Live Review Koningsdam Feb 17-March 23, 2024. Hawaii/Tahiti

12 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Can anyone on the ship now, have a look at the laundry sheet and tell me the price by-the-bag?

Thanks!

Just a quick post for you Elizabeth- there is no price on the laundry slip for by the bag. I have unlimited and it’s been great, but not a one day turn around like most people say. It’s been 48 hours most times abs one time it took 72.

D744E78E-E2FC-41B0-BFEA-F40F28AEF4FC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Just a quick post for you Elizabeth- there is no price on the laundry slip for by the bag. I have unlimited and it’s been great, but not a one day turn around like most people say. It’s been 48 hours most times abs one time it took 72.

D744E78E-E2FC-41B0-BFEA-F40F28AEF4FC.jpeg

@crystalspin the sheet with the bag price is usually clipped to the laundry bag hanging in the closet. We always get one even though we do unlimited. 

Sorry for the poor quality, I couldn't get a picturew/o shadow  This is from Oct/Nov Rome cruise on NS. The highlights were already on the form, the circle is mine.

Bag prices are typically higher for European cruises.

Hope this helps.

20240307_123942.thumb.jpg.63e1ec0e9536c2a7bad28ce34610f01a.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 2

Although I have nothing to corroborate this, I am absolutely certain the laundry by the bag on this same cruise last year was $20/bag.  We had the unlimited for $210 (with one day/same day turnaround), and could have sent out perhaps four or five bags and saved some coin.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, julia said:

Although I have nothing to corroborate this, I am absolutely certain the laundry by the bag on this same cruise last year was $20/bag.  We had the unlimited for $210 (with one day/same day turnaround), and could have sent out perhaps four or five bags and saved some coin.

Yes you are 1000% correct . When we sail we use laundry by the bag .   We also pack wash & wear quick dry clothes  which lmits the amount of wash we need to send out  . Take a shower & wash a few  items . also carry less luggage a win -win

• Like 2

Has anyone with Premium internet tried using Netflix or AppleTV? I’ve heard you need the upgraded plan for those to work.

Asking because with HIA I have Premium next month on a trans-Atlantic.

Thanks

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Trying to catch up. Nothing to report on the ship other than Laundry is going a bit faster (2 days instead of 3). 

I did a snorkeling excursion with Bruno. Highly recommend. I have an information pdf I can post when I get home with all the deets for booking, or you can go look in this years roll call. I just don’t have the files saved on my phone or i would post for those booking in 2025.

Here are some photos (which do not do French Polynesia justice). We circled Taha’a in 6 hours with a stop for swimming with reef sharks, two coral gardens, a drift snorkel (in quite strong current, not for weak swimmers) and lunch on Gilligan’s Island :).

The pouring rain on return trip was nothing but a fresh water shower. Unfortunately most of my great photos are video or taken with my GoPro and cruise critic doesn’t like the format. Hope these give you a little idea what this was like!

AF9A3328-7745-4729-98FB-563CDB018440.jpeg

8F8344D7-CBFE-4E73-B10C-81C4E67FDEA4.jpeg

2DE3EADC-02E6-452E-AF3A-79EA022FB8C6.jpeg

F2591487-9457-4F3B-9E42-35AA40D2BCE8.jpeg

78F7F9C3-2F77-4350-B269-8A2928B9598F.jpeg

FF7C0921-D2CA-407C-81BE-D8291851D8EA.jpeg

9355B5E8-0072-4643-B722-CB207C9DBE29.jpeg

DA568017-2897-4279-975C-850E7CFD2882.jpeg

3537FEB6-6B8C-4F9B-9083-A09796B98E60.jpeg

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Reagan0712 said:

Has anyone with Premium internet tried using Netflix or AppleTV? I’ve heard you need the upgraded plan for those to work.

Asking because with HIA I have Premium next month on a trans-Atlantic.

Before there was a $tream level, the "Surf or Premium" screen stated clearly that no plan (at that time) allowed Netflix, YouTube, AppleTV, or Prime Video. I assume that the new Stream is for those that want what was unavailable before.

