Strange call from "Princess".

nbist

About 3 weeks after our January cruise I received a phone from someone saying they were from Princess and caller ID also said Princess. He seemed to have all our information regarding past cruises, etc.. He said we qualified for several packages/programs. I was having a hard time understanding his accent and I told him I was having a hard time understanding what he was trying to sell me. He said one package he could describe would cost $7499, that could be used for 2 people on any itinerary, air and pre-cruise hotel. Once a cruise was booked under this program I would receive 6000 points towards another cruise. I kept asking him to email me details because I still did not understand what he was trying to sell me. Then I ended the call. He said he would send the email, but never did. So, I am still confused as to what the heck he was trying to sell, or if this was some sort of scam. Doubt we would be interested anyway, but it sure left a bad taste in my mouth! It felt like a timeshare pitch. Did anyone else get this type of call?

There have been other posts about this.

It appears to be legitimate however, I would never just send someone money that called me and then hope I get what I paid for, especially thousands of dollars. Buyer beware always.

• Like 6

Yes, there have been numerous reports of these calls. Enough so that when we got one, I interrupted right off the bat by saying if he was calling about the $7000 package, we weren’t interested. He said thanks and hung up.  It’s a legit call but nothing we’d buy. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, nbist said:

About 3 weeks after our January cruise I received a phone from someone saying they were from Princess and caller ID also said Princess. He seemed to have all our information regarding past cruises, etc.. He said we qualified for several packages/programs. I was having a hard time understanding his accent and I told him I was having a hard time understanding what he was trying to sell me. He said one package he could describe would cost $7499, that could be used for 2 people on any itinerary, air and pre-cruise hotel. Once a cruise was booked under this program I would receive 6000 points towards another cruise. I kept asking him to email me details because I still did not understand what he was trying to sell me. Then I ended the call. He said he would send the email, but never did. So, I am still confused as to what the heck he was trying to sell, or if this was some sort of scam. Doubt we would be interested anyway, but it sure left a bad taste in my mouth! It felt like a timeshare pitch. Did anyone else get this type of call?

I suggest you read this thread and other threads posted in it:

• Like 1

We got this phone call shortly after we finished our Sky sailing in December.  I wasn't a fan that the fellow made it first seem like he was calling about our Sky sailing and wanted to know what we liked and disliked about the cruise.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

We got this phone call shortly after we finished our Sky sailing in December.  I wasn't a fan that the fellow made it first seem like he was calling about our Sky sailing and wanted to know what we liked and disliked about the cruise.  

Yes, that is why I didn't hang up right away. 

Thank you AZJohn for the link. That is the information I was looking for. Not something we would be interested in, but I was just curious as to what he was talking about and concerned as to how he had all our information if it were a scam.

• Like 1

We received this call just two days ago.  We are just two weeks back from an Enchanted Princess cruise.  We let him go through the whole spiel.  I knew of these calls from other posts in the past so I led him on for a while.  He kept stressing that we were getting $6K Fut Cruise Credits and I pointed out I'm paying him $6000 for those credits so those should not be part of the equation.  He was stressing that we were also getting resort credits and hotel credits none of which interested us.

I had him on speaker phone so we were both enjoying the pitch and finally he asked if I wanted to give him a credit card for deposit to which I replied " of course not" and I thanked him for his call.  It was kind of a fun way to kill 5 minutes.

• Like 2