Question About Luggage On Vision Of The Seas

Just an FYI, checked bags dropped with porters outside the terminal on all RCI ships have luggage delivery.  Tip:  Attach two tags on your checked bags...learned the hard way many years ago when I only did one, and it was torn off.  Not fun trying to find it.  😮 

And welcome to Cruise Critic.  🙂 

38 minutes ago, Boaterman50 said:

We are wondering if RC Vision of the Seas will bring your luggage to the cabin,

Yes.  

If you don't have it right away, give it an hour or so.  Then just check by the elevators.  The vision is a tiny ship so you won't have to walk far.  

If you are tech savvy, use an airtag.

As others have said, yes, they will. I had the earliest boarding time and my luggage was in the elevator lobby by the time the cabins were available (sometime between 1:30 and 2:00 when I got down to my cabin). I took the rest of the way so I could unpack.

Years ago luggage was left outside your stateroom.

These days it's lined up in the hallway -- not a huge inconvenience. 

When we sailed Grandeur, which has a lot of space outside the elevators, all the luggage for the floor was left in that area -- but it seemed that luggage that wasn't picked up fairly quickly was delivered down the halls.  

14 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

28 RCI cruises (most recent Oct 2023) ... my checked luggage has always been delivered outside (or occasionally inside) my stateroom (inside, OV, balcony).

Same here, including one time that our luggage tag was torn off. They figured it out from our bus line tag, and delivered as usual.

The only time I've read of non-delivery has been from people whose bags were taken to the Naughty Room.

21 hours ago, island lady said:

Just an FYI, checked bags dropped with porters outside the terminal on all RCI ships have luggage delivery.  Tip:  Attach two tags on your checked bags...learned the hard way many years ago when I only did one, and it was torn off.  Not fun trying to find it.  😮 

Absolutely!  Especially for departure. 

• Like 1