LIVE from Discovery: Feb 24 - Mar 2

New2cruise2022

9 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Where did you get the fancy wrist bands? 

We ordered them on Amazon. We like them. But we are still testing. The thickness of the silicone seems to have made the medallion less responsive when swiping or tapping.

It still works, but might be more difficult. We will try using it in some other holders and see if there is a better response and compare and contrast. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

We ordered them on Amazon. We like them. But we are still testing. The thickness of the silicone seems to have made the medallion less responsive when swiping or tapping.

It still works, but might be more difficult. We will try using it in some other holders and see if there is a better response and compare and contrast. 

Are those separate wristbands, or the disc you can buy to attach to an Apple Watch? I also have been looking on Amazon!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Success! Full day Cabana on Thursday sea day. Very excited. It was efficient and orderly. 

Although there was some groaning from people waiting when they heard a couple trying to figure out what the trajectory of the sun would be so they can figure out which chairs they wanted. I believe they checked with NASA, repositioned a satellite, and figured out where the sun would be.  ☀️ 

They didn't ask me.  😂

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, 2and2 said:

The quality of your posts are fantastic. The Value Brothers need a YouTube channel. 

We've got it started. We hope to be posting there all week long.  You can find additional / faster content on IG or YT, just search the Super Value Bros. The PDFs going on the website will be solely hosted there.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, cynbar said:

Are those separate wristbands, or the disc you can buy to attach to an Apple Watch? I also have been looking on Amazon!

We have the disc for the Apple Watch and my son who doesn’t wear an Apple Watch has the bands.

We will wear it a day with the lanyard, and one with the clip. We will see if there is any difference in convenience or performance. 

I will say — First time with Medallion and we love it. ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

OceanNow — First Impressions:

We will provide a full review at the end of the week. But it’s 4 PM. We just had sail away and we are still by the shipping yards.

I have ordered drinks 3 times from OceanNow. Each time with 2 or more drinks. All of them were delivered in less than 20 minutes. All of the orders perfect. 2 to the stateroom and 1 out on the Lido deck. 

So far this is a huge success and win for Princess. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drwbrt said:

We've got it started. We hope to be posting there all week long.  You can find additional / faster content on IG or YT, just search the Super Value Bros. The PDFs going on the website will be solely hosted there.

I am your third subscriber. Your on your way. 

• Like 1

Some drinks to try a dirty banana which is frozen so wait until warmer waters to have.  The ultimate cooler vodka and watermelon , the milky way chocolate martini, and the watermelon salted margerita although that one is above plus package.  Not to mention check out the bar Bellinis which is champagne cocktails.😀

• Like 2

Lunch in Skagway MDR: Day 1

Screenshot2024-02-24at4_29_46PM.thumb.png.3e07f5ec7f0c43377eb254e78f4bc9da.png

I lived in Europe for a few years. The crisp and crunch was amazing. The inside was moist and cooked through. The flavor is very good. Also, 16 to 22 year old boys loved the wheat rolls too. Very interested to see if this product is consistent throughout the week. 

Screenshot2024-02-24at4_05_21PM.thumb.png.d4d99a81466dbdaec7253e514691d42a.png

Yes, it is possible to screw up green salad. They did NOT. It was nice and the ranch was good. 

Screenshot2024-02-24at4_31_38PM.thumb.png.de4480063b65ea734141475e8144afe0.png

Yes, yes, yes. Temp was pretty good, still a bit above warm. Lightly battered and crisp, with an audible bite. Heinz ketchup vs a lesser generic.

Screenshot2024-02-24at4_03_12PM.thumb.png.7a821eacc17541d5a56f3d89874942c2.png

Very nice flavor and the dill sauce was really good. There was a slight overcook on the salmon that impacted texture, not flavor. The dill sauce offered the slightly overcooked texture a little relief and made a nice meal. 

