LIVE from Discovery: Feb 24 - Mar 2

New2cruise2022

57 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

IMG_0555.thumb.jpeg.c9c40661d69f111518228d9d58cbb770.jpeg
That’s five princesses ready to sail. #princessforaweek

Weather in LA is great. Overcast but no rain. 60. Shorts and shirt weather. 

I was going to apologize for not having better weather for you...but at least it's dry today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Embarkation Day (continued):

We arrived at port at 9:00 AM. We made our way to the bag drop and found a porter that was very kind and took our bags away. The traffic directors were very efficient and kept things moving.

We circled around and parked. We have cruised out of San Pedro before so we benefited from some familiarity, but the signage was helpful. 

Parking is set up to Tap or Swipe a credit card. 💳 There is no parking ticket, as your entry is clocked by the credit card and you use the same card upon exit. Very convenient and easy. 

We found a great parking spot at this hour and with a short walk, we entered the tent (pre-security) at 9:19 AM. 

IMG_0552.thumb.jpeg.95c76c18b8a49e4b7a168a65d24bcf59.jpeg

Note: Getting to the port as early as we did, the last cruise is still collecting their bags, mulling around, and waiting for rides. This creates a bit of a choke point and the feeling is somewhat chaotic. What took 19 minutes felt like about 40 minutes. Just be patient and know that it works out great.

Tip: the parking lot is emptying as it fills up. Don’t be shy to park as close or as far away as you prefer. We moved close and found a spot as someone left. 

Hi, quick question for you.  Did you drop off your bags before you parked?  We are boarding next Saturday, do have a great cruise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wv4891 said:

Hi, quick question for you.  Did you drop off your bags before you parked?  We are boarding next Saturday, do have a great cruise.

loop through, drop off luggage & anyone who doesn't want to walk from the parking lot & go find a spot in the lot

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, travelin.sisters said:

I was going to apologize for not having better weather for you...but at least it's dry today.

We got to LA on Thursday right after the rain stopped. In fact, there was still a moat protecting Castle Starbucks on Friday morning. 
IMG_0563.thumb.jpeg.57d215bc32fb1693c186688190c3bff7.jpeg

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, wv4891 said:

Yes, we did. Dropped. Looped around. All of us stayed together and walked from the parki by spot 

• Like 2

IMG_0567.thumb.jpeg.9eb2c91842ce5f6e3c969082db4c00d3.jpeg

Waiting outside Sanctuary to see if there is anything available. 🤞🏽 

10:53 AM we were on the ship. Pictures (because why not), muster station checkin at Princess Theater (Deck 7), then straight up the stairs to The Sanctuary (Deck 17). 
Yes, we took the stairs. 
We were in line at 11:01 AM. 
The cardio is paying off. Couldn’t have done that a year ago. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

IMG_0567.thumb.jpeg.9eb2c91842ce5f6e3c969082db4c00d3.jpeg

Waiting outside Sanctuary to see if there is anything available. 🤞🏽 

10:53 AM we were on the ship. Pictures (because why not), muster station checkin at Princess Theater (Deck 7), then straight up the stairs to The Sanctuary (Deck 17). 
Yes, we took the stairs. 
We were in line at 11:01 AM. 
The cardio is paying off. Couldn’t have done that a year ago. 

Success! Full day Cabana on Thursday sea day. Very excited. It was efficient and orderly. 

Although there was some groaning from people waiting when they heard a couple trying to figure out what the trajectory of the sun would be so they can figure out which chairs they wanted. I believe they checked with NASA, repositioned a satellite, and figured out where the sun would be.  ☀️ 

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Hahaha!!!  I have already figured out where there might be shade in the Sanctuary on the days we want, mapping out the cruise itinerary....   Otherwise, that would have been me!!!

Great score on the Cabana.   And, you know you have cabana-shade!!!

Bring on the sun. 

First of…so many

Screenshot2024-02-24at10_25_24AM.thumb.jpeg.978087e722185e0d5cab8610965f814f.jpeg
we saw this in the live last week. I was so excited to try it. It may not be for me. I will try it again in a bar instead of the mdr. It tastes like melted mixed berry ice cream, until it doesn’t. I can see why people like it and will give it one more go later. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Success! Full day Cabana on Thursday sea day. Very excited. It was efficient and orderly. 

Although there was some groaning from people waiting when they heard a couple trying to figure out what the trajectory of the sun would be so they can figure out which chairs they wanted. I believe they checked with NASA, repositioned a satellite, and figured out where the sun would be.  ☀️ 

Glad you scored a cabana - this is my plan when we board the Discovery. Book it to the Sanctuary!

I'm honestly not to too picky about the sun, just want to score a seat.

Big hat, book and a drink. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

IMG_0555.thumb.jpeg.c9c40661d69f111518228d9d58cbb770.jpeg
That’s five princesses ready to sail. #princessforaweek

Weather in LA is great. Overcast but no rain. 60. Shorts and shirt weather. 

Where did you get the fancy wrist bands?