Soft drink options in mini-bar

PDXView

I don’t drink alcohol very much.  What soft drinks are available in mini-bar? A second question is since I don’t drink coffee or tea are any energy drinks available?  We are in a DV.  

Edited by PDXView

4 hours ago, AuntieWerewolf10 said:

The soft drink options were Coke products, Coke Zero not diet Coke. Ask for what you like, they will replenish daily. Don’t remember energy drinks, but Viking will let you bring your own on board. 

This might depend on the ship.  On our cruise last month I had the Diet Coke switched out for Coke Zero.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PDXView said:

I don’t drink alcohol very much.  What soft drinks are available in mini-bar? A second question is since I don’t drink coffee or tea are any energy drinks available?  We are in a DV.  

Currently on Sky, possibilities are:

Coke

Diet Coke

Coke zero

Sprite

Sprite zero (sometimes)

Tonic Water

Club Soda

Ginger Ale

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Currently on Sky, possibilities are:

Coke

Diet Coke

Coke zero

Sprite

Sprite zero (sometimes)

Tonic Water

Club Soda

Ginger Ale

In addition, there should be orange soda as well - usually Fanta. I haven’t seen Sprite Zero at my last 2 cruises which is disappointing as it was the only soda both sugar and caffeine free.

Because of medical advice, my DH must avoid all caffeine.  We would like Caffeine-Free Diet sodas on board. If these is wheat you prefer, please contact Viking by tellus@vikingcruises.com.

If more people request caffeine-free diet soda, maybe Viking will begin to stock these sodas on board.

We end up looking for caffeine-free diet sodas before we board or in ports.

We brought a 12 pack of Root Beer on board, just taped a luggage tape on it, it was the first thing to arrive before other luggage.

Why?  DW doesn’t much care for Sprite and surprisingly root beer is caffeine free.

7 hours ago, Squawkman said:

In addition, there should be orange soda as well - usually Fanta. I haven’t seen Sprite Zero at my last 2 cruises which is disappointing as it was the only soda both sugar and caffeine free.

You’re right.  Sorry I forgot about it. 

Also available at the bars is a glass jarred Peach Tea.  Mike likes it as it’s not too sweet but still typically makes his own hot tea in the morning and by lunch it’s cool enough to pour over ice. 

Edited by Clay Clayton

4 hours ago, Squawkman said:

Next time you have lunch or dinner in the WC, look for orange amongst the cans of Coke and Sprite. Also have seen iced tea in cans there.

Soft drink options in mini-bar

19 hours ago, jondfk said:

We brought a 12 pack of Root Beer on board, just taped a luggage tape on it, it was the first thing to arrive before other luggage.

Why?  DW doesn’t much care for Sprite and surprisingly root beer is caffeine free.

Actually not all root beer is caffeine free.  I forget which brand(s) but there are some that do add caffeine for some unknown reason.  (And I know this as caffeine is verboten with certain medications and there was a time I was on one of them).

3 hours ago, Shalandara said:

Actually not all root beer is caffeine free.  I forget which brand(s) but there are some that do add caffeine for some unknown reason.  (And I know this as caffeine is verboten with certain medications and there was a time I was on one of them).

Barq's Root Beer has caffeine added.

12 minutes ago, millybess said:

A&W Diet Root Beer is caffeine free.  

Let me try this again... Barq's Root Beer is the only brand I know of where caffeine is added to what otherwise is naturally a caffeine free soft drink. I too drink A&W for this very reason, no caffeine.  You can also get it sugar free.

Edited by Haqdeluxe

1 minute ago, Haqdeluxe said:

Let me try this again... Barq's Root Beer is the only brand I know of where caffeine is added to what otherwise is naturally a caffeine free soft drink. I too drink A&W for this very reason, no caffeine. 

🙂  Me too!  And the A&W Diet Root Beer has no sugar -- an added bonus.  

I know this is more of "what I prefer in my minibar", but I discovered a canned German brand of sweetened peach iced tea that they carry onboard called Pfaadt(?) during an Arctic cruise on the Saturn this past summer.  I absolutely loved it, and on a cruise on the Sky this past December inquired if they carried it, and sure enough they did and stocked my minibar with it.  Worth trying if anyone is a fan of fruit flavored teas.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CalTrojan said:

I know this is more of "what I prefer in my minibar", but I discovered a canned German brand of sweetened peach iced tea that they carry onboard called Pfaadt(?) during an Arctic cruise on the Saturn this past summer.  I absolutely loved it, and on a cruise on the Sky this past December inquired if they carried it, and sure enough they did and stocked my minibar with it.  Worth trying if anyone is a fan of fruit flavored teas.

That sounds very nice and I'll watch out for it on our cruise in April.  Thanks!

5 minutes ago, millybess said:

That sounds very nice and I'll watch out for it on our cruise in April.  Thanks!

No problem at all.  And I looked up the name online, and correct name is "Pfanner".

I knew it started with a "Pfa", just couldn't remember the rest of it!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CalTrojan said:

No problem at all.  And I looked up the name online, and correct name is "Pfanner".

I knew it started with a "Pfa", just couldn't remember the rest of it!

Thanks much!