Live Review Koningsdam Feb 17-March 23, 2024. Hawaii/Tahiti

I would bet dollars to donuts fanning will be cancelled. Ships rarely make it into Fanning island anyway.

I’m just hopeful that the person will be ok and shame on the people who expressed outright disappointment in turning around. That’s some bad karma right there. The universe  noticed. 

• Like 16

19 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I would bet dollars to donuts fanning will be cancelled. Ships rarely make it into Fanning island anyway.

I’m just hopeful that the person will be ok and shame on the people who expressed outright disappointment in turning around. That’s some bad karma right there. The universe  noticed. 

I haven’t heard anyone complain about the turning around. If I did I’d be asking how they’d feel if it was them or a loved one.  

• Like 6

I think I had noro once and pretty sure I picked it up on the travel day prior to sailing.  It was not a good time.

I've now had Covid twice.  Got it while on the Zuiderdam Alaska B2B in June 2022 and got it a month ago while on Eurodam.  And I'm as vaccinated/boosted as possible.  Symptoms both times were mild and this time, none of my travel companions caught it.  I did have to visit the infirmary during the first week for a UTI infection, so my resistance was probably low.  Hope I'm done with Covid for a while.  At least I don't seem to have the brain fog that really affected me the first time, for several months.  That's good since it's tax season and that's tough enough when your brain is fully functional!

I may have a look at excursions tomorrow evening (if I don't forget).

Really enjoying all the pics.  Keep them coming, please!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mustgo said:

Are Hawaiian ambassadors on the ship with ukulele lessons as they are on a Hawaii cruise?

@mustgoYes- they stay on until Papeete.  Ukelele lessons, tahitian dance lessons and at 5pm they do sing, dance and play ukelele in the crows nest.  They are great

• Like 11

Aloha!  
I posted on our regular site too. HAL told me they could not support for coffee, etc in the game room till all our symptoms settle down. We had the GI stuff and missed Kauai completely. Mine for just 18 hours, but Arthur for 48 and Jewel for 72 + recovery time now for her- so our excursions in Honolulu were short. We have a connecting door, and all we really here is their coughing- they’ve been suffering for 5 days now.

Anyway, probably best not to be sharing cards and games right now with different groups.

I do have brand new Rummikub and Sequence games that have not been played, and 5 Crowns game not played on this cruise yet, if anyone wants to borrow same.  Just call me at 0-4116, and we can agree to meet.

Maybe back in business after a few days, or hopefully by the return stretch to San Diego. I’ve but a couple books down in the library for exchange.

Mahalo! And stay well!  (Love that Meclizine!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Update for those that didn’t hear it from the Captain when he spoke.   Evacuation will be delayed an hour longer so the ship can get closer to land.  Hoping the patient is stable & makes a full recovery.

Edited by canadianbear
  • Like 2

It's fortuitous that this medical emergency didn't happen when you were further south and in the middle of nowhere. Sending prayers for the passenger's safety and recovery.

• Like 5

Not much to report today. Did some tai chi. Then did some

Dancing. Then napped. Then pool. Then walked. Then napped. Then met friends for drinks. Currently enjoying happy hour in the crows nest.

The helicopter rendezvous keeps getting pushed back. Originally for 6:00. Then 7:30. It’s 9:00 and we are still cruising at 20knots toward Kona.

D0 want to give a huge shout out to Callaire, a nail tech in the spa. She is very professional and takes her job seriously. I had a shellac nail chip after just one week and she fixed it complementary because she wants customers to be genuinely happy with the job. Highly recommend her if you want a mani/pedi. I appreciate someone who stands behind their work. 

Tonight is formal night. Quite a few dressed up. Reviews of tonight’s entertainment were very poor. Last night everyone seemed to love it and I thought the Hawaiian Luau entertainment was great the night before. Everything one could want from a luau besides an ocean breeze and fire dancers.

They offered escargot in the lido. I totally skipped dinner. I just can’t eat like I used to. I’m making up the calories In liquid form 

Some deets from today-

E3B2BCB6-85DE-4927-A7F3-479E22494077.jpeg

3B012093-2311-4413-AF0A-4890C85D6717.png

8D850240-648C-43DC-9AFE-248944B0C2ED.png

7BF9E079-93A8-4645-BACE-A0359B140A38.png

A7ED51D0-B894-4676-A1EE-DC3A1A3832B4.jpeg

CA8621F6-A26C-45F9-A660-E97CFF869F60.jpeg

AB55D19B-5527-4A1A-83AD-21037BA7EABD.jpeg

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Aloha from Kona! So sorry to hear a person is so ill!   

Sounds like we are heading into Kona-maybe too windy for the  helicopter evacuation.  Really hoping the patient is doing ok.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Sounds like we are heading into Kona-maybe too windy for the  helicopter evacuation.  Really hoping the patient is doing ok.  

Safe travels! You must be out always yet. 

Edited, looks like you’re by captain cook, so not that far now.  Hope all goes well.

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Safe travels! You must be out always yet. 

Edited, looks like you’re by captain cook, so not that far now.  Hope all goes well.

I sure hope so.  

IMG_3259.jpeg

IMG_3260.jpeg

Edited by canadianbear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I just witnessed the medical evacuation. Two couples. Both men walked on the tender. Both females alert/awake and in wheelchairs. One lady was alert enough to carry on her own medical papers. She had a purple cast on left leg (not sure if related).

Tender departed. Got half way to shore and turned around. Loaded 4 more full size suitcases (originally only had four small rolls boards). 

Again- both patients were alert and in wheelchairs. God speed recovery. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Are there dominoes in the game room or do we need to bring a set?

Are people saying that stroopwaffles are normally available in the MDR?  How did I never know that?  If they are, is there a charge, because there is in the Dutch Cafe.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Oh no - prayers and positive thoughts for the patient 🙏 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Breezy66 said:

@mustgoYes- they stay on until Papeete.  Ukelele lessons, tahitian dance lessons and at 5pm they do sing, dance and play ukelele in the crows nest.  They are great

Thanks for info. We just booked for next year. I am really enjoying this discussion

• Like 1