Woodford Reserve and question

PRH

We drink Woodford Reserve Old Fashioneds.  Recently it seems that Viking stocks only a very limited amount of Woodford such that it is gone pretty quickly.  We’ve typically been offered Wild Turkey or Jack Daniel’s—neither of which appeal to us.  This has been true on Ocean and even more so on River and Expedition. We are on a 21 day Transatlantic in March.  We are thinking about taking two large bottles of Woodford with us.  Will a Viking bar hold these bottles for us and reserve them to make our Old Fashioneds?  Since no mixers are involved, not sure what Viking would charge us.  Anyone have any experience doing this?  Thanks!

• Like 1

Bourbon guy here also.

No experience with what you want to do.  Was on Star December/January 2024.  Enjoyed Woodford Reserve at different bars.  Was on SSBP.  Was never told it was in short supply.

Will be back on Star 18 March 2024, TA.

Hope they still stock it.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PRH said:

We drink Woodford Reserve Old Fashioneds.  Recently it seems that Viking stocks only a very limited amount of Woodford such that it is gone pretty quickly.  We’ve typically been offered Wild Turkey or Jack Daniel’s—neither of which appeal to us.  This has been true on Ocean and even more so on River and Expedition. We are on a 21 day Transatlantic in March.  We are thinking about taking two large bottles of Woodford with us.  Will a Viking bar hold these bottles for us and reserve them to make our Old Fashioneds?  Since no mixers are involved, not sure what Viking would charge us.  Anyone have any experience doing this?  Thanks!

Are you bringing your own bitters? Demerara syrup? Luxardo cherries? Lemon Twist? Etc.?

29 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Are you bringing your own bitters? Demerara syrup? Luxardo cherries? Lemon Twist? Etc.?

No, which is why I asked if anyone knew what they might charge.  None of them are mixers like tonic (which does show on price list) but they are ingredients.  

The last four cruises we’ve been on, it was gone within six days.  When the bar manager checked stock, there was none.  Guess we cruise with heavy Woodford drinkers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PRH said:

The last four cruises we’ve been on, it was gone within six days.  When the bar manager checked stock, there was none.  Guess we cruise with heavy Woodford drinkers!

You are not supposed to drink half a bottle a day....or are you :)??? Ha ha

• Haha 1

Some will protest loudly, but give the head bartender at your favorite bar (Explorers Lounge?) a $20 bill on your first day and ask. I suspect, from experience, they will accommodate you.

Let the flaming begin! 😎🏴‍☠️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Some will protest loudly, but give the head bartender at your favorite bar (Explorers Lounge?) a $20 bill on your first day and ask. I suspect, from experience, they will accommodate you.

Let the flaming begin! 😎🏴‍☠️

I do that on every cruise.

Give your people a little up front, and they will look out for you

On 2/14/2024 at 8:37 AM, FetaCheese said:

Bourbon guy here also.

No experience with what you want to do.  Was on Star December/January 2024.  Enjoyed Woodford Reserve at different bars.  Was on SSBP.  Was never told it was in short supply.

Will be back on Star 18 March 2024, TA.

Hope they still stock it.  

We shall raise a glass together! I'm a bourbon girl, and Woodford Reserve is my go-to brand! 

• Like 2