Ship vs Port Time

ViolinKate

This is our first timing cruising Celebrity. On last cruises, the ship time moved to match the port time, but I'm reading that isn't always the case. We will be on the 2 March Celebrity Reflection and the itinerary and Cruise mapper shows up getting into port at 9am in Aruba . Since this will be a week before Daylight Savings Time, I want to make sure the ship will jump an hour to match. Scheduling a private excursion and they asked us to confirm. 

More confusingly, another port calendar (forget which) shows arrival at 8am. Any advice would be welcome. We arrive back in Florida to DST. 

Edited by ViolinKate

1 hour ago, ViolinKate said:

This is our first timing cruising Celebrity. On last cruises, the ship time moved to match the port time, but I'm reading that isn't always the case. We will be on the 2 March Celebrity Reflection and the itinerary and Cruise mapper shows up getting into port at 9am in Aruba . Since this will be a week before Daylight Savings Time, I want to make sure the ship will jump an hour to match. Scheduling a private excursion and they asked us to confirm. 

More confusingly, another port calendar (forget which) shows arrival at 8am. Any advice would be welcome. We arrive back in Florida to DST. 

In my expereince, it's very rare for a conflict.  I almost always do private excursions as well and have never had a problem.

1 hour ago, ViolinKate said:

I agree with all the previous answers--it's very rare that the ship's clock will not match the local time.  Our most recent experience with that was during our Galapagos cruise in Nov.  The islands are one hour behind the mainland of Ecuador.  However, Xpedition, which never visits the mainland, had her clock set to mainland time during our entire 7 night Galapagos Islands cruise.

As far as Aruba is concerned, we have sailed there on a Celebrity ship (including Reflection) from Florida several times and the ship's clock always matched Aruba's local time.

One other thing, Aruba does not observe Daylight Savings Time although that should not be a factor for your cruise.

image.thumb.jpeg.3e4bbe749818d40f480784b3467177db.jpeg

Reflection overnighting at Aruba, Jan 12 2019

Edited by mahdnc

Like mentioned above it is rare for the ship to stay on Ship's Time vs Local Time . One that comes to mind is Newfoundland which has a 1/2 hour time zone.      Really was confusing as we had a private tour so one of us kept a watch on ship time and the other land time.