ETA: I'm quasi-remembering someone writing they were able to view a very short YouTube on Premium, but I can't find the post. Before StarLink I was able to DL a very small "book" for Kindle -- it was an inspirational quote for each day of the new year 2023. But no other AMZ books -- we spent our turnaround day finding a cyber cafe (actually a gelato shop) and stocking up reading material!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Before there was a $tream level, the "Surf or Premium" screen stated clearly that no plan (at that time) allowed Netflix, YouTube, AppleTV, or Prime Video. I assume that the new Stream is for those that want what was unavailable before.

ETA: I'm quasi-remembering someone writing they were able to view a very short YouTube on Premium, but I can't find the post. Before StarLink I was able to DL a very small "book" for Kindle -- it was an inspirational quote for each day of the new year 2023. But no other AMZ books -- we spent our turnaround day finding a cyber cafe (actually a gelato shop) and stocking up reading material!

On Zuiderdam last August we had no trouble watching YouTube videos of any length with Premium. This was obviously post Starlink. I'm also curious if we'll need to get Stream to use YouTube. I asked my travel agent (who had just gotten off a Holland cruise) and she said they had Premium and could use YouTube.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gorgeous scenery again! it always amazes me how so many trees can thrive on such a little spit of land.

ps did you really mean Gilligan's Island?! that would be kind of cool..🙂🌴

• Like 2

Apparently I did not word my question properly before.

Has anyone currently on the Koningsdam with Premium internet tried using Netflix or AppleTV?

I am not interested in watching YouTube videos.

Thanks

• Like 2

@BermudaBound2014 I found your tour company on the roll call and I have sent them an email already to try to get it organized. It looks like exactly why we are taking this cruise! With 2 days, are you spending another day on the beach or maybe taking some hikes? Are there options for hiking the area?

Janet

• Like 2

17 hours ago, julia said:

Yes you are 1000% correct . When we sail we use laundry by the bag .   We also pack wash & wear quick dry clothes  which lmits the amount of wash we need to send out  . Take a shower & wash a few  items . also carry less luggage a win -win

• Like 1

@BermudaBound2014 Thank you so much for your beautiful photos and information! We are on the 2025 trip and I just sent Bruno a deposit for first day there. This is exactly what we wanted to do! Did you get to pearl farm or rum tasting? He has a few things listed on his website. I was also curious how to make final payment. Local currency or credit card at end of tour?

We anxiously await your posts each day and look forward to learn what you do at the next ports. Thank you again for taking the time to share.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@canadianbear those were from tahati by boat not the excursion you went on (Bruno).

@Arizona cruisers I have quite a few thoughts on this. Be sure to tag me and ask this question in the 2025 roll call once I get to Maui and have more time and can give your questions more thought. In the meantime, if you can find the pdf file in this years roll call I’m sure that explains how I paid. I’ll post those in our roll call also once I get back to my desktop.

@ljgordon54 please ask me these questions in the 2025 roll call where my answers will be more relevant. I’ll be sure to answer all questions the best I can once I can catch a breath. These last few days have been a marathon. I’ll have lots of time once I get to the condo in Maui. 

Yesterdays recap- I do not recommend snorkeling in Papeete and especially not with catamaran Ohana. I’m giving HAL a chance to rectify before I type out everything that I was disappointed with. Because of all the fresh water that dumps in the ocean on this island (Tahiti) there is virtually no coral comparatively. This is why I rarely book any HAL tours, but I needed to spend some OBc. 

Tahiti is a great island for a land tour which is whAt I just completed. Lots of waterfalls and flowers. Photos later, I need to jump in the pool and cool off. 

I will say this also, there are quite a few people complaining about heat. It is hot. Much hotter than Hawaii. Think Florida in July hot times 2. I love the heat and am doing fine, but do not forget your water bottle anywhere. I did witness one lady suffering from what appeared to be heat related illness as they were pouring water on her head. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1