Disembarkation - for people who are not in a rush?

mkkao924

For our upcoming cruise, our flight home is in the evening so we have a lot of time to kill.

I am wondering what's MDR / buffet's hour on disembarkation day?

I assume we have to clean out our stateroom and bring our carry-on with us to the dining room, is that correct?

Can we just chill in the MDR / buffet until our number is called?

Typically what's the latest time that we have to get off the ship?

Generally the hours for seating for breakfast in the MDR, Blu and Luminae end at 8 AM on disembarkation day.  The stateroom attendants have very busy days and want folks to clear out of the staterooms at 8 AM.  Depending on the disembarkation port disembarking passengers will need to leave the ship somewhere around 9:30 AM.  The final call will be very clear.

Some cruises offer extended stays  at a price. You need to leave your cabin at the usual time but have use of all the facilities until about 1 o’clock. You can find these on shore excursions for the last day. 

IMG_9041.jpeg

IMG_9042.png

6 hours ago, mkkao924 said:

For our upcoming cruise, our flight home is in the evening so we have a lot of time to kill.

I assume we have to clean out our stateroom and bring our carry-on with us to the dining room, is that correct?

Even when cruising in top suites they want you off the ship 9ish…

Rather than have a waste of a day why not book a day room at a hotel…Leave the ship at your own pace then head to a hotel for a nice lunch, swim and shower and head off for your flight refreshed and relaxed…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alcairns said:

Some cruises offer extended stays  at a price. You need to leave your cabin at the usual time but have use of all the facilities until about 1 o’clock. You can find these on shore excursions for the last day. 

IMG_9041.jpeg

IMG_9042.png

This program is not offered in the USA due to regulations requiring all ship passengers be cleared through immigration before the next group of passengers can embark.

Motto for disembarkation day: Here's your hat; here's your coat; don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

This program is not offered in the USA due to regulations requiring all ship passengers be cleared through immigration before the next group of passengers can embark.

Motto for disembarkation day: Here's your hat; here's your coat; don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Thanks I wasn’t aware of that. However the OP did not provide details of the cruise she was on so May still be of value to them or other readers. 

8 hours ago, mkkao924 said:

Where is your cruise?

9 hours ago, mkkao924 said:

On our last two Solstice sailings, the latest you could disembark varied between 9:10 am (Sydney, Jan 2020) and 10:30 am (Hong Kong, Jan 2024).  Below are the links to the disembarkation schedule that the ship published for those two sailings.  The information also includes the hours that breakfast was available at the various dining rooms.

Jan 2020, Solstice, Sydney

Jan 2024, Solstice, Hong Kong

Vancouver is a beautiful city.  The idea of taking either a Celebrity tour or a independently arranged tour of Vancouver with a drop off at YVR is a great idea.

Since the OP has an evening flight, think about a shore excursion excursion that ends with an airport drop-off. 

Years ago we did an Everglades tour and airboat ride on departure day with a drop off at FLL. 

Thank you all for the suggestions!

We will disembark at Vancouver (Alaska cruise), and I do have post-cruise excursion in mind. We can either do a private tour (group of 10), or a bus tour.

I asked about the time, was because there are some flexibility (for the private tour), and I know for sure even if we are one of the last group to get off, we can still make that tour and eventually drop off at airport. Just don't want to rush and stuck in line (and don't want to get up at 5:30am to get off).

13 minutes ago, mkkao924 said:

We will disembark at Vancouver (Alaska cruise), and I do have post-cruise excursion in mind. We can either do a private tour (group of 10), or a bus tour.

I asked about the time, was because there are some flexibility (for the private tour), and I know for sure even if we are one of the last group to get off, we can still make that tour and eventually drop off at airport. Just don't want to rush and stuck in line (and don't want to get up at 5:30am to get off).

I hope you have an awesome Alaskan cruise.

26 minutes ago, mkkao924 said:

We have a Hawaii to Vancouver cruise on Royal in May and with an even later flight at 10:30 PM we are getting a hotel room in Vancouver so we can relax, walk around town, have a nice dinner, then head out to the airport. We're flying Jetblue to NYC and having done this exact flight last year we know what to expect. In Vancouver there's a whole separate terminal wing for flights back to the USA which also clears Immigration and Customs at YVR. After that there's not much in the terminal and even the airport lounge in that wing closes somewhat early. 

• Thanks 2