Viking Said to Have Filed for IPO

Host Jazzbeau

New article on Cruise Industry News:

Viking Said to Have Filed for IPO

I don't give financial advice, but this is intriguing.  Apparently the most successful cruise line in history, but run by a guy with a big ego like it is his personal company [which until now it was].  Who does that remind me of?

Edited to add:  Apparently I have to spell it out:  Elon Musk.  

[@Coral got it, but not everybody...]

• Haha 1

Elon....... Sadly as I own some stock.

I wonder if there will be any benefit to own stock if sailing Viking. Forget that, I won't sail Viking. If I was to bet, the stock would do well.

Edited by Coral

Interesting move. Mr. Hagen is not the youngest. Time to think what will be in a few years time?

52 minutes ago, Coral said:

Forget that, I won't sail Viking. If I was to bet, the stock would do well.

I would not touch that stock and never sail with Viking. You know, business ethics and all that.

I would also assume that there is enough confidence in the stock, despite the large losses that happened during the WHO-thrown-onto-us-all pandemic.

notamermaid

13 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

Interesting move. Mr. Hagen is not the youngest. Time to think what will be in a few years time?

I would not touch that stock and never sail with Viking. You know, business ethics and all that.

I would also assume that there is enough confidence in the stock, despite the large losses that happened during the WHO-thrown-onto-us-all pandemic.

notamermaid

It is just weird - living in the US, individuals here (non-cruisers, ocean cruisers) are ONLY familiar with Viking as a river boat company. They don't know there are any other companies! Like you, I have no desire to sail them due to their business practices. I no longer have cruise line stock. More stable businesses to invest in 🙂 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 3