MSC now on Port of Los Angeles schedule - Fall 2025

Cruising89143

10 hours ago, peder said:

So a repositioning cruise from Japan to LA with a stop in Hawaii? That'll be a popular one.

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Yes please 🙂

The Asia repositioning cruises had some great itineraries pre-pandemic. I would love these back.

I've had a rethink, if they could do Shanghai, Japan, Alaska and onto LA, that would be grand. Might drop them an email 😂

• Like 2

On 2/24/2024 at 2:29 AM, phissy said:

Seattle has two cruise ports.
Pier 66 is exclusively for NCL and Oceania.  Recently, NCL renovated this pier to be able to accommodate the newer mega ships they were bringing for Alaska Cruises.

This terminal has direct access ( walkable) to Pike Place Market and the city.

Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91 serves as homeport for Carnival Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean.

Currently, there are no plans for a new cruise terminal.

Is there much distance from 66 to 91 in terms of mileage? We are sailing again with Princess next year to Alaska.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, sidari said:

Is there much distance from 66 to 91 in terms of mileage? We are sailing again with Princess next year to Alaska.

The distance is approximately 4 miles. Not really walkable. I am attaching a map.  Pier 91 is in an area known as Magnolia. Pier 66 is city of Seattle. Ride shares readily available.

Happy Cruising!

IMG_3151.png

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, phissy said:

The distance is approximately 4 miles. Not really walkable. I am attaching a map.  Pier 91 is in an area known as Magnolia. Pier 66 is city of Seattle. Ride shares readily available.

Happy Cruising!

IMG_3151.png

Phissy ... Thanks for that, just checked out hotel and it is about 3 miles from 91 and a short walk to the space needle.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 6:58 AM, JamieLogical said:

This page also shows the schedule if you select October 2025:

https://www.portsamerica.com/our-services/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-schedule

image.thumb.png.c5e89005d5029c9eb55665ff7cb63f16.png

It looks like weekly sailings (On Saturdays) from October 4th 2025 - May 16 2026 and then starting back up October 31st 2026 and continuing until they stop reporting the data at the end of the year.

As an Angelino and MSC lover.. can't wait.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, peder said:

No Bellissima on the Alaska cruise schedules for 2025 yet, but I'm not sure if that's finalized: https://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/All-Alaska-Ports-All-Vessels-2025.pdf

Would the Bellissima do something else on the west coast besides Alaska?

Maybe the Mexican Riviera?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cruisingandcrazy said:

It looks like weekly sailings (On Saturdays) from October 4th 2025 - May 16 2026 and then starting back up October 31st 2026 and continuing until they stop reporting the data at the end of the year.

As an Angelino and MSC lover.. can't wait.

Where are you seeing the 2026 dates?  I can only through the end of 2025.

I am ready to book when the dates are released.  I don't want to be on the first few months of voyages though as I think it will be a cultural shock to the crew switching from Japan cruises to California cruises, and it might take them a while to work the kinks out.

I brought this subject up with the Cruise Next staff while on the Seascape week before last.

The Cruise Next staffer adamantly stated that the LA Port entry showing Bellissima is a "ghost" entry - and that there are no firm plans at this time for MSC to be cruising out of LA.

I wish it were true - must easier to cruise out of Calif for us - but it looks like we'll be travelling to Florida or Galveston for the near future.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sharon_and_TC said:

I brought this subject up with the Cruise Next staff while on the Seascape week before last.

The Cruise Next staffer adamantly stated that the LA Port entry showing Bellissima is a "ghost" entry - and that there are no firm plans at this time for MSC to be cruising out of LA.

I wish it were true - must easier to cruise out of Calif for us - but it looks like we'll be travelling to Florida or Galveston for the near future.

As I mentioned, I was contacted by MSC and asked to delete a post about Bellissima sailing from Los Angeles, "...as this news has not been officially announced yet." (direct quote)

So I really don't care how adamantly they are denying it.  And "ghost entries" sailing from L.A. every 7 days doesn't make sense.  There's an old saying, "If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true."

P.S. I don't personally believe that the Next Cruise staff would be included in such high-level decisions, but if they did know (doubtful), certainly they aren't going to risk their jobs by announcing something that corporate has not yet announced.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

As I mentioned, I was contacted by MSC and asked to delete a post about Bellissima sailing from Los Angeles, "...as this news has not been officially announced yet." (direct quote)

So I really don't care how adamantly they are denying it.  And "ghost entries" sailing from L.A. every 7 days doesn't make sense.  There's an old saying, "If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true."

P.S. I don't personally believe that the Next Cruise staff would be included in such high-level decisions, but if they did know (doubtful), certainly they aren't going to risk their jobs by announcing something that corporate has not yet announced.

I do wonder what the hold up is in making an official announcement. If they really will be sailing out of LA in October 2025, I would assume they would want to be able to open bookings for that soon.

4 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I'm crossing my fingers but this wouldn't be the first time the Port's website posted schedules prematurely.

And maybe not even prematurely. They might just list even the ships that are optioned: MSC might be reserving/holding an option to use those dates in case they want to position the Bellissima there.

• 4 weeks later...

In todays update, it looks like that they took the 2025 MSC L.A. Port options OFF the Port of Los Angeles calendar and extended it to a January 2026 launch. But I would not hold my breath on this one. 

https://artifacts.portsamerica.com//wbct/pdf/2025-la-schedule.pdf

https://artifacts.portsamerica.com//wbct/pdf/2026-la-calendar.pdf

• Like 1