Here we go again... LIVE from Beyond, February 19, 2024

mac_tlc

Posted (edited)

We were on this cruise as well, and we were with you on the Dora tour.

Loved the tour, the street hawkers not so much!

I did see that the staff were putting notices on the chair hogs, and removing towels. More needs to be done in this area though.

We were in the retreat as well, and I found the hot tubs mostly empty every day.

Edited by warf
  • Like 1

@mac_tlc

Sorry for such a late posting, but we just got home Monday and a few golf dates during the week! 😂

Just wanted to say it was nice meeting you. Sorry we didn’t meet up again. The second cruise was as great as the first one! I have to agree with you on Fine Cut. For some reason that ships kitchen can’t get it together. The week prior on Ascent was great. 

Safe future travels. Hope we meet again. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, countess5 said:

@mac_tlc

Sorry for such a late posting, but we just got home Monday and a few golf dates during the week! 😂

Just wanted to say it was nice meeting you. Sorry we didn’t meet up again. The second cruise was as great as the first one! I have to agree with you on Fine Cut. For some reason that ships kitchen can’t get it together. The week prior on Ascent was great. 

Safe future travels. Hope we meet again. 

Cheers! 

We certainly hope to meet up again. I was just talking to the DW this morning about some Spring 2026 options. Looks like the Silhouette is heading the pack so far. 

I'm heading back down to Florida this afternoon for a golf week + 3 days with my BIL and a mutual golfing friend. 

mac_tlc

6 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We certainly hope to meet up again. I was just talking to the DW this morning about some Spring 2026 options. Looks like the Silhouette is heading the pack so far. 

I'm heading back down to Florida this afternoon for a golf week + 3 days with my BIL and a mutual golfing friend. 

mac_tlc

Enjoy your golf!

Cheers! 

Posted (edited)
On 2/29/2024 at 8:11 PM, hcat said:

not for me..

.I loved all of my cats,  but never put them in clothes/ costumes  or a stroller.  I am sure she is a  very loved and pampered pet but this is a bit over the top for me...

just my opinion,  others will no doubt differ! 

I googled how much Celebrity Captains make out of curiosity. Captain Kate came up. It gave a range plus mentioned her earrings from social media. 
Doesn’t really say how much but I am sure it is worth her effort and self promotion.  

She is no dummy.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

10 hours ago, miched said:

I googled how much Celebrity Captains make out of curiosity. Captain Kate came up. It gave a range plus mentioned her earrings from social media. 
Doesn’t really say how much but I am sure it is worth her effort and self promotion.  

She is no dummy.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Since Bug is hairless, he needs to be kept warm, hence the clothes. The ship, especially the bridge, is pretty chilly. I think what she does is adorable.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 8:11 PM, hcat said:

not for me..

.I loved all of my cats,  but never put them in clothes/ costumes  or a stroller.  I am sure she is a  very loved and pampered pet but this is a bit over the top for me...

just my opinion,  others will no doubt differ! 

Can’t speak for the costumes, but part of the reason for the clothes and/or fuzzy pouch is because of Bug’s breed. (Ditto the baths.) Due to being hairless they get colder than furry cats.

As for the stroller, have you tried to train a cat to walk on a leash? It’s a safer way for Bug to get around the halls than walking free or being carried.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

As for the stroller, have you tried to train a cat to walk on a leash? It’s a safer way for Bug to get around the halls than walking free or being carried.

My niece has a leash trained cat.  She was feral originally.  Sweetest cat ever.  My sister's cats hate her.

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2024 at 3:02 PM, mac_tlc said:

my last review

Sorry to bump this, but I refound it while exercising my search agility.

I am rereading through a few Beyond reviews in preparation for our first sailing on her.

Would it be possible for you to share the link(s) to your previous Edge-class reviews.

Thank you kindly.

PS:  Looking forward (Less than 23 months!!  He he he.) to meeting you and Mrs. C on our upcoming sailing together.

28 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Sorry to bump this, but I refound it while exercising my search agility.

I am rereading through a few Beyond reviews in preparation for our first sailing on her.

Would it be possible for you to share the link(s) to your previous Edge-class reviews.

Thank you kindly.

PS:  Looking forward (Less than 23 months!!  He he he.) to meeting you and Mrs. C on our upcoming sailing together.

I can do that…

This is for the 1/21/2024 Ascent sailing:

mac_tlc

Posted (edited)

@Stem2stern,

On my 4/9/2023 Beyond cruise, I chimed in on a thread started by @GenerationX. That one was fun…..

Two other Edge cruises were in 2021 and affected by Covid protocols, although sailing on a 1/3 full ship was glorious.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

On 5/16/2024 at 12:54 PM, mac_tlc said:

On my 4/9/2023 Beyond cruise, I chimed in on a thread started by @GenerationX. That one was fun…..

Hmmm.  Maybe @GenerationX will join us on Silhouette in 2026???  That would be gleeful!!  Tim and I had the pleasure of sailing with the delightful Mrs Tiki on our last cruise.  I am all caught up on your previous live threads now.  Thank you!! 🙏 👍

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Hmmm.  Maybe @GenerationX will join us on Silhouette in 2026???  That would be gleeful!!  Tim and I had the pleasure of sailing with the delightful Mrs Tiki on our last cruise.  I am all caught up on your previous live threads now.  Thank you!! 🙏 👍

That would be great!

The 4/9/2023 Beyond had us, @GenerationX. @Mrs_Tiki. @Silkroad, @KKB, and @Irishredhead21. Let's get the group together in 2026!!!

mac_tlc

• Like 2