Screenshot2024-02-24at4_33_43PM.thumb.png.f00764ef760f1b89af74f9ceb821144b.png

Really delicious. And moreover, Princess put the tender in tenderloin. Not unlike Elvis — I love me tender 🎵 

Screenshot2024-02-24at4_09_27PM.thumb.png.0d00435673e06e6fedbfe912efb61419.png

We get it, it’s a rough rating. And we wanted more for this dish. The sauce leans a little toward Chef Boyardee in taste. 🧑‍🍳 It was also cold, which didn’t help the flavor, like below room temp and straight from a can. The pasta was closer to al dente, which is a good thing, but the temp killed it too. Too cold to endorse. Maybe this one just was a one off in poor execution. Either way, did not finish … a single ravioli, let alone the dish. 

Screenshot2024-02-24at4_27_12PM.thumb.png.ee13e8ca7059021799ae824fee49d8f0.png

I came to lunch for this soufflé and the beef tenderloin. They were both so good. Temperature made the soufflé sing. It was hot — steaming hot. The sauce was nice. Maybe a little dense, but, what do I know about soufflés? I can’t count the number of soufflés I’ve had in my life on three fingers. But after this, bring me some more. 

Screenshot2024-02-24at4_37_12PM.thumb.png.7f12fb7e0494255ed5aafc6bb30f7b48.png
If you don’t like bananas 🍌, this is NOT for you. If you don’t like banana flavor, this is NOT for you. BUT if you are the one that grabs for the yellow Laffy Taffy for more than the joke on the wrapper, or you are the one that drinks 99 Bananas (and aren’t at a high school house party) then this is definitely for you. The ice cream is a little more icy than creamy, but otherwise very nice. 

Screenshot2024-02-24at4_00_43PM.thumb.png.b543475265739ea099d4753acbfcf0d6.png

I haven’t had fruit cocktail since third grade. Still not my thing. I put this with the ravioli. It reads a little hospital cafeteria. Not mad I tried and not upset. It’s entirely possible some people love this. 

Edited by New2cruise2022
Forgot the 🍌
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

Some drinks to try a dirty banana which is frozen so wait until warmer waters to have.  The ultimate cooler vodka and watermelon , the milky way chocolate martini, and the watermelon salted margerita although that one is above plus package.  Not to mention check out the bar Bellinis which is champagne cocktails.😀

This should get us through Day 2, so we will be expecting more from you to get us through Days 3 and 4. 😂 

IMG_0720.thumb.jpeg.954e53a56cfa50383d01716fc6bcfb47.jpegIMG_0719.thumb.jpeg.a3351df8b6aee00f9e7660c3b3804df5.jpeg
I do like live music. But these two (who are engaged to one another) are VERY good. They have great voices and the simplicity of their acoustic sound is not too loud. Just right. 

Also, they have a set that is hitting like greatest hits album. Songs titles that I cannot remember for the life of me (thanks to a steady flow of cocktails) but that I know we both sang along to. Also, the couple were kind enough to call me and my brother as a couple of love birds. They know us too well. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

Up next, a mariachi band. I think that’s my cue …

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 2/23/2024 at 11:01 PM, New2cruise2022 said:

I will put my boys on it as expert consultants. Me and @drwbrt workout regularly but we are far from bodybuilders. 🏋️♀️ 

Since our cruise last, me and @drwbrt decided to work toward a healthier lifestyle. Between the 2 of us, we have shed 150 lbs. So, we will be in the gym daily. We will get you pictures of the equipment and provide context for the best times to go and how crowded the gym was or wasn’t throughout the cruise. 

There is a blue walking/jogging track on deck 18, aft. I love it up there. There are also some selfie walls up there if you want to take some pictures with your family.

IMG_8754.jpeg

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

There is a blue walking/jogging track on deck 18, aft. I love it up there. There are also some selfie walls up there if you want to take some pictures with your family.

IMG_8754.jpeg

Bright and early. Then coffee. 

• Like 1