedral nearly 1000 years old?).  However when we visit independently they were setting for for a 4-7 day festival (including stages etc) so I'm thinking it became 'unavailable'.  Check for festivals in Trondheim for your dates. At least it wasn't held onboard.

On 8/6/2024 at 5:07 AM, seaventuregal said:

Great News!!  We just received an e-mail from Azamara this morning for our October 12, 2024 cruise from Boston to Montreal notifying us that the AzAmazing evening will now be off-board in Quebec City on October 22nd at the Mamege Militaire de Quebec Theatre for a performance of "A Night with Machine de Circue".  This replaces an onboard event previously scheduled for Saguenay.  

Interesting as we are on the 2 following cruises from 24/10 and our evenings is scheduled for NYC and the Carribbean, both onboard.  Sure hope we get the same email soon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlohaO said:

How do I find the amazing evening for my cruise?

On an evening with late departure. Details you may find in the excursions list with price 0.

On the first of our B2B, "AzAmazing Evening" is a choice under "Interest" for excursions. It is onboard. On the second, I found it by manual searching. Is is onshore.

we just received notice that on our upcoming med cruise that changed the azamazing night in livorno from onboard to onshore….we’re excited for that

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, gowilk said:

we just received notice that on our upcoming med cruise that changed the azamazing night in livorno from onboard to onshore….we’re excited for that

Wonderful! I'm happy for you.

Maybe there's hope for my December cruise, after all. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Wonderful! I'm happy for you.

Maybe there's hope for my December cruise, after all. 

It looks like Azamara is definitely trying to schedule the AzAmazing events offshore!  I think they are more special and memora so good to hear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gowilk said:

I'm on the same cruise, departing from Monte Carlo on 7 October, and just received the same message.I suspect that more and more AzAmazing events will be scheduled to offshore locations as time goes on ...

We've been travelling for a few days and are only now catching up with emails. We recd. this from AZ on Thursday to inform us that there is an Azamazing evening in Rhodes on our short upcoming cruise at the end of the month and it looks interesting.  We've had some really fantastic Azamazing evenings over the years, Manilla, Montevideo and Bali spring to mind. This one sounds great...

Dear Guest,

Your scheduled AzAmazing Evening Onboard for your sailing on Azamara Journey, August 31st, 2024, in Rhodes, Greece has been upgraded to an AzAmazing Evening. We believe this change will provide you with a truly memorable, authentic experience that immerses you deeper into the local culture.

Here are some exciting things you can expect during the AzAmazing Evening –  Knights and Opera at the Grand Masters Palace.

The Grand Masters Palace was originally built in the late 7th century as a Byzantine Citadel and was converted into a palace by the Knights of the order of St John of Jerusalem, to be used by their Grand Master as his Headquarters. In 1310 the Knights took possession of the island of Rhodes and became known as the Knights of Rhodes.

Join us in an enchanting evening of a musical tribute to the Knights of Rhodes at Promachonas, one of the inner rampart courtyards of the Palace with knights in armor and official dress lining the entrance to the venue. Enjoy a cocktail, sit back and relax under a star studded sky listening to a specially selected music and repertoire sung by a soprano and tenor.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

AZAMARA®

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2024 at 7:57 AM, Mrs Miggins said:

How wonderful - such a great location.  Just hope the same thing happens on our Onward cruise in September.  On board is not the same !

Indeed, definitely with you on that!

Ours (i.e.you too) is the one that ends in MC 7th October, the following cruise is reported as recently notified it's off ship so I'm assuming we'd have heard by now if the current onboard listing offered for ours was going to change.

🤞 🤞 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up to a great email from Azamara!

Your scheduled AzAmazing Evening Onboard for your sailing on Azamara Pursuit on September 26, 2024, in Thessaloniki, Greece, has been upgraded to an AzAmazing Evening. We believe this change will provide you with a truly memorable, authentic experience that immerses you deeper into the local culture.

Here are some exciting things you can expect during the AzAmazing Evening – Alexander Macedonia.

Experience the grandeur of history at the Ceremony Hall of Aristotle University, where a mesmerizing event unfolds. A symphony of artistry takes center stage with 35 musicians, a soprano, and a conductor converging to weave a musical tapestry that brings to life the epic tale of Alexander of Macedonia. This monumental performance transcends time, immersing the audience in the legendary exploits of one of history's greatest conquerors.

Accompanying this orchestral mastery, a choir of 40 members elevates the narrative with their harmonious voices, adding depth and emotion to the portrayal. The Ceremony Hall, steeped in academia and culture, provides an awe-inspiring backdrop for this immersive experience. As the music swells and the story unfolds, the audience will be transported to ancient realms, witnessing Alexander's triumphs and challenges, all brought to vivid life through the power of music. This event promises an unforgettable journey through the annals of history, leaving an indelible mark on all who bear witness to its splendor.

• Like 7

Interesting language- “your evening has been upgraded”. I think for the sake of those having onboard experiences maybe changed would be more sensitive 😀

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Woke up to a great email from Azamara!

Your scheduled AzAmazing Evening Onboard for your sailing on Azamara Pursuit on September 26, 2024, in Thessaloniki, Greece, has been upgraded to an AzAmazing Evening. We believe this change will provide you with a truly memorable, authentic experience that immerses you deeper into the local culture.

Here are some exciting things you can expect during the AzAmazing Evening – Alexander Macedonia.

Experience the grandeur of history at the Ceremony Hall of Aristotle University, where a mesmerizing event unfolds. A symphony of artistry takes center stage with 35 musicians, a soprano, and a conductor converging to weave a musical tapestry that brings to life the epic tale of Alexander of Macedonia. This monumental performance transcends time, immersing the audience in the legendary exploits of one of history's greatest conquerors.

Accompanying this orchestral mastery, a choir of 40 members elevates the narrative with their harmonious voices, adding depth and emotion to the portrayal. The Ceremony Hall, steeped in academia and culture, provides an awe-inspiring backdrop for this immersive experience. As the music swells and the story unfolds, the audience will be transported to ancient realms, witnessing Alexander's triumphs and challenges, all brought to vivid life through the power of music. This event promises an unforgettable journey through the annals of history, leaving an indelible mark on all who bear witness to its splendor.

We had this one last October.  It was excellent (though don't rush to be early there, as the wine served was anything but excellent!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

All of the cruisers in the next few months are very lucky that your AzAmazing Evening is being changed back to an onshore experience. I'm sailing Pursuit Sept. 8, our AzAmazing evening is Sept. 12 while in Kotor from 8:00am to 10:00pm. We are the only ship scheduled in Kotor that day but will not dock, we have to tender. So our evening has to be on the ship. I'm quite disappointed. Having to tender in to a port where the ship is there late into the evening makes it difficult to spend time on land after dinner, to take a walk. Having been to Kotor twice before and always docked, I can't understand the reason why Pursuit isn't docking. I know there's plenty of space for a ship this size.

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

All of the cruisers in the next few months are very lucky that your AzAmazing Evening is being changed back to an onshore experience. I'm sailing Pursuit Sept. 8, our AzAmazing evening is Sept. 12 while in Kotor from 8:00am to 10:00pm. We are the only ship scheduled in Kotor that day but will not dock, we have to tender. So our evening has to be on the ship.....

Ours isn't either, it's scheduled as an onboard event....Onward, 30th September.