Favorite Spa Treatment or Massage

Headed to Alaska in May on Eurodam.

Hubs and I like to do a spa treatment or massage on the first day or so when we travel to disconnect from the real world.

For those of you that frequent the spa, what are your favorite treatments or massages?

Is the bamboo massage worthwhile?

My wife always does a facial ELEMIS Pro-Radiance Superfood Facial, and I like to do the Elemis Pro-Collagen Grooming Treatment with Shave.  If we book early enough for the discount, we often try and do the Couples Swedish Message for as long as we can afford to (usually the 70-minute one).  

Edited by scooter6139
  • Thanks 1

I like/prefer the hot stone massage.  Once I had the R3 total deep whatever it is called -- and while I needed it (due to lots of stress in my life at the time) it did leave me sore for a few days. 

Husband kinda found he liked the fire/ice pedicure (he has a thing about other people touching him so I was surprised he even tried!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have had good luck with several hair-highlighting at very fair stateside prices. But my one pedicure was way over-priced compared to stateside,  and I even ended up with abrasions on my toes. 

• Thanks 1

Seaweed Wrap is my favorite, although my last 2 cruises (NS and K'dam) I was told the waterbath tables have been removed so the treatment for me is not worth doing.

I get Reflexology every cruise, usually twice - at beginning and at end of cruise.

• Thanks 1

I love the acupuncture treatments. Make my aching joints feel so much better going out than they do coming in. 
They are expensive, but they do the job I need doing, and a great way to spend OBC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have tried the bamboo, deep tissue and hot stone massage. The stones were my favorite, it is very, very relaxing and not as harsh as the deep tissue. The bamboo just didn't have the same relaxing effects as the hot stones. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

I have had good luck with several hair-highlighting at very fair stateside prices. But my one pedicure was way over-priced compared to stateside,  and I even ended up with abrasions on my toes. 

My wife found that the hair highlighting and styling onboard was less that what she was paying on land, and she doesn't use expensive places.

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately. I gave up on massages while on HAL a several years ago. The “deep tissue” treatments are a joke. Massage me like I need it, not like I’m a frail 80 year old. MHO.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Do they have any hand-specific (NOT manicure!) treatments? I apparently have some arthritis in my hands that has taken to limit my knitting and other activities.

I think I saw some listed on the salon/spa menu, but can't be sure what was there as I wasn't looking. 
Also, if the acupuncture 'seminar' is held, go and listen, then ask if they can do something.
It took me three 'seminars' before I was convinced enough to give it a try, and was very pleased. I even continued at home as it helped so much.  

• Thanks 2

I have kinky frizzy hair so the blowout bundle is my go to.  It frees me from having to manage my unruly hair.  I also like some of the facials which I do find cheaper than in my city and of similar quality.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks, y’all!

At home, I regularly get deep tissue massages (I hear you, kirkc) and have had good results with acupuncture for my psoriatic arthritis (crystalspin.) Away, I usually like something novel, so it sounds like hot stones, facials, and seaweed wrap are worth considering.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Do they have any hand-specific (NOT manicure!) treatments? I apparently have some arthritis in my hands that has taken to limit my knitting and other activities.

@crystalspin you might talk to them specifically about the fire and ice manicure.  The pedicure version included a foot massage so I am thinking the manicure version has a hand massage? 

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/24/2024 at 1:33 PM, Haljo1935 said:

Seaweed Wrap is my favorite, although my last 2 cruises (NS and K'dam) I was told the waterbath tables have been removed so the treatment for me is not worth doing.

I get Reflexology every cruise, usually twice - at beginning and at end of cruise.

Hi. So how much of the seaweed wrap is massage time? I’d like to convince my husband to do a couples seaweed wrap, but he loves a massage. Too bad the beds are gone. He would’ve loved that.

Edited by mawvkysc

3 hours ago, mawvkysc said:

Hi. So how much of the seaweed wrap is massage time? I’d like to convince my husband to do a couples seaweed wrap, but he loves a massage. Too bad the beds are gone. He would’ve loved that.

About half the time is massage  the other half being seaweed and shower. This has been my favorite until they removed the waterbath tables, so I no longer do them. But the massages really are the best as typically the best masseuse do these treatments. 

• Thanks 1